Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    I see no one answered my question, which is probably the answer to my question....

Ya know, a fork lift operator isn't worth anymore then 8 to 10 bucks an hour, so why would you pay anymore then that for one? (at one point in my life I was one) I have a friend of mine that makes close to 80K driving a forklift. Seriously? And were supposed to compete with other countries for market share?

Same difference for Wally World, they pay their employees what their worth. If you shop Wally World, and I do, there are a fair amount of the employees that are well over paid at minimum wage. And the ones carrying them are the ones being cheated. But thats life, ain't it...
    It would seem someone who can scan labels at the checkout is worth way more than that at Walmart.... So, I gotta ask, if a Forklift driver who could possibly destroy thousands of dollars of goods should they make a mistake is only worth $10 an hour, how much should a checker, who really can't do that much damage with one mistake, get paid?

$7? $6? Less? Seriously, what do you think someone who just runs a checkout is worth, in your opinion? Can't be much. No skill involved in passing a label over a scanner, taking a card or a check or cash and saying "Thanks for shopping at our Mart" is there? Not really. But apparently, according to another poster on here whom I would assume gathers on the same side of the political spectrum as you, Cashiers at Walmart are golden. Big bonus checks, $19 an hour, good health insurance, profit sharing, stock options, 401k, paid vacations, the works. The "Executive Cashier Renumeration Package." All that's missing is the golden parachute should the store go belly up, guaranteeing the cashier will never work again for life.

So. What do you make of that? Overpaid? Ridiculous waste of money? Should be gotten rid of and replaced with someone cheaper? Not worth the extravagant wage and benefit package?
    Last edited by t.nie; 12-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    http://nd.craigslist.org/search/apa?...Ask=&bedrooms=

some resources to help you pick out your new home... or you could get a shared room in a man camp, if that's all you can afford....
    can you say oil drill baby drill

When are you moving to North Dakota for a McDonalds job then? Pays good, you can live on it. Go ahead, give them a call up there in Fargo, or Minot. Look in the yellow pages under Restaurants, it's spelled McDonald's, just like the burger chain. They are waiting to hear from you right now, seein's how you need a job and all that. Get in your car tomorrow, keep us all posted on how that goes for ya. You could set a trend here in the St. Louis area for the unemployed, show them the way to get work and make something of themselves. Post pictures when you get settled in, would love to see you on the grill, or maybe handing food over at the counter. Great job. Good benefits. You're missing out if you don't make that call.
    why in the hell would do that .have 2 jobs right now and got called on another one today plus its to dang cold up there

When are you moving to North Dakota for a McDonalds job then? Pays good, you can live on it. Go ahead, give them a call up there in Fargo, or Minot. Look in the yellow pages under Restaurants, it's spelled McDonald's, just like the burger chain. They are waiting to hear from you right now, seein's how you need a job and all that. Get in your car tomorrow, keep us all posted on how that goes for ya. You could set a trend here in the St. Louis area for the unemployed, show them the way to get work and make something of themselves. Post pictures when you get settled in, would love to see you on the grill, or maybe handing food over at the counter. Great job. Good benefits. You're missing out if you don't make that call.
    drill baby drill

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    So your gonna tell me since it is a retail business even though they are making billions they can not pay more to better the lives of their own workers. Now that makes no sense.
    of course not its retail

We all get tired of your "head up your butt in darkness" foolishness too.

We aren't blinded by the light Duane. We see reality just fine. We just don't let people sell us bumper sticker slogans and Faux News spin, tea party nonsense or any other fine right wing creation of the imagination.

We have plenty of historical fact to look at when it comes time to make comparisons. We tried it the Republican way, a few hit the gold mine while the nation got the shaft. Thanks, but no thanks.
    When you say "WE" we are assuming that you mean yourself and that load of crap in your shorts!! lol

And I thought we had goosesteppers in the white house? You got em' beat!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 12-04-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Default why I go to walmart

because I can buy my stuff all in one place

Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

who can you believe

Fact over Fiction

more like ripleys believe it or not

Which was pure fiction

Looks like the GOP wants to try to figure out a way to out Santa Clause B-Rock....Ain't gonna happen. Not sure who's side John Boehner(sp) is on but we'll see.

The part that pee's me off is if they just cleaned up the fraud, waste and abuse, the rest of this debate would be moot.

So whats your point t.nie? Folks in ND that own property ain't supposed to make a few bucks when they can? They've been slavin for years so you can eat and now they get to make a little real money and you chastise them. Typical stupid lib....

I'll tell ya something else, if I needed a job, I'd already be gone. But I haven't had to lay me off yet, as a matter of fact, I may give me a little Christmas bonus.

Duane
    Last edited by mudslinger47; 12-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Looks like the GOP wants to try to figure out a way to out Santa Clause B-Rock....Ain't gonna happen. Not sure who's side John Boehner(sp) is on but we'll see.

The part that pee's me off is if they just cleaned up the fraud, waste and abuse, the rest of this debate would be moot.

So whats your point t.nie? Folks in ND that own property ain't supposed to make a few bucks when they can? They've been slavin for years so you can eat and now they get to make a little real money and you chastise them. Typical stupid lib....

I'll tell ya something else, if I needed a job, I'd already be gone. But I haven't had to lay me off yet, as a matter of fact, I may give me a little Christmas bonus.

Duane
    "typical stupid lib"??

Really? Sorry buddy, but it takes a real dumbarse to completely miss the point. My point was, to Lite Inn, that $15 an hour in ND won't pay the rent. Not that there was any problem with the cost of rent in ND.

Figure it out Duane, instead of just trying to invent another reason to call someone way smarter than you stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    When you say "WE" we are assuming that you mean yourself and that load of crap in your shorts!! lol

And I thought we had goosesteppers in the white house? You got em' beat!
    Yeah, back to the calling people commies again. That's your usual default position when you really don't have anything to add. By the way, it also means you lose the argument. I think GB reruns are on, perhaps you would better use your time learning more at GBU than posting on here? Maybe he could give you some more conspiracies to post, some more "boogey man gonna gitcha!!" news?

Yeah, back to the calling people commies again. That's your usual default position when you really don't have anything to add. By the way, it also means you lose the argument. I think GB reruns are on, perhaps you would better use your time learning more at GBU than posting on here? Maybe he could give you some more conspiracies to post, some more "boogey man gonna gitcha!!" news?

Yep that's cl for yeah always resorts to calling people commies. I agree he needs to go back and listen to more of the tin foil man.

Duane
    Wow Mud the economy must be picking up just like they are saying.