Default Carrying LF too much

It's a 3-link. The track last night was super tacky and a tad rough. As soon as I would get on the gas the LF would hike way up and nearly rolled it over on one lap.

For the feature I moved the J-bar up on hole on the pinion mount (top) and it helped a little bit but was still carrying it. We also increased air pressure on the right side up 3 PSI.

In general without giving up setup information, would could help keep the LF pinned down a little more?

How much is rr rolling? I stiffen the rr spring and maybe even stiffen shock a lil

Stiffen up right rear spring.
    Old enuf to know better, still too young to givadamm.

stiffen rr or raise your rear roll center up. when i lower my rear roll center my car will 3 wheel instantly with any grip in the track.

Here's a picture... Picture Link

The shock looks like it is pretty much extended completely on the LR and the RR shock is a 9" stroke shock and it was about 1.5" from bottoming out.

Not sure how to raise the rear roll center up. The fuel cell is mounted really high.

Somone mentioned maybe softening the front springs up to help plant the RF better which will bring the LF down. This is the first time it has ever done it so stumped on what to do. I was thinking maybe if I dropped the LR bar down a hole maybe it would help. Also thought maybe I should run less fuel (drop rear % and bite out of the car) since it was so tacky.
    Last edited by merc123; 04-29-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by merc123 View Post
    Not sure how to raise the rear roll center up. The fuel cell is mounted really high.
    raise your panhard bar

At both ends..Don't increase the angle..Just raise the whole bar..

Lower the static angle of your lower left link. Keep it under 10 degree's and above five.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I just put a 25# wt on my lf by the valve cover as well as increase my stagger with air psi when on really tacky tracks. Its a lot easier than adjusting anything else.
    You have a good point! Why make more work ? Keep it simple.

A limiter chain is used for this very thing. Call your chassis manufacturer and ask what they recommend for length and where to attach it etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    raise your panhard bar
    Raised it up all the way I could which was one hole.

Quote Originally Posted by sj valley dave View Post
    At both ends..Don't increase the angle..Just raise the whole bar..
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Graff Spee View Post
    Lower the static angle of your lower left link. Keep it under 10 degree's and above five.
    I thought about that but guy that built my car said not to. I'm gonna try this next time though.

Quote Originally Posted by C10 View Post
    A limiter chain is used for this very thing. Call your chassis manufacturer and ask what they recommend for length and where to attach it etc.
    don't have anyone I can call. Also, where am I going to limit? LR is limited by the shock. Won't go high enough to kick out the spring.

You limit it by clamping and chain to the tube so it doesn't gain so much bar angle. Check your LR bite too

My thoughts would be check your RR spring to see if its sprung. Happens more often then you think since you said thats never happened to you before. If all checks out try more pull bar angle to reduce your weight transfer to the rear.

If you are using the shock to limit the travel and it JUST started doing this, you may have damaged the shock and now it is doing nothing and it is letting the car roll to fast. I would have the LR shock checked and put a chain on it to keep it from fully extending the shock as it will damage it. A couple of clamps and a chain is MUCH cheaper than constantly replacing the shock.

I have a factory metric rear, and now mine is 3 wheeling more and more because the track is staying heavier. I tried stiffening the RR spring 25# but the car went to poop. Should I raise both spring rates across the rear to keep the split the same, or try another shock on the RR?
    Just playin' in the clay

Quote Originally Posted by buterbaughb1 View Post
    I have a factory metric rear, and now mine is 3 wheeling more and more because the track is staying heavier. I tried stiffening the RR spring 25# but the car went to poop. Should I raise both spring rates across the rear to keep the split the same, or try another shock on the RR?
    First,try limiting the left rear from standing on the bars,by using a chain.Start out approx 1-1/2" LESS than the shock will fully extend.Then with it hanging in the air,screw the coilover down just enough to touch the spring.If you are NOT using a 'coilover spring',then use a tad softer spring and limit travel the same way.Get in the car,then report back here.
    Last edited by runyou-2; 08-02-2012 at 12:57 AM.

The track I Was carrying at just opened back up. I wasn't carrying at all this past weekend so not sure what the cause is. Nothing on my setup has changed.

If you raise your right bar in that situation