Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

First off, who in their right mind would spend their hard earned money on a F150?
    Nothing but a truck body on top of a car chassis. Wouldn't own one if you gave it to me.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris125 View Post
    @lurker, do you have a link to where you read that most of these orders were for the government fleet?
    I didn’t say that, or type it either.

(Now as for the “nuance”)

Secondly, go back a re-read the posting exchanges from kidrock, answering for ss12. And then ss12’s reply to me. You get your no source link from either. Re-read it, you’ll get what I’m saying.

My intent in asking ss12 the question directly as he is the OP and the EV guru was for him to establish the sales WERE NOT “fleet purchased vehicles” and “government fleet purchased vehicles” --- thus the onus is on him to establish this via a link, not kidrock posting for him.

At the end of the day, fleet or commercial purchased vehicles (and government fleet purchased vehicles, my words) will be what compels the EV market, as stated by Jim Farley CEO of Ford. Noted in posting #39. I knew that going in to reading ss12’s OP. And I’d bet Barbecueboy did too.

Lurker I didn't answer for anyone But, did reply to your question

@lurker, do you have a link to where you read that most of these orders were for the government fleet? Apparently BBQ isn't capable considering searching CNBC and Spaulding shows nothing about Ford or even anything related to auto-manufacturing. The only CNBC articles related to Spaulding that come up relate to a some kind of fashion company.
    You actually searched Spaulding? Lmao......you'll get nothing and like it.

You're the dummy that went caddy shack on everyone.....try to keep up.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Lurker I didn't answer for anyone But, did reply to your question
    Got it!!! Sorry about wording it the way I did.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Got it!!! Sorry about wording it the way I did.
    Honestly no big deal. I just have been called out before for answering for someone and rightfully so. I'm just trying not to do that it's not right. We all have our beliefs and thoughts and have a right to express for ourselves.

I think there is some confusion on my question, BBQ stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Thought I read somewhere the majority of these pre sell vehicles were indeed fleet, company and govt. vehicles.
    You quoted his post saying "I did too.". I took that as you implying that you read a similar report that would show that a majority of pre-orders were by government vehicles. I did read the Wayland reports, but even the section you quoted doesn't say that the majority of these pre-orders were government orders, just that Ford is pushing to expand in those areas. Considering these pre-orders aren't even actual orders, but basically just securing a place in line to ACTUALLY order one... the US Government wouldn't need to put down a $100 deposit per truck and wait in line for a fleet order.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris125 View Post
    i think there is some confusion on my question, bbq stated:you quoted his post saying "i did too.". I took that as you implying that you read a similar report that would show that a majority of pre-orders were by government vehicles. I did read the wayland reports, but even the section you quoted doesn't say that the majority of these pre-orders were government orders, just that ford is pushing to expand in those areas. Considering these pre-orders aren't even actual orders, but basically just securing a place in line to actually order one... The us government wouldn't need to put down a $100 deposit per truck and wait in line for a fleet order.
    that's good cuz they ain't got it !!!!!!!!!

I think there is some confusion on my question, BBQ stated:You quoted his post saying "I did too.". I took that as you implying that you read a similar report that would show that a majority of pre-orders were by government vehicles. I did read the Wayland reports, but even the section you quoted doesn't say that the majority of these pre-orders were government orders, just that Ford is pushing to expand in those areas. Considering these pre-orders aren't even actual orders, but basically just securing a place in line to ACTUALLY order one... the US Government wouldn't need to put down a $100 deposit per truck and wait in line for a fleet order.
    I will acknowledge that sounds plausible. As the reading was last week, maybe it was referring to other future orders in the pipeline (not the direct link ss12 posted about) and I confused articles I read? That reading was last week sometime, and I didn’t save that particular link, sorry. I’ll look over the busy holiday weekend and see If I can find it for you. Fair enough? Like ss12, I’m busy with life also, and have lots of priority things to do other than 4m, and with lots of racing this weekend as well.

Just the same, I would like to see a link from the OP that the Ford numbers being discussed here are NOT fleet or commercial purchased vehicles (and or government fleet purchased vehicles, those are my words). Is that fair enough also?
    Last edited by lurker; 05-28-2021 at 02:52 AM.

ss12 didn't make a claim that they were or were not fleet orders, so no.

Of course.......

ss12 didn't make a claim that they were or were not fleet orders, so no.
    I didn’t say he did one way or the other. What I ask ss12 the EV guru was ---

“I wonder how many of those 48K were, fleet purchased vehicles and government fleet purchased vehicles?”
    --- and he’s yet to answer the question, or provide a link or data answering my question. You know, the stuff you like to ask for, thus substantiating one way or another where one can base a decision from.

Remember Osiris125, I asked the quoted above question first off, so I would like that answered from ss12, first, before furthering.

Of course.......
    Like you're shocked!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lurker; 05-28-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Default I forgot to reply to this.

---- but in the end you're posts are just polished up versions of McNuggets .
    You spelled “Turds” wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    From an article I read about the truck sales it's individuals and not companies or the government. They did this to see how it would be accepted by the public.
    Funny thing, Osiris125 ---- you never asked kidrock for a link, thus substantiating his claim, yet you jumped first chance at asking myself and Barbecueboy for a link. Weird how that plays out, isn’t it.

I think it's because oisis thinks they drink from the same straw in the kool aid pitcher.......as it were.

I also think and hope KR ,I and a lot of the rest of us really do want what's best for our great country and even though we may disagree on the setup to get us in victory lane ,we are all still solid citizens and Patriots and want what's best for all .......No offense to Mrs George , but I think Jill is in over her head trying to lead our country.

I think it's because oisis thinks they drink from the same straw in the kool aid pitcher.......as it were.

I also think and hope KR ,I and a lot of the rest of us really do want what's best for our great country and even though we may disagree on the setup to get us in victory lane ,we are all still solid citizens and Patriots and want what's best for all .......No offense to Mrs George , but I think Jill is in over her head trying to lead our country.
    Actually I think Jill would do a much better job.

Funny thing, Osiris125 ---- you never asked kidrock for a link, thus substantiating his claim, yet you jumped first chance at asking myself and Barbecueboy for a link. Weird how that plays out, isn’t it.

I have tried to find the article but, I can't find it. I can't remember how I worded it when first looking at the article I was reading. I was on the AP website but, I can't find it now.

I will look again later tonight and see if I can find it.

Understood, but that was not my point. And you probably already knew that.

Its all good!

Oisis just picking pepper out of fly sheet....as stated, all good and I think we are all in agreement that the narrative that ev will replace all fuel driven vehicles in our lifetime as implied by Mcnugget 2.0 is preposterous.