Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Add compression to the LR

Compression is maxed out and gas is at 125 psi.

I also had a suggestion that not enough rod force could be the culprit with us not having a front shock. What kind of numbers would we need to look at on rod force?

Yeah, compression will do nothing for you on starts.

Only load (spring and rod force). And anti squat (bar angle) can bail you out.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by missile07 View Post
    Just another update...We have ran 3 nights so far this year. 4th, 3rd, & a 2nd. Should have won all 3 nights but due to our continuing issue the car is so so lazy on restarts & will not climb the bars until the first turn. We can run the 125 spring but it throws our decking and ride height too high for tech to be able to have our extended load at 200. I have had several ppl message me about putting a bump stop and packers on and try that route. So I think we may try the triple stack (42 lbs) at 18.25" with 720 lbs including the bumps & packers.
    Run a preloader with the single spring

This 4 page post absolutely makes me laugh. Not meaning to be rude......but

You have found the problem with the shock, because putting another one on has fixed it with all else being the same but the shock. But you continue to look for a needle and a haystack and spend money, and time and you will never find anything you think that you are looking for.
    Its the dang shock. SMH. Jesus.
    throw the one away that you have had repaired and run the darn Integra.
    Problem solved!
    If you need to lower the deck height on the LR lower it and go win!
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Another private message asked if we had an adjustable shock mount on the frame for the LR shock and we do. He asked why couldn't we just raise the mount upwards with the 125 spring in to allow the ride height to lower but keep the same spring load at ride height?

Masters-Could pre-load or not enough pre-load in the 5th coil spring have any effect on the anti-squat?

I agree at ride height our LR bar angles are low but they are where they have always been on the frame and cage. We do have 1 more hole we can go up on the bottom bar and top bar.

Another private message asked if we had an adjustable shock mount on the frame for the LR shock and we do. He asked why couldn't we just raise the mount upwards with the 125 spring in to allow the ride height to lower but keep the same spring load at ride height?

Masters-Could pre-load or not enough pre-load in the 5th coil spring have any effect on the anti-squat?

I agree at ride height our LR bar angles are low but they are where they have always been on the frame and cage. We do have 1 more hole we can go up on the bottom bar and top bar.
    5th coil location, rate, and preload has some effect, yes. It tends to have as much effect on the rr as the lr.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    This 4 page post absolutely makes me laugh. Not meaning to be rude......butYou have found the problem with the shock, because putting another one on has fixed it with all else being the same but the shock. But you continue to look for a needle and a haystack and spend money, and time and you will never find anything you think that you are looking for. Its the dang shock. SMH. Jesus.throw the one away that you have had repaired and run the darn Integra.Problem solved! If you need to lower the deck height on the LR lower it and go win!
    From the sounds of it he doesn't have a problem with either shock. He has a problem with ride hieght load. He has switched the shocks and the shock in question works fine with the standard spring

Yep. Shock was ruled out.

Just would like to know why what we had when we bought the car won't work now. I assure you that we would love to spend the money elsewhere and quit focusing on it because it has consumed us over the last few months. I criticized the driver for several nights for sleeping on the starts and getting behind and having to make it up. Then we were at a track where I was able to see that it wasn't lifting the left rear on starts and restarts and anytime he had to shut it down.

I've got it written down at the shop but I think the shock builder told us we needed to be at 200-240 lbs of rod force?

Yep. Shock was ruled out.

Just would like to know why what we had when we bought the car won't work now. I assure you that we would love to spend the money elsewhere and quit focusing on it because it has consumed us over the last few months. I criticized the driver for several nights for sleeping on the starts and getting behind and having to make it up. Then we were at a track where I was able to see that it wasn't lifting the left rear on starts and restarts and anytime he had to shut it down.

I've got it written down at the shop but I think the shock builder told us we needed to be at 200-240 lbs of rod force?
    ok i stand corrected, the issue is the coil over assembly, and or the stack, at whatever load is on it at ride height. are you at or below ride height now?
    Just because the chassis builder or shock builder says this or that, doesn't mean it is the golden rule for you, and what you are doing. there are too many variables to be a vanilla set up.
    Got to give the car what it needs and make it work for your driver. if that means tweaking on what someone's directions to make it better, i would certainly try something else.
    If it works with a single rate lr spring and the deck height is too high, lower the deck, or try putting a 100# spring in it and preload it to the load numbers

Its like you are trying the same thing that doesn't work, and wanting a different result because it used to work. but now it doesn't.

maybe the RF tire is larger than before, and that is making the LR set lower due to the increased size. jacking more weight in the LR and that extra 1º is messing up the whole deal.
    maybe the driver put on 5 pounds. or a new helmet blower, or something, and that is lowering the LR ride height just 1º on bar angle which effects the ability of the car to get up on its own.
    could be tight heims on the lr 4 link bars, or the RF upper and lower are a bit tight. all that will have the same effect.
    are your bar angles exactly the same now as they were before getting hit, or whatever all this started being an issue? ( I don't mean same bar location i means the exact same angle.)
    so many too many variables I can set and list them for an hour.
    fact of matter is the car is sitting too low at static height to do what it should, so change the height and go win.
    pretty simple really. We don't have to have an explanation for everything, just have to go and make what you have now work.
    or maybe I was taught or raised differently I dunno?
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Heres a thought. Put your old setup on the car inc tire sizes and put the car on scales. Then put your new setup and do the same. See if anythings different!