Default Dually and a Box Trailer....

Drives me nuts when these announcers act like anybody that shows up not in a toter/stacker that they are underdog peons. A nice new dually and "box" trailer can run you $125K easy these days, not exactly roughing it.

Agreed. It's beyond silly. Somehow TMac became a scrub a few years ago because he wouldn't get his CDL.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

That's all Larson/Rumley used all of last year.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Drives me nuts when these announcers act like anybody that shows up not in a toter/stacker that they are underdog peons. A nice new dually and "box" trailer can run you $125K easy these days, not exactly roughing it.
    Theye'd a gone Ga Ga over seeing Chub Frank parked in between the best of toter homes with a 400,000 mile Suburban station wagon and an open trailer with only a hand full of spare wheels and tires and he still ends up winning the main event ! ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 02-07-2022 at 11:34 PM.

No one tonight said anything about an underdog peons as you call them. Jerry Rice (Josh's dad) wanted me to tell everyone thanks to a couple of sponsors for helping them get to Florida to race after their toter blew a head gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Theye'd a gone Ga Ga over seeing Chub Frank parked in between the best of toter homes with a 400,000 mile Suburban station wagon and an open trailer with only a hand full of spare wheels and tires and he still ends up winning the main event ! ! !
    Saw it more than once. Pretty cool to see folks with less resources do well. I miss those days sometimes.

It's nice to see someone jump in and help out a racer when something unexpected happens.
    Last edited by dirtcrazy4u; 02-08-2022 at 05:05 AM.

I guess saying they are a scrub, is the wrong word. It's acting like they overcame some great struggle of financial hardship or an extra hurdle. It was nice to give Starett and the other guy a plug, but it did seem to me you ended it with the hardship tone James.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It wasn't just last night, and it's not just James. Announcers across all series say it. More often than not though there seems to be an insinuation that if the team doesn't have a full size toter rig that they are somehow in a lower pool of expectations. Like when McCreadie won at Eldora, everybody was shocked that "the guy with the dually and box trailer (about a 40-footer probably) won!" Which he actually flipped well into some marketing and sold a lot of shirts with that "rig" on it on. But nobody ever talks about the guys with the big rigs that run like junk. Ha, you never an announcer say "John Smith is debuting a shiny new hauler this weekend, from the looks of their qualifying time they should have bought a couple new engines and a smaller trailer instead".

It wasn't just last night, and it's not just James. Announcers across all series say it. More often than not though there seems to be an insinuation that if the team doesn't have a full size toter rig that they are somehow in a lower pool of expectations. Like when McCreadie won at Eldora, everybody was shocked that "the guy with the dually and box trailer (about a 40-footer probably) won!" Which he actually flipped well into some marketing and sold a lot of shirts with that "rig" on it on. But nobody ever talks about the guys with the big rigs that run like junk. Ha, you never an announcer say "John Smith is debuting a shiny new hauler this weekend, from the looks of their qualifying time they should have bought a couple new engines and a smaller trailer instead".
    LOL I watched Tim Mcreadys famous dad "Barefoot Bob" pull into Hagerstown, MD for one of the big fall events with his modified on a rollback with the jack, a couple of tires, and a fuel jug. Guess what , He won ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That's all Larson/Rumley used all of last year.
    FYI Those Renegade RV's new go for over $300K

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    FYI Those Renegade RV's new go for over $300K
    all I know is you buy the stacker/toter, I'll buy the dually and box trailer, and we'll see who has money left over for the lap dances.
    8/13/16

I didn't know pigs could do lap dances. Cause the ones that do are pretty dang ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    LOL I watched Tim Mcreadys famous dad "Barefoot Bob" pull into Hagerstown, MD for one of the big fall events with his modified on a rollback with the jack, a couple of tires, and a fuel jug. Guess what , He won ! !
    Yes this is how barefoots crew would pull into the pits. I seen it many of times. He had a suburban and an open trailer also. His cars at times weren't pretty but they brought home the $. In the late 70s early 80s the toters were few among some higher dollar teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yes this is how barefoots crew would pull into the pits. I seen it many of times. He had a suburban and an open trailer also. His cars at times weren't pretty but they brought home the $. In the late 70s early 80s the toters were few among some higher dollar teams.
    yeah, Barefoot only had 1 man wth him on that day at Haggy. And then you would see a local that dont even travel pull in with 8 crew members in a brand new rig and they don't run worth a crap !
    Last edited by Raceready; 02-10-2022 at 05:06 AM.

The only reason they mention stuff like this is to get people talking... it appears to be working.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019