Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

But they made the shocks illegal. So basically he didn't drive up the expense up. Now if they deemed them legal. Yes he would have been for sure driving up the expense
    Last edited by Dirt Racing #1; 08-16-2015 at 03:24 PM.

The scorcher is in basically bloomer and owens backyard. Will be pretty impressive. If jd dominates that race.

Post Fyi

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    Saying Scott Bloomquist ever won 1 million dollars in a season proves to me that some of you need to go back to School.... Outside of Donnie Moran, it's never happened in 1 season.... I don't care how many races he raced and won... There's some Tennessee rednecks that failed in Math Class...
    I remember what he's talking about, they made a big deal out of it back then. What it was is that Scott had won $1 Million Dollars in purses up to that point just on the HAT tour, over multiple seasons. Barry and Scott were a potent combination. Pretty sure it was 1995. But "No" he didn't win a million in one season.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    I remember what he's talking about, they made a big deal out of it back then. What it was is that Scott had won $1 Million Dollars in purses up to that point just on the HAT tour, over multiple seasons. Barry and Scott were a potent combination. Pretty sure it was 1995. But "No" he didn't win a million in one season.
    That sounds more realistic. Everyone is going by the bloomer newsletter from 2005. It does state made 1 mil in one season. But I think it was a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post
    That sounds more realistic. Everyone is going by the bloomer newsletter from 2005. It does state made 1 mil in one season. But I think it was a typo.
    Maybe he was including his sponsorship dollars plus his winnings.
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

You can have the best chassis, the best motor, the best equipment, the best crew chief, the best of it all but if you have a piss poor driver none of it matters. The very first SLM race I ever saw, my eye was instantly drawn to Davenport. That was before he learned patience - if that's even the right word... he was pedal to the metal, never letting up, skinning the wall, no fear, wheelin' to win. That's when I became hooked on SLM racing. There are a lot of talented drivers out there. Thank goodness in this sport there are different guys on top year after year. The desire to be the best drives these guys to think outside the box, to be creative, to try anything and everything to be better, faster. That's what keeps it interesting. I've never been a big Bloomquist fan, but I respect him as a racer as well as a business man in this sport. He took his hobby, his passion and made a career and a life out of it so when he can no longer drive, he still has an income and is still involved in the sport. You can't hate him for that. He is one of the best, no doubt. I love EPJ and Jimmy O. They have both been on top and they have both had crappy years. It happens. JD has had a lot of wins in his career and he has seen his hard luck days. Right now, he is on top and I for one am loving it. You can say what you want, but the proof is in the paychecks. They may have figured something out in the set up, but that man can straight up drive the wheels off a race car. Straight up talented!
    ~Gentlemen, start your engines~

well said moonpie.....

Great post Moonpie! Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpieheaven View Post
    You can have the best chassis, the best motor, the best equipment, the best crew chief, the best of it all but if you have a piss poor driver none of it matters. The very first SLM race I ever saw, my eye was instantly drawn to Davenport. That was before he learned patience - if that's even the right word... he was pedal to the metal, never letting up, skinning the wall, no fear, wheelin' to win. That's when I became hooked on SLM racing. There are a lot of talented drivers out there. Thank goodness in this sport there are different guys on top year after year. The desire to be the best drives these guys to think outside the box, to be creative, to try anything and everything to be better, faster. That's what keeps it interesting. I've never been a big Bloomquist fan, but I respect him as a racer as well as a business man in this sport. He took his hobby, his passion and made a career and a life out of it so when he can no longer drive, he still has an income and is still involved in the sport. You can't hate him for that. He is one of the best, no doubt. I love EPJ and Jimmy O. They have both been on top and they have both had crappy years. It happens. JD has had a lot of wins in his career and he has seen his hard luck days. Right now, he is on top and I for one am loving it. You can say what you want, but the proof is in the paychecks. They may have figured something out in the set up, but that man can straight up drive the wheels off a race car. Straight up talented!

I think we both saw how wide open he was. He used to be checkers or wreckers. I think it was the Beaver Bail Bonds 75 car when I first saw him! I see you were back at the track this past weekend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doper View Post
    I guess JD is back to burning up tars again, must a found them there funny tars a his!!!!!!!
    Yep!....that goat pea cant keep up with that Leroy HP! lol
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Watch and see if JD doesn't win when he gets his roof back, you guys are looking everywhere but the obvious for the secret setup...

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsman08 View Post
    Watch and see if JD doesn't win when he gets his roof back, you guys are looking everywhere but the obvious for the secret setup...
    This makes me laugh. Someone called this last week. Why was everyone piled around the back of the car last week when they were changing tires then?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    This makes me laugh. Someone called this last week. Why was everyone piled around the back of the car last week when they were changing tires then?
    With this said let's see how many guys in the pits are checking out his lid for any secret buttons for the Cape..

Looks like JD forgot his cape at that topless. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    That old school device isn't necessarily the secret. The secret is what that device allows them to do that is the secret. The other stuff is what will take the other teams time to figure out. And it isn't expensive and it should not be outlawed. This is just a better way of skinning the cat plus it allows for a little more control of what is desired. Not really rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsman08 View Post
    What is the obvious secret setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post
    Looks like JD forgot his cape at that topless. Lol
    It was at the laundry mat.

He is good on tacky tracks. No doubt. Whole diff ball game when the track is dry slick.

Quote Originally Posted by deez lug nuts View Post
    What is the obvious secret setup?

Kevin's DOD interview explained what they were doing. They are doing it a different way. The way they are doing it allows them to do something else, either by accident or design. In my opinion the something else is key. Everyone is doing it but the way we have done it in the past does not allow you to control other things.

The million dollar question is whether Kevin thought this process through to allow the other things or if the other things were discovered after what Kevin talked about in the interview.

After the pics from NS100 were shown everybody knows what they are doing. It now catch up time. The 6 team is probably working on bigger and better things.

It's not a game changer but it helps. JD would have still won a lot of races without it. I think everyone should pat them on the back and try to get faster instead of whining.

It is like the car never sits down, the left side stays up all the way around and you are right on dry slick it will not work.