Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Never been to this track. Does the track get hard and rubber up or hold moisture? I agree with barbecue that 4b could stir things up a little especially if the track takes rubber!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Not many crown jewels Moyer hasn't won. Maybe he will get this one.
    It will be an incredible feat to pull off, as the field will be pretty stacked. Maybe he will get a good draw and have one last big run in him.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    2012...he won consi #2 and ended up 21st in A-main. Him, his son, and Babb have balked in years past at any track which does passing points, which Florence Speedway does.
    Yeah.... That's why baby was at I-80 this year right?

I think it has more to do with the track

Add Jason Feger

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    2012...he won consi #2 and ended up 21st in A-main. Him, his son, and Babb have balked in years past at any track which does passing points, which Florence Speedway does.
    I guarantee there will be whining from the Moyer camp about having to pass somebody and being too entertaining for the fans that he has made his living off of.

Hello all been a few since I've been to Florence. Looks like most reserved seats are sold out on front stretch side. Is there places to set up chairs anywhere or do you have to sit in a grandstand. And help would be nice. And also are you allowed to take beer in with no cooler or how does that work I just seen it says no coolers. Thanks

Mason Zeigler per facebook
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Centeroff---- Usually the track gets to looking like black ice and that is when the racing starts to happen as they fan out and run all over the track.

Checkered ---- i think they let u bring in a bottle of water and that is it but moon shine in usually makes its way in.. Beer is actually pretty reasonable at they sell like 5 or 6 and a bag of ice to keep them cold
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Quote Originally Posted by rc24 View Post
    Centeroff---- Usually the track gets to looking like black ice and that is when the racing starts to happen as they fan out and run all over the track.

Checkered ---- i think they let u bring in a bottle of water and that is it but moon shine in usually makes its way in.. Beer is actually pretty reasonable at they sell like 5 or 6 and a bag of ice to keep them cold
    Actually the black ice has been gone for a few years now. They do a much better job of getting moisture into the track and it doesn't get nearly as slick as it used to. They've added some new prep equipment that has made the racing much better.

just seems like when the track slows down the racing is really good here. I loved the format change too. Really fun watching the heats.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Track seems to be consistently hard, and dryslick with little or no cushion. Add the word dusty this season. Doesn't seem to take rubber as much, maybe since the moisture content in the track is less than the last two years. Don't know if they will stick to the same track prep for these big races or not.

Anybody know if these races will be streamed? Maybe dirtondirt?

Duane Chamberlain Racing

26 mins ·

I hate to announce this but we will not be racing this weekend at Florence (Doctors request) I apologize to my fans who was looking forward to this race.

Add Devin Gilpin

is the reason it doesn't get black slick as bad is because of the construction they did few years back? did they had dirt?

Hate it that Chamberlain is not gonna be there.

The track will be the usual black slick, we are getting some rain around the area but nothing to worry about.

They usually water the top lane and that makes some good racing until that groove gets used up, and then they start to fan out all over the track. It will be black top to bottom for the NS, not sure about the Latham, probably be close.

Just say no...

Nice article on Josh Rice at Dirt on Dirt. Quite a talented young man IMO. Needs to be racing

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Nice article on Josh Rice at Dirt on Dirt. Quite a talented young man IMO. Needs to be racing
    Wasn't that same car raced the week before at Florence with James in it?

ADD Chris Combs
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    Wasn't that same car raced the week before at Florence with James in it?
    James raced one of his dad's old cars at Florence last month. Josh raced with the same old car a week later and won the feature at Florence with it. The car Josh is back in is one of the Kuzman owned cars.