Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I chalk that up as one of those bad times to be leading and a good time to be running 2nd, with only a few to go Bobby was scared to make the wrong lane choice, which he did...

I never heard Bobby say in an interview or anywhere online that his dad didn't move him up. I did hear him say he thought about going around the lap car on the top but thought better of it. I'm thinking the OP just wanted to stir the ___pot!!! Even if he did say it, so what? He surely wouldn't be the first one to say something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I never heard Bobby say in an interview or anywhere online that his dad didn't move him up. I did hear him say he thought about going around the lap car on the top but thought better of it. I'm thinking the OP just wanted to stir the ___pot!!! Even if he did say it, so what? He surely wouldn't be the first one to say something about it.
    It's in the DOD recap: Terbo clearly states he watched Bob tell Bobby " move up top if you want too", then Bobby says he's mad at his dad for not moving him up top..... I'm a Bobby fan, but he messed up on this one. The O.P. was 100% right on this one.

I don't see anything about "dad" in this summary. Erb said he just kept trying the high side. And Bobby's lane was blocked by a lap car when he got by.https://www.dirtondirt.com/racewire.php?id=4342

Barry Seal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    I chalk that up as one of those bad times to be leading and a good time to be running 2nd, with only a few to go Bobby was scared to make the wrong lane choice, which he did...
    Why can’t you say he (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed up? Oh yeah you know better wether his nuts are on your chin or shaved

Bobby says the comment on the dod video recap of the race

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    LMAO come on easy now. The DLMHOF is not really a measuring stick when they put just about any DLM driver with a long career and some wins in it like Bill Frye.
    And guys with very little career like Brightbill as well.

Man it's going to be a long year...………..

B.S., such fitting initials for you lol, that's kinda what I've said a few times...

Yes Bobby did say he doesn't know why his dad did not move him up and yes Terbo did say he saw Bob tell Bobby to move up if he wants to. It looks like Bobby decided not to and it cost him the race. Onto the next race already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    With Brigthbill, I have to think his modified accomplishments play into his induction, even though they really shouldn't.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Barry Seal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    Brightbill is a stand up guy, Bobby not so much.

There are only a few that obsessively fill it with ingredients then sit around and wait for the pot to boil.....then they get upset when it's stirred? Strange behavior.

I thought the race was pretty good, just wish babb would have been more of a factor.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    It's in the DOD recap: Terbo clearly states he watched Bob tell Bobby " move up top if you want too", then Bobby says he's mad at his dad for not moving him up top..... I'm a Bobby fan, but he messed up on this one. The O.P. was 100% right on this one.
    Didn't look like Bobby messed up as much as Tyler was just better Sunday.

Is that ok to say without causing a ruckus?

Yep, that's very fair. And to be clear, I like watching Bobby drive, the fan part, HATE all the nonsense that comes in the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Yep, that's very fair. And to be clear, I like watching Bobby drive, the fan part, HATE all the nonsense that comes in the aftermath.
    So wait, there are two of us now?? Maybe even more???

It can't be, that's not allowed.....but I'm kinda smiling on the inside knowing there's a chance it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    There are only a few that obsessively fill it with ingredients then sit around and wait for the pot to boil.....then they get upset when it's stirred? Strange behavior.

I thought the race was pretty good, just wish babb would have been more of a factor.
    I get it. I'm a fan of Bobby but some of the comments posted on here by his so called fans are ridiculous. I'm sure even Bobby would be like wtf if he read them. Yes, I was hoping Babb would have a better showing also.

I'll have to watch the dod recap because he surely didn't say anything like that in his interview after the race. I wasn't aware dod did more than one interview with the drivers so I didn't bother watching it. I thought he handled himself well in the interview on the broadcast tho.

I still scratching my head at what the motion could be that Bob gave Bobby that meant "if you want to". lol I've raced a long time and seen alot of signals, but I'm not sure what the
    "if you want to" signal is.

I get it. I'm a fan of Bobby but some of the comments posted on here by his so called fans are ridiculous. I'm sure even Bobby would be like wtf if he read them. Yes, I was hoping Babb would have a better showing also.

I'll have to watch the dod recap because he surely didn't say anything like that in his interview after the race. I wasn't aware dod did more than one interview with the drivers so I didn't bother watching it. I thought he handled himself well in the interview on the broadcast tho.

I still scratching my head at what the motion could be that Bob gave Bobby that meant "if you want to". lol I've raced a long time and seen alot of signals, but I'm not sure what the
    "if you want to" signal is.
    I was wondering the same thing about the " if you want to " signal?......and btw, you just made a few folks throw up in their mouths with what you just posted.

Thanks for validating the fact that despite the denial by the posses ,others have the same opinion as I do sometimes about it.

I'm guessing this would be classified as " shutting someone down" lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about the " if you want to " signal?......and btw, you just made a few folks throw up in their mouths with what you just posted.

Thanks for validating the fact that despite the denial by the posses ,others have the same opinion as I do sometimes about it.

I'm guessing this would be classified as " shutting someone down" lmao.
    lol, well, it isn't hard to upset someone in the world we live in today.

I went and watched the recap on dod and it is different, Suave didn't do the interview I seen. Bobby did say he was a little mad at his dad for not moving him up, but then said he was mostly mad at himself, which the OP forgot to mention.

Cool to see him accept the responsibility........he's growing up.