Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I honestly don't remember wheel issues the second time, but I didn't attend it. I did the first time.

No one could keep engines cool the first time either. That improved as well, from the best I can recall. Guys put larger radiators in their cars.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I never attended either, but I'm thinking it was the first year they had the dirt basically about halfway up on the concrete. That led to a lot of torn up metal.

My dad left it up to me, it was either go to the dream/million, or go to these races. I was still in high school at the time. We had to make up a bunch of snow days both years. I chose to go to the dream, and I wasn't missing the million the next year.

They took banking out both years (ran the dirt from the inside wall to the top, was the deepest where the apron meets the track). The first year wheels where a big problem, second year it was much better. Rain did a number on it one of the years; ask Mike Gault about the torn up race cars (funny thing is the car he wrecked was still racing in 2013)...

That's cool ....was the car still his in 13? If it was I'm sure I saw him race it a few times.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Real shame the Lucas guys are busy that weekend. Would be nice to see them work something out where all the big dogs could attend
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Real shame the Lucas guys are busy that weekend. Would be nice to see them work something out where all the big dogs could attend
    The dates are the 15th - 20th which is Monday thru Saturday, so the Super Late Model portion could be during the week with Sprints and other classes finishing off on the weekend. Hopefully that is the plan so the Lucas guys can be there.
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird73 View Post
    The dates are the 15th - 20th which is Monday thru Saturday, so the Super Late Model portion could be during the week with Sprints and other classes finishing off on the weekend. Hopefully that is the plan so the Lucas guys can be there.
    I thought that they said super lates were the headliner. I haven't heard anything about sprints. If the late model portion is during the week I guess I wouldn't make it anyway living 12 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That's cool ....was the car still his in 13? If it was I'm sure I saw him race it a few times.
    No, one of the crew guys bought it and fixed it back (it was as closed to a total loss as you can have) to run. He ran it at East Lincoln mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    They took banking out both years (ran the dirt from the inside wall to the top, was the deepest where the apron meets the track). The first year wheels where a big problem, second year it was much better. Rain did a number on it one of the years; ask Mike Gault about the torn up race cars (funny thing is the car he wrecked was still racing in 2013)...
    I absolutely remember that. Right at the flagstand. Totally trashed that SOB. I don’t believe he was hurt. But man was it bad.

I enjoyed it, was pretty good racing and an awesome facility.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Randy King Kong Korte flipped wildly coming out of turn 4 down the front stretch one year too. Can't remember which year it was. I wanna say it was the year with the rain delay. I mean, outside of Eldora, the feeling of being at Bristol with the late models was top 5 moments for me.

I agree, we ran terrible but I have pictures hanging in my house from both years (and only have maybe half a dozen total racing pictures hanging up).

IMCA mods, northern sport mods and stock cars will have an event there with entry limits.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    IMCA mods, northern sport mods and stock cars will have an event there with entry limits.
    IMCA Mods? Makes a lot of sense
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    IMCA Mods? Makes a lot of sense
    Barry Braun... still a douche

10k to win on Friday and $50k on Saturday for late models. Wow

How can highly decorated competitors be there. Isn't Lucas scheduled that weekend???
    2021 race count
    6 events

Maybe Lucas Oil will become the title sponsor of the event and move their schedule around a bit... seen crazier things happen. Would be a shame if they couldn't work something out where all the best guys in the country could be there.

I think Lucas will reschedule their races that weekend

I don't see why Lucas couldn't move their dates up a week, or back a week if needed. It wouldn't interfere with other racing currently scheduled too much.