Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tires

Why are you talking to yourself?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

sorry first post here, but why would you want to harden soft tires? to pass a durometer test?

Quote Originally Posted by harborfreighthero View Post
    sorry first post here, but why would you want to harden soft tires? to pass a durometer test?
    Good question, If you had a soft 20 rule and worried about wear. Harder tires flex less, flex causes heat and heat causes wear. Cooking the 20 would reduce flex, therefore reducing wear.

Grooving and sypeing creates more edges, but also flex. Sometimes you want more edges and don't want to give up wear. Especially for tracks that don't clean off easily.

For the black ice tracks, you may want less grooves and more surface area. If it's abrasive, cook it. If not keep them soft. There are 50 million combinations to choose from. It's just fine tuning the tire.

From the hints we got from the Dream's illegal tires, these guys didn't expect to get busted for something missing. They probably just cooked something out of them. or got a special run tire from distributor. Too bad the rule said must meet the benchmark, not no added chemicals.

I don't think anyone really knows, what rules are best for the sport. If someone has a better idea, it should be allowed. If that idea costs too much or is dangerous, cut it. I don't think every racer should have to drive a cookie cutter car and turn the racing into NASCAR snooze fests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Good question, If you had a soft 20 rule and worried about wear. Harder tires flex less, flex causes heat and heat causes wear. Cooking the 20 would reduce flex, therefore reducing wear.Grooving and sypeing creates more edges, but also flex. Sometimes you want more edges and don't want to give up wear. Especially for tracks that don't clean off easily.For the black ice tracks, you may want less grooves and more surface area. If it's abrasive, cook it. If not keep them soft. There are 50 million combinations to choose from. It's just fine tuning the tire.From the hints we got from the Dream's illegal tires, these guys didn't expect to get busted for something missing. They probably just cooked something out of them. or got a special run tire from distributor. Too bad the rule said must meet the benchmark, not no added chemicals.I don't think anyone really knows, what rules are best for the sport. If someone has a better idea, it should be allowed. If that idea costs too much or is dangerous, cut it. I don't think every racer should have to drive a cookie cutter car and turn the racing into NASCAR snooze fests.
    Thank you for the explanation. I agree that its hard to come up with the perfect solution, and also we don't want the rules to make it cookie cutter and have to drive a cookie cutter car. With the grinding and siping I see sometimes, I wonder who actually knows what it does or if its just to do what the next guy is doing. Not in the big time DLM world or anything but the local racer, I'm sure the big time guys know more of what they are doing or what they are trying to achieve than the local guy

Yeah first post my A$$..... Maybe first post on a new user name...... Just sayin
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Everyone has to have a first post at some point, no need to be sorry about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Why are you talking to yourself?
    You were a little early on this one Josh.........I think it fits now......see above

I do like the screenname though, pretty creative.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I have never posted here before and just found this site and reading about two weeks ago. Not trying to stir anyone on here.

I have never posted here before and just found this site and reading about two weeks ago. Not trying to stir anyone on here.

I apologize then harborfreight just seemed like your point of posting here the first time was something alot of us had seen and heard before from a certain poster before is all... Enjoy and have some fun up around here bud...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Thats my job !!! Welcome to 4m hfhero!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Still say the screenname is great........I can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    You were a little early on this one Josh.........I think it fits now......see above

I do like the screenname though, pretty creative.
    No, Litey had one post, than another answering himself under the same screen name. He clearly deleted them after I called him out on it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

yes that's right the quote I wanted did 'nt come thru, it happens

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    yes that's right the quote I wanted did 'nt come thru, it happens
    Everybody gets tripped up every now and agin......no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I apologize then harborfreight just seemed like your point of posting here the first time was something alot of us had seen and heard before from a certain poster before is all... Enjoy and have some fun up around here bud...
    No worries, I just read through the thread and decided to finally make an account to ask some questions
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Thats my job !!! Welcome to 4m hfhero!
    Thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Still say the screenname is great........I can relate.
    haha had a harbor freight flyer right in front of me and was making a list of the cool top shelf quality (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) I don't need in it haha and it came to me!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    You do realize that you're arguing with someone that claims they know a lot of what goes on at planet zero right?
    I did forget about that, lol... Maybe that's the local champ he's referring to? I'm still waiting for him to tell me the melting point of irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    I did forget about that, lol... Maybe that's the local champ he's referring to? I'm still waiting for him to tell me the melting point of irony...

Hell be on sooner than latter w some news.
    Hes prolly going to race shops talking to teams and drivers for the latest info.
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 01-06-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!