Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm just curious why does it have to stay the same way? Why can't they change it up? I don't know the reason why they changed it up but, really what makes the difference. NASCAR owns the sanction and can do whatever they want.
    There is your answer CIRF...I couldn't have said it any better....its their dog and pony show, they can run it anyway the want...

I have been to a few truck races, they are awesome....

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kid, I watched all the Daytona stuff 'cause we went down there for over 20 years in a row for Speedweeks starting in the early 1980's. Got our belly full of the ridiculous ticket prices and the lack of decent racing but our spirit is still in Daytona during the month of February. I did not watch the deal at Atlanta and will not make any attempt to watch NASCAR the rest of the season. The interest just isn't there anymore.

The question I have and no one seems to want to answer is why? What is the benefit, if any, to the F1 style time limit qualifying. What was the down side of the single car-two lap qualifying system as opposed to the F1 style? Is it change merely for the sake of change or was there a specific problem with the former qualifying process? If it's the latter then someone please point it out and be specific.

Kid, what's the problem with your PM? It won't go through.
    The only ones that can answer why is NASCAR. I have no idea why they changed the format but, they did. I will say this if it doesn't work out and they get enough complaints from the drivers, owners and fans they will make another change.

I will have to check into the problem with my Private message.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    There is your answer CIRF...I couldn't have said it any better....its their dog and pony show, they can run it anyway the want...

I have been to a few truck races, they are awesome....
    Hmmm, I'm shocked that you guys that live for the gimmicks and phony rules packages don't have a clear and concise answer to a plain straight forward question other than "that's what NASCAR wants to do". If ya'll like it so much you'd ought to express why it's such a great idea.

Your right, it's NASCAR's baby and they can throw it out with the bath water if they want to, just like half the people that followed NASCAR 10 OR 12 years ago can, and did, give up on seeing any decent racing. It's amazing to see an institution as large as NASCAR continue to implement changes that has lost them millions of fans and they keep making stupid changes that continues to drive people away in droves.
    The only ones that can answer why is NASCAR. I have no idea why they changed the format but, they did. I will say this if it doesn't work out and they get enough complaints from the drivers, owners and fans they will make another change.

I will have to check into the problem with my Private message.
    Kid, the chase and all the other silly gimmicks they've enacted that cut their fandom by more than half haven't been changed back to attempt to win back the interest some of the fans who have abandoned NASCAR. What makes you think they'll change this silly qualifying process. It really seems that NASCAR is bent on self destruction and the fans who keep them in business be d amned.

saw an article yesterday that TV revenues for tracks is now more than ticket revenues.

Due to this fact, the only thing that matters to the tracks is what is good for TV (or what is perceived to be good on TV). The paying fans in the stands no longer matter to the tracks or NASCAR..... So, support your local tracks instead.

Hmmm, I'm shocked that you guys that live for the gimmicks and phony rules packages don't have a clear and concise answer to a plain straight forward question other than "that's what NASCAR wants to do". If ya'll like it so much you'd ought to express why it's such a great idea.

Your right, it's NASCAR's baby and they can throw it out with the bath water if they want to, just like half the people that followed NASCAR 10 OR 12 years ago can, and did, give up on seeing any decent racing. It's amazing to see an institution as large as NASCAR continue to implement changes that has lost them millions of fans and they keep making stupid changes that continues to drive people away in droves.

Kid, the chase and all the other silly gimmicks they've enacted that cut their fandom by more than half haven't been changed back to attempt to win back the interest some of the fans who have abandoned NASCAR. What makes you think they'll change this silly qualifying process. It really seems that NASCAR is bent on self destruction and the fans who keep them in business be d amned.
    So, your going to tell us what you call gimmicks have soully been the reason for Nascars decline. So, your telling us that ticket prices,concession prices and hotel prices have not help contributed to the decline of fans going to races. So your going to tell us that the fair whether fans that were never race fans to begin with decided since they enacted these gimmicks they didn't want to go or watch the races no more. Really???

like I said I have no answer for why they made the changes they did but, I'm kind of curious as to what you think they should have done instead of implementing these so called gimmicks. If your business is declining should you just keeping doing what your doing or should you try and make some changes to see if you can turn your business around?
    Last edited by kidrock; 03-06-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Ive never seen or heard about anyone talking about qualifying in the past....

CLEARLY press is press. it doesn't matter if people are talking good or bad about it they are tuning in to qualifying now to see what goes on

So, your going to tell us what you call gimmicks have soully been the reason for Nascars decline. So, your telling us that ticket prices,concession prices and hotel prices have not help contributed to the decline of fans going to races. So your going to tell us that the fair whether fans that were never race fans to begin with decided since they enacted these gimmicks they didn't want to go or watch the races no more. Really???

like I said I have no answer for why they made the changes they did but, I'm kind of curious as to what you think they should have done instead of implementing these so called gimmicks. If your business is declining should you just keeping doing what your doing or should you try and make some changes to see if you can turn your business around?
    If it's ticket prices, hotel prices and concession prices are what's keeping people away from races then common sense would dictate that TV ratings would go up due to all the folks who can no longer afford to go to the races would be watching on TV. But the flaw in that theory is that the TV ratings declined in about the same proportion and at exactly the same time frame as the decline in spectator participation.

And, most if not, all of this decline came after all the gimmicks were enacted which was around 2004.

Is it coincidence that the dramatic decline in NASCAR TV veiwership and spectators began when the gimmicks were thrown into the mix? It's impossible to tell for sure but me thinks maybe the decline might well have been the result of the gimmicks.

If the F1 style qualifying gimmick is going to be the what brings NASCAR back to it's pre-gimmick glory it had better kick in soon.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-06-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Ive never seen or heard about anyone talking about qualifying in the past....

CLEARLY press is press. it doesn't matter if people are talking good or bad about it they are tuning in to qualifying now to see what goes on
    scd, there is no indication the bad pub is doing anything to increase interest in qualifying. The reason the F1 style qualifying is being talked about is because some relatively high profile drivers, and some fans, have indicated as to how stupid it is. Not sure that's going to do anything to increase the number of spectators in the grandstands or TV ratings. It hasn't so far.

If nascar ever loses the T.V. package it will be forced to make some hard decisions. They are going to have to become more fan friendly again, if it is not already to late.

scd, there is no indication the bad pub is doing anything to increase interest in qualifying. The reason the F1 style qualifying is being talked about is because some relatively high profile drivers, and some fans, have indicated as to how stupid it is. Not sure that's going to do anything to increase the number of spectators in the grandstands or TV ratings. It hasn't so far.

If you say so..

I know I DONT watch nascar (maybe 3 races last season) but Ive recorded qualifying and watched it this year, its better drama than the on track racing by far.. Ill be recording it again tonight.

So I know for a fact Nascar is +1 viewer.

As for fans in the stands unless you own stock in Nascar I don't see why anyone cares if there are fans or viewers. It is not the 43 best drivers anymore, anyone can rent a ride now. There are what 24 funded supposedly competitive teams?

ALL RIGHT!!!!

Congratulations, your just the guy NASCAR is looking to entertain!

Lets see, you, Kidrock and mudslinger make 3, and counting, that I know of that are pumped up about this new qualifying gig. Now, if they can only find and win back the other 3 or 4 million who have quit paying any attention to NASCAR they'll be able to decry all the gimmicks a rousing success.

Sure not takin' any bets on it.

Many of us consider ourselves overall race fans, not just one particular type of racing, and no true race fan wants to see any sanction implode onto itself, whether it be NASCAR, Indy Car, USAC, WoO or a weekly dirt track in podunk USA.

As much as many of us scorn NASCAR, racing as a whole would be worse off without it. I will gladly admit that, but some of the decisions they make sure defy logic.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-06-2015 at 05:21 PM.

ALL RIGHT!!!!

Congratulations, your just the guy NASCAR is looking to entertain!

I would bet there are way more than you think watching to see the circus of qualifying than you think.. I haven't EVER watched qualifying before so therefore Id be NEW to watching that!

I don't see how losing Nascar would effect anything I care about. I suppose my local Nascar track I race weekly would be unsanctioned but its been that before.. Maybe they would get IMCA sanctioned again like the other 20 plus tracks I race at within 4 hours from my house thru the summer!

qualifying is starting now! hopefully its more entertaining than the Atlanta race I napped thru and the Daytona race I napped thru!!

All the more reason to take some kids to a dirt race. Support a local track, and eat a little popcorn with some dirt in it. Screw the corporate Nascrap. Youll save a crap pot full of money and have more fun at the dirt speedway. I promise.

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Thumbs up

ALL RIGHT!!!!Congratulations, your just the guy NASCAR is looking to entertain!
    Lmao!!! I just wet myself here Thanks Big C!!!!! Dam that was a good'n!!!!! Lol some more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Lmao!!! I just wet myself here Thanks Big C!!!!! Dam that was a good'n!!!!! Lol some more.....
    Where is muddy mike when you need him????

After all , this is a thread about stupidity isn't it???

I read something somewhere from an internet hypocrite that went something like this.....
    Things would be better if everybody took a handful of chill pills.......would be even better if some folks choked on them.

Words have power , right bubby???
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Where is muddy mike when you need him????After all , this is a thread about stupidity isn't it???I read something somewhere from an internet hypocrite that went something like this.....Things would be better if everybody took a handful of chill pills.......would be even better if some folks choked on them.Words have power , right bubby???
    When the words are spoken in truth, and has a negative effect on someone, you bet there is power in them. Truth really sucks for some so they do need to run for the shelter of their mothers little helpers... Lol, and they shore is certainly a cast of thems round here wouldn't ya say?

I can understand that some don't like the new format, but why lambaste the folks that do? I guess it must be illegal for anyone to enjoy something they don't....Soccer is boring as hell to me, but if you want to watch it, more power to ya.... Just don't understand it....they hate it so everyone has to hate it...what are you guys 12?

I would bet Nascar has decreasing numbers for the same reason dirt tracks are closing all over the country. Racing is a sport that has an older fan base and when they are unable to attend because of health reasons or pass away there is nobody to take their place in the stands. I attend 40 or so races every year at several different tracks and have observed not many 15-25 year olds in the stands. The sport needs to get the teens and young adults interested or all motorsports is in big trouble. In my opinion that is the reason NASCAR is changing things up to try and attract a younger fan base. I applaud them for trying new things but some older fans just don't like change and now don't support them. I suppose it's a calculated risk they took trying to draw in younger fans even if they lose some older fans. I have been to some truck races and I agree that series puts on good racing.

Mud, I don't think anybody is lambasting you personally.......it's nascar as a whole.

Things aren't great in nascar land right now, NASCAR just seems to be throwing good money after bad money with some of the recent changes.

The problem I have are with the NASCAR sheep that are hearded all together and believe( and try forcing others to believe) that it's great in France world......

To your point, you like it.........more power to ya, I hope they are able to pull it out of the dive it's in so that more people like it.........right now , it's just not for everyone.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????