Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

He's shown bits and pieces of his old self.......he just hasnt put a whole weekend together yet!

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Here we go again, for the 123rd time this year ( yes; I'm being faceous here ); posters on here bring up the " doom and gloom and demise of the greatest stock car driver of all time " ! Billy Moyer is 62 and hasn't lost one bit of talent in my opinion, and yes, Scott has had his misfortunes recently, but I've stated this before, and will state it one more time. He's (Scott) still got the talent to run up front and when all this muck clears the runway, he's going to have another go at the brass ring. I chatted with him for about five minutes Saturday and he hasn't lost his desire, and oh yes, its been trying for him in alot of ways, but I got the impression that he's got one more successful comeback in him. And sitting in turn four in the infield Saturday night the fans still acknowledge him with the biggest response and applause one driver can expect. He still draws the racing fans to these events and will continue to do so till the day he retires. Nothing will ever change that !

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMagic1619* View Post
    Here we go again, for the 123rd time this year ( yes; I'm being faceous here ); posters on here bring up the " doom and gloom and demise of the greatest stock car driver of all time " ! Billy Moyer is 62 and hasn't lost one bit of talent in my opinion, and yes, Scott has had his misfortunes recently, but I've stated this before, and will state it one more time. He's (Scott) still got the talent to run up front and when all this muck clears the runway, he's going to have another go at the brass ring. I chatted with him for about five minutes Saturday and he hasn't lost his desire, and oh yes, its been trying for him in alot of ways, but I got the impression that he's got one more successful comeback in him. And sitting in turn four in the infield Saturday night the fans still acknowledge him with the biggest response and applause one driver can expect. He still draws the racing fans to these events and will continue to do so till the day he retires. Nothing will ever change that !
    I think you nailed it. Having the desire to be that d@mn good is what makes guys like Moyer & Bloomquist so good. In the last month or so Scott has shown some flashes of being able to run up front. If he puts together a whole weekend where he wins a heat race a wins the feature then I think the doubt some folks have will be put to rest. If he does that multiple times then I thing you will see many just shut up about it. First though I think he needs better help in the pits with his crew. Cody was pretty good and so was Tommy Hicks. If he can find a guy like them I think things will come together a good bit faster then they are. Just my two cents.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    He's shown bits and pieces of his old self.......he just hasnt put a whole weekend together yet!
    I absolutely agree.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

The two guys on his crew at I 80 had to be 55+ years of age, not knocking my age, but he needs younger crew help. When you need a 2 step riser to get in your car, your not gonna make 100 laps with the likes of Sheppard or Erb.

If, if, if. Can he still get it done ? I'm sure he can, but as in life there comes a time when the burden you take on becomes something that gets so big you never recover. The last person to see it is the person that creates it. Can Scott win another globe ? I'm sure he can. Can Scott win a lucas or WoO crown ? Or be a constant threat ? No, I think that ship has sailed.

he may have stepped in and saved the SBR business last year, but as long as the partnership with cody exists i dont see things being back like they were. Its ashame because there is no one to replace him, that does things on their own and keeps people talking good or bad. I can only remember so many 20 year olds that are the next big thing

You would be a fool to think he cant win anymore, and even dominate. He is the best for a reason.

Why do people think guys like Bloomquist dont have hard times? Its almost like some think these guys are immune to it. Go listen to Mark Martin talk to Dale JR about his 82, 83 season, that just about broke him, but he said that he never wanted to quit, because he is a racer, and that's what he does. Bloomquist is the same way, there is up and downs, but he is still out there, and still working, for god sakes he was racing while needing a walker !

He will recover, he will win again, and he will come up light on the scales, and do something to set everyones hair on fire on 4m, because that's who he is, good or bad.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Not 1 person knows what his injuries were from that motorcycle mishap. Hip, yes to what extent, guess ? I personally had hip replacement surgery and in 30 days I was back playing pickleball, I took it easy for the next 2 weeks then have gone full bore after that. Stop about the injury because he has had many more issues. Divorce, passing of Randy sweet, droop rule, bringing cody in, which I don't see what that relationship has helped Scott. Garage help, pit help. He's a train waiting to derail. I believe Cody may have been the guy behind drydene. I betcha it was pitched to drydene that team 0 , 3 cars, where going to be on top of the woo at seasons end
    His hip was destroyed. He said so himself. He didn't have a simple replacement.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    When you need a 2 step riser to get in your car, your not gonna make 100 laps with the likes of Sheppard or Erb.
    100 laps? Is there another Erb we don't know about?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I don't think anybody is doubting that he can't win some more races or run solidly up front. But the dominant Scott Bloomquist we have all watched for many years is done. Lets be honest, 95% of dirt racing drivers are not in the best of shape, add in his age with the injury that occurred and he'll never physically be there IMO. Father time gets everybody, it sucks but it is true. It happens in Pro sports all the time to people who are in shape.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 07-28-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    100 laps? Is there another Erb we don't know about?
    Terbo has become pretty decent at 100 lappers.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bloomer has been suffering from neuropathy in his right foot so he has had issues with feeling his foot on the gas pedal. This is improving and will get much better. I am sure we will see a different driver when those issues gets resolved. If anyone thinks Bloomer is out of funds .... bahahaha. And as for Cody, he has helped to streamline the whole business. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) takes time. He will be back with a vengeance.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Bloomer needs some keep the faith tees printed

GottaGoFast

Your first and last sentences are correct but the middle comments are very much false!

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGoFast View Post
    Bloomer has been suffering from neuropathy in his right foot so he has had issues with feeling his foot on the gas pedal. This is improving and will get much better. I am sure we will see a different driver when those issues gets resolved. If anyone thinks Bloomer is out of funds .... bahahaha. And as for Cody, he has helped to streamline the whole business. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) takes time. He will be back with a vengeance.
    Bloomer is absolutely out of funds. This is well known within the sport.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

There is no way that you know that. That is what you have heard. The truth is different.

If he was absolutely out of funds he wouldn't enter the next race, That u will see him at..........which is very soon.....

Money is there. Does not have the proper help. Needs somebody to run the deal. Mallory was that guy. He is gone. He made the notes. They ran good last year for summer cause setups were still intact. Come Florida rules changes and setups were uncertain. Madden ran terrible. Guys like Weiss, McDowell and Ferguson had some setups and still know their way. Scott needs a solid guy like Shane McDowell Or Randell Tyler Erbs crew chief to make it better. Injuries definitely a factor.

Scott finished in front of Superman a few days ago. He can’t be too far off. He needs to find him a rich girl who loves racing and who will help fund his race team 😜. You gotta think outside the box a bit here 😜