Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumley Rockets

Default Rumley Rockets

Rumley designed cars dominated at Gis last night

I am confused I thought the Rumley design was just a cheap part that was a add on not a whole design.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    I am confused I thought the Rumley design was just a cheap part that was a add on not a whole design.
    No. Its both. If it wasn't, Longhorns wouldn't be flying out the door and winning races.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Rocket by Club 49!

Well, here's some Inception type stuff. Who's to say that the Rumley designed Longhorn doesn't have influences from Rocket in the first place? I mean, that's what the Rumleys were running before they got into the Longhorns.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I guess I am going to open up a can of worms. But being a fairly new DLM fan and a reader of 4m for only the last 6 months, why all the hate toward Rocket chassis and Josh Richards? It seems the majority on this board love to bash their success. I had the opportunity visit the shop a few months ago while visiting my in laws in WV just as a fan. Stopped in, told them I was in the area and everyone could not have been nicer. Got to meet Josh and he seemed like a fine young man to me, very down to earth and personable to boot.

Most of it is just jealousy, they don't like it because a rich kid gets to drive his daddy's house car. There's no doubt it the kid can drive. Some think he's a little to aggressively at times.

Exclamation Fore Warned is Fore Armed.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    ...Got to meet Josh and he seemed like a fine young man to me, very down to earth and personable to boot...
    Lots of guys are nice when they take their helmets off, but then once they put it back on, Jekyll & Hyde. For me it's personal, I use to work for a parts supplier to the industry(shocks 98'-04') and Rocket was a customer of ours and without going into details, I just didn't like how, "They" did business. As far as Josh goes I don't care for his driving, plane and simple. He has a bad habit of cutting your nose off on corner entry(did it to B Shepp last night), throwing sliders when he knows he won't clear you and he did a friend of mine(Casey Roberts) pretty dirty last year on multiple occasions, but he got a nice knot on his head for good measure. There is more I could say, but I don't want to dig up old bones so I'll leave it with this. I've been around dirt racing a long time but I've never seen a group of folks with such a lack of respect for their fellow competitors, customers and fans as that bunch. If you like them, that's fine, I won't fault you for your choices. Good luck to everyone in 2016.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Well, here's some Inception type stuff. Who's to say that the Rumley designed Longhorn doesn't have influences from Rocket in the first place? I mean, that's what the Rumleys were running before they got into the Longhorns.
    this is true, but where did rocket get its influences from , take a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    Bullitt by Ray Callahan.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    Originally? or the time before this, or the time before that?

What they do, and do it better than anybody else in the industry, is keep an eye on what everybody else is doing, and then adapt their product to keep up. It's how they've managed to stay relevant at the top levels of the sport as long as they have.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Originally? or the time before this, or the time before that?

What they do, and do it better than anybody else in the industry, is keep an eye on what everybody else is doing, and then adapt their product to keep up. It's how they've managed to stay relevant at the top levels of the sport as long as they have.
    I thought you might give a deferent answer so I could argue, lol , but I have to agree 100%

And who has the proof Rumley had any part of this. If Barry Wright or the Club cars do doing well, are we going to say they called up Kevin to? I mean since he invented late models and all, I'm guessing you gotta call him.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    And who has the proof Rumley had any part of this. If Barry Wright or the Club cars do doing well, are we going to say they called up Kevin to? I mean since he invented late models and all, I'm guessing you gotta call him.
    It was either well copied, or help was given. All you have to do is look at it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It was either well copied, or help was given. All you have to do is look at it.
    I seen this in Charlotte. You can see the resemblance between the two in pics very clear. Top and roof line look identical.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I seen this in Charlotte. You can see the resemblance between the two in pics very clear. Top and roof line look identical.
    You and Mastersbilt know what's happening!! There was a deal made. Let's just see if other Rockets run as good as Josh's!!

I don't know really know if there was a deal or not, the cars do look and act a lot alike.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I don't know really know if there was a deal or not, the cars do look and act a lot alike.
    What's the old saying?? If it acts like a duck, lucks like a duck??

All I ever read on here is Dumley is the second coming of Jesus and the smartest man on the planet. I hope all of you that believe that are living in trailers way back in the woods somewhere and not around normal people to pollute the gene pool. Rocket has been building WINNING race cars for years and years and years. If you believe that Dumley is the only person that can build a race car you are simply a fool... Take away their driver and they are back to being an average race team.
    Last edited by oldfart50; 02-06-2016 at 10:56 PM.

It's probably a Mud Duck