Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default 2020 Summernationals

With the governor of IL saying there won’t be any gatherings of more than 50 until there is a vaccine, will the Summernationals be cancelled this summer. Or is it possible for WRG to make enough off of PPV to make it work?

The whole tour going to be run at I-55. Will save a lot on gas money though

no matter what, its going to be a rough year

I don't think we'll see a single competitive lap turned anywhere in IL this year. The writing is on the wall.

I'm very concerned about the impact this will have on an already financially challenged industry.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Everything has been operating without a vaccine for aids/HIV either....

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    I don't think we'll see a single competitive lap turned anywhere in IL this year. The writing is on the wall.

I'm very concerned about the impact this will have on an already financially challenged industry.
    Yeah exactly right but not just racing absolutely no SPORTING event period

If Illinois governor Pritzker has his way we'll be locked down all summer. Scheduling nightmare, but plenty of tracks in eastern Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin to have nice schedule.

When is next election in Illinois for Governor ?

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    When is next election in Illinois for Governor ?
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post

I hope things get better in a month or so and they get some races in. I always look forward to traveling to Illinois to see some good shows at Macon, Fairbury, etc.

illinois gov has to keep his local economy tanked since its an election year. i doubt any racing will happen there either, at least not before fall

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    illinois gov has to keep his local economy tanked since its an election year. i doubt any racing will happen there either, at least not before fall
    Wolf is doing the same thing in PA. He participating in Democrat's next scam on America by trying to ruin the state's economy until the election. And he's doing a pretty good job of it. Hopefully all of the Republican run states and WV since Justice is pretty conservative will be open pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Wolf is doing the same thing in PA. He participating in Democrat's next scam on America by trying to ruin the state's economy until the election. And he's doing a pretty good job of it. Hopefully all of the Republican run states and WV since Justice is pretty conservative will be open pretty soon.
    At this point, Justice hasn't given a timeline on events with 25 people or more. Tracks have called his office only to be told no practices, races, and no timeline. I'm not sure what's going to happen in WV this summer either.

When did America become so selfish? We are quickly heading towards 100,000 deaths in 2 months from Covid-19. I want racing back just as bad as any other person but to me life and death is more important than some summer nationals race in July in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    When did America become so selfish? We are quickly heading towards 100,000 deaths in 2 months from Covid-19. I want racing back just as bad as any other person but to me life and death is more important than some summer nationals race in July in Illinois.
    When we lost our freedom.

With 33 million filing for unemployment in just 2 months, no one will have the money to go to any races. Just don't know if things will ever be like they were before. Sad.

Whole thing is f@cking stupid. Work with 3,000 people still don’t know anyone that knows anyone that has died from this. Hospitals are laying people off where I live. No elective surgeries no people in the ER. My work is offering separation packages to 55 and older and 10 years of service. Already have 15 furlough days for rest of year and now layoffs will be coming. They managed to f@ck trumps economy up good.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Governor fat ass said yesterday that the Illinois State Fair in Springfield and the Du Quoin State Fair in Southern Illinois are "highly unlikely" to take place. The Springfield State Fair runs from the 13th thru the 23rd of August and Du Quoin runs from August 28th thru September 7th. It's a safe bet that if he's all but putting the kibosh on the fairs thru early September the chances of any gatherings of any kind thru the summer are slim, at best.

If the whole summer of racing is out the window this could put in jeopardy even the most solvent of promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    When it affects people the most with underlying health issues which can be similar to the flu and the recovery rate is in the high 90% rate. And 100,000 deaths out of 330 million people.

The sad part is you have american citizens who are Democrat who are protesting their government to open back up will most likely vote Democrat again next time around still

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    With 33 million filing for unemployment in just 2 months, no one will have the money to go to any races. Just don't know if things will ever be like they were before. Sad.
    People in pa are making an extra 600 a week +regular unemployment. And quite a few are making more now on employment then they make working. It's a shame