Default fuel isues need help

running out of fuel 1/2 way down the straight away, running alcohol, replaced fuel pump 3 times, procam pump, replaced all lines replaced needle and seats,replaced fuel pump shaft replaced return regulator. its seems to be pulsating and blowing by the needle and seats, running 9lbs of pressure, ahs any body ever ran into this problem, whats the fix

make sure fuel tank vent is not clogged.

Make sure your fuel filter is not in backwards.

Use a steel filter and not paper for alcohol also.

X2 on the fuel filter, make sure the spring in on the right side of the filter,

if fuel pickup comes out of the top of cell check for line inside of tank . see if its loose

checked everything you guys , even put a ball valve on , started out with 10lbs went 1 laps went to zero again, let sit for a minute started up slowly went to 10lbs , ran for a couple of minutes went to zero again,, ive never seen this before .(stumped)

Had the same thing happen years back, get rid of the block mounted pump! I know belt pumps are pricey but it will save your motor. Don't have to get a KSE unless you want one. Get one of those Ron's gold series pumps. Ran mine for 3 years and had the pump rebuilt by Ron's once for new seals. Worked flawlessly. I know some guy's are going to come on here and say they have run block pumps for years with no prob but this is what I did to fix my prob!

Block pump with gas and belt drive for alcohol for alot of years.

have a block mount on the other car that runs alcohol and have 0 problems .same everything.

We missed half of the season with the same problem with the same fuel pump.

THROW THE PRO CAM PUMP IN THE GARBAGE.

Buy a belt drive pump and you can go racing again.
    The problem is that the Pro-Cam pump makes to much pressure.
    You then lower the floats so that the fuel doesnt overflow.
    You will actually lower the floats enough that the needle and seat act as a restrictor.

THROW THE PRO-CAM PUMP IN THE GARBAGE

We went through 3 different regulators and missed half the season fighting that junk pump. When I put the belt drive on and started the car we had to raise the floats 2 full turns and the motor sounded completley different.
    My 20 year old daughter came to the garage and said the car sounds different.

We did allof things mentioned above.
    Checked the pickup tube in a brand new fuel cell, changed fuel lines, cleaned the fuel filter 3 times. tried a willy's regulator, a holley bypass, bypass in front of the log, bypass behind the log.
    We were doing test runs in a local industrial park trying to get the motor to pull. When we put the Ron's belt drive on we went racing the next day.

Check pickup tube in cell ,they will suck shut sometimes if there rubber.to check ur lines run a hose from pump into a fuel jug.friend had the same problem ball in roll over valve had came out and stuck in the 90 fitting on cell.

Check out C&S Specialties, I have been having good luck with their alky block pump and a ball valve bypass fuel log. 3 psi at idle and 7-8 at WOT.

we ran in to this a few years ago with l/m it was a bad fitting that was sucking air

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanscrew View Post
    we ran in to this a few years ago with l/m it was a bad fitting that was sucking air
    I use the procam and have no issues, and have not had any issues. In fact I switched from the gold pump and will NOT go back

the gold pump cost a feature finishes. the thin tiny belt that comes with it, is known for coming off..... no thanks

If I was gonna belt drive it would not be with that deal ever again.

I agree on checking the fittings and lines....

we use the regulator from aeromotive. pricey but does a good job. If you really think the pump is the issue they you can check it and or replace it.

they are cheap enough to try. prior to the procam, I had BG block pump that lasted 2 seasons and then got weak on psi. switched to procam no issues. drop me a pm, heck I may have a known good block pump you can put on, and then you can verify if its the pump or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bob75 View Post
    running out of fuel 1/2 way down the straight away, running alcohol, replaced fuel pump 3 times, procam pump, replaced all lines replaced needle and seats,replaced fuel pump shaft replaced return regulator. its seems to be pulsating and blowing by the needle and seats, running 9lbs of pressure, ahs any body ever ran into this problem, whats the fix
    have you check the cam lobe for the pump sounds like it is worn off.

an easy way to check the pump is to pinch off the return line. you should see the psi go up, if you do not then more than likely the pump is no longer doing its part. easy to check.

I would triple check the fuel filter to make sure it's not put together wrong. Allstar has a schematic of how it's supposed to go together on their website. I keep one printed out so there's never any confusion.