Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default @Foxfire

The same threat was made to a track around here, but when the tracks out east started opening up and nothing happened to em, it became apparent that nobody was actually enforcing the governor's orders the track opened anyways and nothing happened.

In Eldora's case, they are the highest profile dirt track in the nation by an extremely wide margin. That complicates things because any elected official on a power trip would love to make an example out of them.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Didn't someone take pictures at Oakshade and turn them in?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Remember when Earl got busted by the county for the 50/50 drawing?
    At the time the 50/50 was considered gambling & Ohio laws didn’t allow gambling & liquor license at the same establishment. Lots of people were ill as a hornet because the 50/50 money was confiscated!

It can be done- but it’s difficult to beat those making the laws & carrying a badge & gun.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Tony needs to stop being the biggest wussbag on the planet and tell the government to go screw themselves like the other tracks have done. We do have protected freedoms that even the government cannot take away.
    You should open a track and try that and see how it works for you.

You people give up your freedom way too easily. That's why the Dems and RINOs just keep taking more and more of them. It doesn't make any sense at all celebrating your oppression like you are when there's absolutely no reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Didn't someone take pictures at Oakshade and turn them in?
    Snitches get stitches.

You people give up your freedom way too easily. .
    What do you propose everyone to do?
    2021 race count
    6 events

We are not giving up our freedoms. If the sporting venues are not open for us to attend- are we suppose to break the fences down, burn the control tower & concession stands because the owners didn’t meet our wants/desires?
    Maybe Gear head can force his way into a track -charge admission for fans, let the spectators race their daily drivers and invite DOD or dirtvision to broadcast on pay per view! Heck, he might even make the nightly news on tv if he would carry a sign stating how his rights are being violated because a track owner chooses not to race at a given time.

Gearhead. it's a privilege to have a liquor license. He has to apply for local then state then federal to get approved. If he gets a felony or gets in trouble he can lose the license also. In illinios they do a x amount aka limit of licenses. Not everyone can get it so they can take it away to or suspend it.

I hope we get the show in but if not i have a backup plan. The Indiana Midget week starts June 3rd and runs thru the 12th. Thought i might offer that up if people have scheduled vacation and need to salvage it somehow with some great racing.

I know this is a World 100 thread but i thought i would throw that out there

Post 30....its a great revenue stream served by the drink like that, that's what most don't think about.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Eldora sells beer for $2 per can. Cheapest track beer in the United States I would think. With that being said: that’s $12 per six pack. Budweiser is a track sponsor & Eldora buys it by the truckload. I wouldn’t have a clue what it cost the track per can- only that they make a poop load of money off alcohol sales.
    No way they can jeopardize what plays a big percentage in paying the bills by going against the authorities. Liquor by the drink is big dollars also at their bar.
    The sad thing is with Eldora being shut down -it hits the local/regional economy in that area hard for the big 3 annual races.

Tony is in a position that he needs to protect his own ASS.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Gearhead. it's a privilege to have a liquor license. He has to apply for local then state then federal to get approved. If he gets a felony or gets in trouble he can lose the license also. In illinios they do a x amount aka limit of licenses. Not everyone can get it so they can take it away to or suspend it.
    It's still a better business decision to allow fans and make money off of tickets and food than to just never allow fans ever again, wouldn't you agree? Let people bring their own beer in. These states have no intention on allowing fans again, hence the "new virus strain" scam to keep people under their control. This BS all needs to end now, but as long as people keep empowering these Nazi tyrants it will never end.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 02-03-2021 at 09:13 AM.

And Again cant carry in beer to the track. They used to before Tony bought it as Earl was grandfathered claused in but OHIO state law doesnt allow it. He makes alot of $ on beer and liquor sales to chance it on losing it or getting them suspended. Trust me in know so well as i run a business and my business is doing ok but my family business is struggling to stay open. For me kills me that all the trade shows has been canceled going on a year now and thats were i meet new clients and customers.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    And Again cant carry in beer to the track. They used to before Tony bought it as Earl was grandfathered claused in but OHIO state law doesnt allow it. He makes alot of $ on beer and liquor sales to chance it on losing it or getting them suspended. Trust me in know so well as i run a business and my business is doing ok but my family business is struggling to stay open. For me kills me that all the trade shows has been canceled going on a year now and thats were i meet new clients and customers.
    Then people can't drink inside the facility. It's not that difficult. It's either stop allowing alcohol inside the track or never allow fans inside again. It sounds like those are the only 2 options. Fans without alcohol is better business than no fans ever again!

It's still a better business decision to allow fans and make money off of tickets and food than to just never allow fans ever again, wouldn't you agree? Let people bring their own beer in. These states have no intention on allowing fans again, hence the "new virus strain" scam to keep people under their control. This BS all needs to end now, but as long as people keep empowering these Nazi tyrants it will never end.
    Turn the news off. Go take a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Turn the news off. Go take a walk.
    I don't watch the news. And it's too cold to walk outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    In Eldora's case, they are the highest profile dirt track in the nation by an extremely wide margin.
    Extremely wide margin? Hmmm. It's safe to say there are some folks out in Marion County Iowa who, beyond a doubt, have a bit more credibility that might present a case that legitimately refutes that little pearl of wisdom.