Thread: Nathan Durboraw

Default Nathan Durboraw

You guys see that Nathan passed at the age of 63 from lung cancer? Guy in the Mid Atlantic region was tough. Always remember him in the Raye Vest car and the 41. RIP Nathan.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

RIP. Prayers to his family.

Back when Hagerstown had a big late model show about every month of their schedule I'd make the trip 5-6 times a year. Always thought the competition in that area was some of the best around. Got to see many battles between Nathan, Rodney Franklin, and much younger versions of Rick Eckert and Gary Stuhler. I still enjoy an occasional trip east but the big late model shows have slowly dwindled away. Good memories

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Back when Hagerstown had a big late model show about every month of their schedule I'd make the trip 5-6 times a year. Always thought the competition in that area was some of the best around. Got to see many battles between Nathan, Rodney Franklin, and much younger versions of Rick Eckert and Gary Stuhler. I still enjoy an occasional trip east but the big late model shows have slowly dwindled away. Good memories
    Yep. Hagerstown was definitely at the top. Just slowly dwindled. Was there once in about 96 for the Connochegue 100. Stuhler, Winters, Eckert, Franklin, tough crowd, Jeremy Miller I believe. Nice bleachers. Good place.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

RIP Nathan. A great guy who loved racing and was a da mn good driver. There's a great write up on Dirtondirt about him now..
    Last edited by CrankedUp90; 11-26-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrankedUp90 View Post
    RIP Nathan. A great guy who loved racing and was a da mn good driver. There's a great write up on Dirtondirt now about him now..
    Absolutely, that was a great write up.