Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default subpar tracks list

add yours to mine. no sentimentalism. no "i grew up at that track" defenses. lets get a list of tracks that dont produce good racing.

portsmouth
    east alabama
    talladega short track
    cherokee
    senoia
    orange county ny.
    clarksville tn
    central mo. spdwy
    west liberty ia.
    maquoketa ia.
    florence(josh rice makes the show but a poor track)
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 11-13-2022 at 04:26 PM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Gaffney and Portsmouth deserve high consideration.

Eldora has alot of snoozers also mostly in the features for the lead but the battles in the back or good ones. Also another track not listed but should be in 2024 would be Pennsboro.

Florence has one of the best tracks around!

How about we take a minute to think about how aero dependent the cars have become and how this is a bigger cause of poor racing than the tracks and the promoters that work hard to keep their tracks open? Sure will be a lot of whining when more tracks go away. Stupid post.

Pennsboro and Oglethorpe GA are the worst I ever been to.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Pennsboro and Oglethorpe GA are the worst I ever been to.
    Oglethorpe????.......how dare you! lol

Add Alltech and Volusia to that list though!

I don’t think 411 and Florence belong on this list.

TST and Senoia have been subpar recently but they’ve both been very good in the past.

Florence, No! Great track, now Maquoketa Ia. Yeah, one of the worst. West Liberty Ia., fast but not side by side racing. I know I'll be in the minority but I'm not impressed Eldora. Great facility after Tony upgraded the dump.

In my neighborhood it was a blessing when they quit running regularly at Antigo, WI. Big half mile that was hell on engines and did not promote good racing. For the hell of it I went to a sprint car race there last year and got buyer's remorse. Not a good show.

Shawano, WI should be made into a smaller track. They have decent races in IMCA mods and stocks and not so good races in late models. Whenever they have brought in an open motor show there has rarely been a competitive pass for the lead in any heat or feature I've been at. Closest track to where I live and I quit spending money there because of it.

Whenever there is a late model race at Angell Park in Sun Prairie, stay home. There is a reason that is a midget track. But I have been to very good midget races there.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Florence doesn't belong on this list IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Florence doesn't belong on this list IMO.
    I agree, but I also don't think it really goes on a "great tracks" list either.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Many variables that can influence a person’s ranking of a track…many of which have been mentioned. There is a sizable ‘tweener’ bucket now just from the aero issues alone.

I was never a fan of Modoc until the current promoters took it over and made a lot of improvements. Was very impressed when I went last spring. Not saying it belongs on the A List but it’s a solid ‘in between’ place now for my money.

I used to like going up to Williams Grove in the early/mid 2000s when Stacker2 would show up. Those bodies without all of the trick stuff we see today raced well then. It’s a joke now for supers at WG.

Totally agree with Cherokee being on this list. I like everything about the place but the racing. Good people, good food and a decent view. Same goes for Lavonia (and not just because the same guy promotes both places).

Lots of in-between tracks still out there.
    Last edited by Oiler; 11-14-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Oglethorpe isn't around anymore but I agree the racing there was bad. Never went once they shortened and made it more of a paperclip layout. I haven't seen a good race at Rome speedway in quite sometime. Like the Taz, it is a track you should see at least once for the speed and scenery. Would say Rome is due to aero effect from the cars.

Wasn't Supers but All-Tech had a dang good race for the Powell Memorial running crate engines.

Florence does not belong on the list, Florence sight lines are the best in the dirt racing world. Eldora is hit or miss, lately a sure miss, and to be honest ,sight lines suck, you cant see the whole track, with all the improvements there, work on getting the Nascar type haulers out of the infield, that would be a start. Oakshade used to be good, now its usually horrible, Butler is horrible, too narrow. Atomic, hit or miss, Attica usually pretty good, especially running winged super sprints and late models, very nice.

Moler, usually pretty good, Portsmouth, not a fan, Sharon is pretty good.

any of these 1/2 milers or bigger.

I'll add Richmond KY to the list. Not that very many gives it praise, it just doesn't impress me the times I have been there. I have seen videos of where it put on a show though.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Eldora has alot of snoozers also mostly in the features for the lead but the battles in the back or good ones. Also another track not listed but should be in 2024 would be Pennsboro.
    How can you list pennsboro when you have no idea what there plans are for the track itself.

Golden aisles. WVMS. Both tracks are to big. The system as it is today, your time on the clock means everything. Fast time, win your heat, you get rewarded with starting on the pole. WOW, isn't that exciting little johnnie. I wonder what the cars would do if they just took the ears off the front end ?