Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    They were cheating with the motors and then yes they started using shocks the supers were using and it got quite expensive to keep up with and be competitive. My brother decided it wasn't worth it with all the cheating and all the light weight expensive parts to win 400.00
    Reminded me of this.

We won quite a few races and a series championship with straight from the factory sealed engines back in the 2010-2012 timeframe. We had great cars, nothing like the cars of today but those who say you had to 'cheat' from the start are wrong, train may have come off the tracks since but it worked somewhat to begin with.

good one i like racing , it defiantly is despicable ......

Crates started right. It was a cost effective way to get into late model racing. Technology has pushed the prices of a crate car thru the roof. #1, and I love the look of today's SLM, get rid of the bodies. The dished sides and interiors. Put them all on a shock that advance or Napa has on there shelves. Fastrack, Rush, go buy 100 holly 600 carbs. It takes no time to swap a carb. Seal them and Turn them back in at the end of the night. If a seal is tampered with, O well you lose.
    I have seen guys, and I'm sure everyone has, come into the pits with a new stacker, 2 new xr-1s or longhorns at the disposal. It's unfortunate you can't easily check for a lite weight crank. The time it would take to do that you would be at the track till sunrise. I'd love to see the guy with the old rayburn just dust all the donkies with there check book race car get pounded. See simple. The next word is stupid. Neither rush or fastrack or nesmith have the lug nutz to do it. They can't get people in the stands as it is. Not one of them can make it as a stand alone show. I've been to Screven many times, the pits are full and you can count the people in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by i like racing View Post
    Reminded me of this.

Now that's funny, good one I like racing!!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    We won quite a few races and a series championship with straight from the factory sealed engines back in the 2010-2012 timeframe. We had great cars, nothing like the cars of today but those who say you had to 'cheat' from the start are wrong, train may have come off the tracks since but it worked somewhat to begin with.
    No your right back then there were probably more that wasn't cheating then were but, it was going on none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    trust me, i know for a fact there was cheating from the very start, i will not say names but a very well known racer that helped start it never had a legal motor
    cj????

Was it Jp?

Better than buying a $50K bass boat to catch a 15 cent bluegill.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    Better than buying a $50K bass boat to catch a 15 cent bluegill.
    I dunno, a XR1 or Longhorn ready to go with a Durham or Clements or Cornett, I’m venturing is $90k, to win $2-$10k. Hobbies, expensive hobbies.

My Dad quit racing, and switched to Walleye and Perch fishing on Lake Erie. So the correlation I fully understand. Less work and dedication fishing. And more relaxing. Still cheaper.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by clayton_wetter View Post
    cj????
    rjrjrj........

Ding-Ding-Ding do I hear a bell !

"Better than buying a $50K bass boat to catch a 15 cent bluegill. "

LOL! Or buying a bass boat with a 250 hp 4 stroke so you can get to the secret hole faster to catch no fish.

Same deal with 525 crates!!!! FUEL series lets you “update to aftermarket rods,pistons,and oil pump by their approved engine builder only???? LOL Bet GM does not call this package a “GM” crate motor. Then Durance Lane requires real “GM” parts, which is the best way if it’s a cheap crate class? Everyone tries to have rules to tie cars to them, which ends up penalizing fans due to low car counts

"The Crate Late Model class seems to have more DQ's than the other classes."

The cause is the same as it is in any form of racing …. seeking an ADVANTAGE. In crate racing, tech might be a bit more closely monitored and those trying to bend the rules in the crate class might not be as proficient at bending as those in other areas of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by JM15 View Post
    rjrjrj........
    Okay, I got you. Yes I'll go along with that.....

I've only seen one crate race in person...that was at Seymour, WI about six years ago.

There was a fastrak deal up hear for a few years...died off. Then Seymour tried to give the guys another shot.

The Sunday I was there 8 cars showed up. Ran two heats of four cars.

The main was a joke..one car blew past everyone on the first lap and won by a mile.

I thought they were all supposed to have the same power? Guess not.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I've only seen one crate race in person...that was at Seymour, WI about six years ago.There was a fastrak deal up hear for a few years...died off. Then Seymour tried to give the guys another shot.The Sunday I was there 8 cars showed up. Ran two heats of four cars.The main was a joke..one car blew past everyone on the first lap and won by a mile.I thought they were all supposed to have the same power? Guess not.
    I thought same thing on the power deal, but the crate was a good idea till it was ok to open em up

There's nothing you can do about it. People will always cheat. Smart people and big spenders will always find a way around it. Rules never helped anything or ever made racing cheaper.

Also, how are you supposed to get an advantage if everyone has the same thing and you can't tamper with the engine??