Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Floracing Purchases Dirt on Dirt

"The Wise One"

Wonder what that means for dirt on dirt's partnership with dirtvision on a lot of their stuff going forward. I have floracing this year as well as dirtvision outlaw sprint fast pass. Had the late model fast pass during summer nationals. Flo is a real bang for the buck $150 or so for the full year of all USAC races, quite a few big block mod races & some other events. A pricing model similar to or just a bit higher to bring on the late model content would be great.

I wonder what this means. Kind of sad that they sold everything to Floracing. I have not heard great things about their coverage. I hope this does not ruin DOD

Xfactor - as mentioned I have had floracing this year. I have heard of others having complaints, but I have not had any. Picture quality & reliability has been good. I'm guessing some of those problems are being experienced by folks that don't have adequate download speeds for a reliable stream. Purely a guess on my part.

I will reup next year & would pay more if there is gonna be more late model content.

Nothing changes with DoD. Michael is now the GM at Flo.

I would guess with the merger that DoD can still use their video equipment and expertise in making sure the quality stays the same if not better. Does this mean the website will change? Will it be Floracing.com or still DOD.com?

Dirtondirt.com is keeping their name as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Buyouts are always immediately followed by a "nothing changes" statement. When new people are responsible for the profit/loss statement, everything changes.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Buyouts are always immediately followed by a "nothing changes" statement. When new people are responsible for the profit/loss statement, everything changes.
    Very true. I have a bad feeling about this. Just looking at Floracing's website it seems poor compared to DirtonDirt. I sure hope the coverage continues and we can expect the same great things from DOD...

So my billing information has been shared without my consent?

I would have appreciated a direct contact from DOD prior to learning of this news via social media.

Seems very unprofessional......

I don’t want a package that includes other forms of racing. I only want to watch the late models so going up on price for other racing does nothing for me.

If enough people are unhappy with Flo racing, they will start DoD.2

There are already several guys out there producing races where DoD is missing. Maybe they'll step up.

Who thought DoD would ever be profitable when it started 10+ years ago?

I've been a subscriber to Flomarching (bands) for two years. Some people report problems, some love it.

Congrats to Michael - hope he made a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Wonder what that means for dirt on dirt's partnership with dirtvision on a lot of their stuff going forward. I have floracing this year as well as dirtvision outlaw sprint fast pass. Had the late model fast pass during summer nationals. Flo is a real bang for the buck $150 or so for the full year of all USAC races, quite a few big block mod races & some other events. A pricing model similar to or just a bit higher to bring on the late model content would be great.
    Probably won’t change anything, WRG is partnered with them for the super dirtcar series

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Bingo!!!!!

I have DOD like many other people. Not worried at all. Maybe even offer some new things. I doubt that DOD was purchased to make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Exactly........................................... ....................

This has been in the works for months. I spoke with a few of the DOD brass today after this was announced. I don’t have any concerns as of now. This should be a good thing.

I cannot help but feel sad about the deal. Feels like a sellout. They built this thing up and have done an amazing job at DoD. I dont like someone else owning. Just feels wrong...

It is business. It is always about business. Way of the U.S.A. Start it, build it and sell it at a good profit.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    It is business. It is always about business. Way of the U.S.A. Start it, build it and sell it at a good profit.
    That is true. Michael made this thing and we followed and made it huge. No way Floracing will work as hard as he did because they did not start it and build it. It was his baby. Now I dont know what his incentive is as well.