Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

and Big Blue Nation moves on to play ND.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    and Big Blue Nation moves on to play ND.
    Yep, and there will be a lotta' people pullin' for UK that normally would enjoy seeing them lose. ND brings that out in people.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Yep, and there will be a lotta' people pullin' for UK that normally would enjoy seeing them lose. ND brings that out in people.
    Not necessarily so in a Catholic majority area. Them mackerel snappers stick together.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Not necessarily so in a Catholic majority area. Them mackerel snappers stick together.
    No doubt about that HH, they do stick together. I'm from an area that is predominantly of Eastern European Catholic descent along with a fairly large contingent of Irish Catholics and they love their Notre Dame, for sure. Chitcago, which is too close, is a very large hotbed of alumni and subway alumni (the worst kind, even though 99% of them couldn't get into ND and couldn't afford to go there even if they were accepted along with the fact that the real ND alumni wouldn't piss in their mouths if their tongue was on fire).

Most of them believe everything ND does is personally ordained by God Himself and the athletic dept., coaches and players can do no wrong, no matter what, which has been proven wrong many, many times.

However, I've discovered in my travels around the good 'Ol U.S. of A. that there are many more people around the country that actively pull for whoever is playing ND. Given what I've heard of the Kentucky faithful, and this is from an uninterested bystander, the two fan factions are definitely made for each other. LOL!!

Chitcago, which is too close, is a very large hotbed of alumni and subway alumni (the worst kind, even though 99% of them couldn't get into ND and couldn't afford to go there even if they were accepted along with the fact that the real ND alumni wouldn't piss in their mouths if their tongue was on fire).
    Got a good laugh there Cirf.
    8/13/16

high side, need to know your lawyers name.I feel a law suit coming your way for being racist about us catholics. I need to buy a new race car/

Quote Originally Posted by fruit loop View Post
    high side, need to know your lawyers name.I feel a law suit coming your way for being racist about us catholics. I need to buy a new race car/
    Bring it on Toucan SamI was baptized a Catholic 50 years ago. Just statin some facts here
    8/13/16

No doubt about that HH, they do stick together. I'm from an area that is predominantly of Eastern European Catholic descent along with a fairly large contingent of Irish Catholics and they love their Notre Dame, for sure. Chitcago, which is too close, is a very large hotbed of alumni and subway alumni (the worst kind, even though 99% of them couldn't get into ND and couldn't afford to go there even if they were accepted along with the fact that the real ND alumni wouldn't piss in their mouths if their tongue was on fire)
    Not True! My son is a real Notre Dame alumnus....he uses a squirt gun.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Not True! My son is a real Notre Dame alumnus....he uses a squirt gun.
    I sincerely apologize MUD, I stand humbly corrected in deference to a genuine ND alumna!! LOL!!!

what happened to the Spring 50 thread..... basket ball blows......... Dirt Racin is what its all about!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racerx99 View Post
    what happened to the Spring 50 thread..... basket ball blows......... Dirt Racin is what its all about!!!!
    Postponed till April 4th. Basketball is still on
    8/13/16

I think it's been turned into a basketball thread.

Here's a link to another thread:

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?341...55-000-weekend

Hard to talk about racing when there isn't any going on.

At least it's not 2 or 3 people arguing over something that doesn't matter to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    yes, I know what you mean. if it wasn't for being a Kentuckian, I sure wouldn't be a wildcats fan. calipari and the university are involved in things they shouldn't be, i'll just let it go at that.
    Everyone says that, and there's never any proof. In fact there aren't even accusations by anyone other than the haters.

By the way, nothing against you WV folks, but we all knew how that game was going to go, didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I just dont see why so many of these high profile recruits want to play there? Yea they have a heritage, but so do a lot of schools.
    There's not a basketball heritage in the country that can compete with that of Kentucky. UCLA had one good stretch with Wooden and then disappeared again. Kansas, UNC and Duke are always tough, but they don't have the history UK has.

As far as others talking about us being "taken care of" by the NCAA, you should probably dig a little deeper. How do you think we got Rick Pitino back in the nineties? Because the NCAA gave us everything but the death penalty due to Sutton.

Anyhoo, I don't begrudge other folks cheering for other teams, I don't mind if you don't like the Cats, and if you still have a team in the tournament good luck to you. Hopefully you'll win the office pool.

Hopefully the games will be on before the racing starts and we can avert a disaster.
    Last edited by NormP; 03-29-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Everyone says that, and there's never any proof. In fact there aren't even accusations by anyone other than the haters.

By the way, nothing against you WV folks, but we all knew how that game was going to go, didn't we?
    How many schools has Calipari coached at that were not investigated for wrong doings?
    Don't get carpal tunnel typing all the schools

It's not that I dislike KU, it's all about the cheater.
    8/13/16

Hopefully the weather turns out GREAT for next Saturday night I can't wait!!! Should be a good show
    A member from back in the day....

There's not a basketball heritage in the country that can compete with that of Kentucky. UCLA had one good stretch with Wooden and then disappeared again. Kansas, UNC and Duke are always tough, but they don't have the history UK has.

As far as others talking about us being "taken care of" by the NCAA, you should probably dig a little deeper. How do you think we got Rick Pitino back in the nineties? Because the NCAA gave us everything but the death penalty due to Sutton.

Anyhoo, I don't begrudge other folks cheering for other teams, I don't mind if you don't like the Cats, and if you still have a team in the tournament good luck to you. Hopefully you'll win the office pool.

Hopefully the games will be on before the racing starts and we can avert a disaster.
    Norm, the point is, Kentucky SHOULD have gotten the death penalty. What went on while Hall & Sutton were there was equal or worse than what got SMU the death penalty! Joe Hall left KU under a shroud of controversy and it was found that there was a culture of cheating in the form of cash payments to basketball players and KU allowed them to sell their free season tickets and being paid for public appearances.

31 of 33 former KU players that were interviewed by the NCAA swore to having received and knew of outright payments to players in the form of repeated $100 handshakes and regular $500 payments from various boosters and friends of the basketball program at KU. He!!, Hall's lawyer, some shyster by the name of Dunn, actually bought season tickets from Jay Shidler for $4000 over the course of 3 years for his season tickets. Some of Hall's victories were vacated because of what was going on.

I'm not all that versed on what Sutton did but it's been documented that what Sutton did was at least as bad as what Hall had gotten away with. Sutton resigned and KU got no TV and no post season play. That was a slap on the wrist in relation to what had actually been going on.

Jerry Tarkanian summed it up pretty well when he said this about the NCAA coddling KU: "they're going to find them guilty and then give Cleveland State three more years of probation." Tark was good for a good chuckle but he was pretty much right.

Saying KU hasn't been coddled by the NCAA over the years is mile long stretch!!

To say that UCLA's basketball pedigree isn't a match for KU is a head scratcher, too. 11 national championships total, 10 in 13 years and 7 in a row for John Wooden's Bruins and they were never on probation while Wooden was there. How many does KU have? 8 is it, and soon to have 9? Hmmmm!

One last thing Norm. I'm pulling for KU to win the national championship!! I want KU to win it to shut the Indiana fans up that chirp about how Bobby the Knught went undefeated in '76.

So, GO BLUE! LOL!!

Sorry so long but there is a lot of material to cover when it comes to KU basketball cheatin'.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-29-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Ill always see UCLA as the #1 powerhouse as far as college basketball programs just because of the Wooden years, they been down for a few years now, it wasnt long ago UK was in the same boat. don't have a favorite team, never have had. I got teams I root for and ones I don't. I personally root against UK because of all the band wagon fans. Some UK fans can almost be as annoying as the drunken Bloomquist fan.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 03-29-2015 at 02:01 PM.

There are several things that makes UK the greatest program, first team to 2000 victories, most victories of any school ever, over 40 regular season conference championships, etc. UCLA had the Wooden years for 12-15 years and has been a mid level school for the 45 or so years since then (and the time before Wooden).
    Schools like Kentucky, UNC, Duke, etc., are better schools than UCLA because they are consistently good across several decades, not just one period of time in the 60s and early 70s.

I'm glad you're rooting for my Cats CIRF, you picked a good one to cheer for this year, but call them UK (University of Kentucky), not KU (Kansas University) haha! The jayhawks fans lay claim to KU.