Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

This is what is posted in the Knoxville raceway website. I'm betting they will change it quickly after reading this post. As of right now at 1:00 AM it still reads: D Main- 12 laps (if needed) C Main-15 laps B Main-20 laps A Main- 100 laps. So the answer is, yes it was advertised as 100 laps and yes as of right now it still advertises 100 laps. Do the right thing Knoxville and run 100 laps this year and reconsider next year.
    Last edited by wuss; 09-05-2017 at 01:09 AM.

[QUOTE=NY DIRT;2133453]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post

Yep, you are right. they stole from you. auto racing is nothing but a big rip off. Do not go to any more auto races. Spend your money on something you will not have anything to complain about..
    This is about Knoxville, not racing as a whole, do you have a reading comprehension problem? Why don't you tip them at the gate, a extra $20, since you like paying for something you didn't get.

I could be wrong, but seems Lucas Oil put this info out there. There is nothing on the Knoxville website, twitter or Facebook page that talks about this change.

Usually Knoxville is very good at joint press releases so it's on their website the day it goes out. Just seems strange to me given how they have worked in the past (with sanctioning bodies such as WoO, Lucas, IMCA and sponsor releases with companies like 5 Hour Energy, Casey's, etc., etc..

manage the fuel better and finish 100 laps or I guess come in for a splash if you can't make it

How about a pit stop after 20 laps or make the race 90 laps? Does anyone really want the race and possibly the championship decided by someone running out of fuel? I'm all for 100 laps but since this track is bigger and more wide open than the rest, you can't fault the track or the series for wanting to correct the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    How about a pit stop after 20 laps or make the race 90 laps? Does anyone really want the race and possibly the championship decided by someone running out of fuel? I'm all for 100 laps but since this track is bigger and more wide open than the rest, you can't fault the track or the series for wanting to correct the problem.
    The Topless was determined by a tire parade. There are always strategy and luck factors.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Last I knew, it was the drivers who are driving these cars , not the keyboard warriors. If the drivers are for this shorter distance because of the fuel issue, so am I....
    dumba$$ comment of the year nominee right here. We pay to get into these races, we all get a vote and an opinion because we pay for it. Because the drivers want something does not make it the best thing for the sport as a whole; and just mindlessly following what drivers and sanctioning bodies say is concerning in its own way.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    dumba$$ comment of the year nominee right here. We pay to get into these races, we all get a vote and an opinion because we pay for it. Because the drivers want something does not make it the best thing for the sport as a whole; and just mindlessly following what drivers and sanctioning bodies say is concerning in its own way.
    Yes sir. You are 100% right and I am 200% wrong for giving my opinion on this subject

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Yes sir. You are 100% right and I am 200% wrong for giving my opinion on this subject
    Your opinion is anyone who doesn't like the change is a keyboard warrior. How bout we change that to paying fan. How does your opinion sound then?

Wasn't gonna touch this thread but I have my opinion and I will give it. Knoxville is very hard on engines, especially when the track is heavy. From a fans prospective I think 100 laps is the only way but I'm sure 80 laps wouldn't hurt the drivers or engine builders feelings one bit. Add fuel to the brim and hammer down for 100 laps is my opinion. The drivers know they will have to conserve fuel under caution and warmup laps this year. If they go 80 laps will they lower cost of admission 20%? Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    Your opinion is anyone who doesn't like the change is a keyboard warrior. How bout we change that to paying fan. How does your opinion sound then?
    I really am too dumb, stupid, and mindless to have a opinion on this subject, but just keep piling on.It makes me feel loved... LOL

joshroth14 Guest

$35.00 for 80 laps around Knoxville is still a good value for me. I'd rather it be 80 laps instead of having a fuel stop. Drivers would run light the first half of the race and then bolt on weight at the pitstop and Lucas would have to issue another "Bloomquist" rule and you guys would complain about that too. If $7 for 20 less laps is too much for you to spend then chances are you didnt need to go in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by joshroth14 View Post
    $35.00 for 80 laps around Knoxville is still a good value for me. I'd rather it be 80 laps instead of having a fuel stop. Drivers would run light the first half of the race and then bolt on weight at the pitstop and Lucas would have to issue another "Bloomquist" rule and you guys would complain about that too. If $7 for 20 less laps is too much for you to spend then chances are you didnt need to go in the first place.
    Your math only works if they only come for the feature to watch and don't come for the D,C or B mains though right? (for those getting mad, I am just kidding and trying to stir the pot a little).

Like I stated above, the tracks website, twitter nor facebook pages have said anything regarding this change. Seems strange to me given their track record.

My guess is that there have been discussions, but Lucas Oil took it upon themselves to send out a Press Release before every t was crossed and i was dotted. No inside knowledge mind you, but given how Knoxville personnel works with all others when it comes to sanctioning bodies and sponsors on press releases, this one just feels different to me.

joshroth14 Guest

Feels like Knoxville wants it to be a 100 lap race and Lucas Oil drivers/officials wants it to be an 80 lap race. Maybe Knoxville will eventually run this race unsanctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    Your math only works if they only come for the feature to watch and don't come for the D,C or B mains though right? (for those getting mad, I am just kidding and trying to stir the pot a little).

Like I stated above, the tracks website, twitter nor facebook pages have said anything regarding this change. Seems strange to me given their track record.

My guess is that there have been discussions, but Lucas Oil took it upon themselves to send out a Press Release before every t was crossed and i was dotted. No inside knowledge mind you, but given how Knoxville personnel works with all others when it comes to sanctioning bodies and sponsors on press releases, this one just feels different to me.
    Maybe nothing has been mentioned because Knoxville has mailed it in for the season other than the daily back pat remainder on how many days until the LM Nationals. If they gave 1/25th the effort they do for the Sprint Nationals. Nobody would have any reason to question what was going on.

huskerdirt,

why do you think Knoxville has mailed it in?

I have seen TV commercials and heard radio commercials advertising the Late Model Nationals. I actually think it's pretty sweet to see a Late Model race commercial come on while watching American Ninja Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Maybe nothing has been mentioned because Knoxville has mailed it in for the season other than the daily back pat remainder on how many days until the LM Nationals. If they gave 1/25th the effort they do for the Sprint Nationals. Nobody would have any reason to question what was going on.
    Like I said, I have no inside knowledge at all.

I do know that compared to the Sprint Nationals, this is not near the undertaking on multiple fronts with #1 being sponsors. Plus the WoO really have nothing to do with the Sprint Nationals other than their teams and drivers being at the race, it's run under Knoxville rules with Knoxville officials.

The Late Models are run under Lucas Rules with Lucas Oil officials, Lucas is considered the sponsor of the event and the crowd is about 1/4 of what they bring in for the 410 Nationals, I'd venture to say the ASCS 360 Nationals may have more fans in the stands as well over the course of the 3 day events). My guess is their contract might state what the series can do or not do as well. Maybe Knoxville Raceway has no say in the # of laps, it's just something that none of us know.

I do not believe that Kendra, John McCoy or any of the other staff at the track is "mailing it in". From a social media standpoint, some of the "push" during the Sprint Car Nationals seems to be sponsor related as "favorites, views, likes, shares, etc., etc.) are measurables that a large company like 5Hour Energy looks at. Lucas Oil owning the series and sponsoring the race probably don't emphasize that as much for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    huskerdirt,

why do you think Knoxville has mailed it in?

I have seen TV commercials and heard radio commercials advertising the Late Model Nationals. I actually think it's pretty sweet to see a Late Model race commercial come on while watching American Ninja Warrior.
    I just don't see any effort from them hyping this race up. Once the sprint Nationals are over it's like they go into hibernation mode from the social media side of things. Leading up to the sprint Nationals they would throw out stats, history, and who has pre entered. I know we are second fiddle, but I don't think they even know that there track hosts the 4th(IMO) biggest late model race in the country.

I'm not just saying it about this year, it seems this way almost every year.

Cool you are getting some commercials out there, didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    Like I said, I have no inside knowledge at all.

I do know that compared to the Sprint Nationals, this is not near the undertaking on multiple fronts with #1 being sponsors. Plus the WoO really have nothing to do with the Sprint Nationals other than their teams and drivers being at the race, it's run under Knoxville rules with Knoxville officials.

The Late Models are run under Lucas Rules with Lucas Oil officials, Lucas is considered the sponsor of the event and the crowd is about 1/4 of what they bring in for the 410 Nationals, I'd venture to say the ASCS 360 Nationals may have more fans in the stands as well over the course of the 3 day events). My guess is their contract might state what the series can do or not do as well. Maybe Knoxville Raceway has no say in the # of laps, it's just something that none of us know.

I do not believe that Kendra, John McCoy or any of the other staff at the track is "mailing it in". From a social media standpoint, some of the "push" during the Sprint Car Nationals seems to be sponsor related as "favorites, views, likes, shares, etc., etc.) are measurables that a large company like 5Hour Energy looks at. Lucas Oil owning the series and sponsoring the race probably don't emphasize that as much for this event.
    Good points, I didn't take some of sponsor stuff into consideration. 5 hour is definitely mainstream then Lucas Oil, so that makes sense. Everybody has compared the 360 crowd to the late model crowd. Some say the 360s out draw LMs by a whisker.

My mailing it in comment was probably too harsh. Just my general feel on the event.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Good points, I didn't take some of sponsor stuff into consideration. 5 hour is definitely mainstream then Lucas Oil, so that makes sense. Everybody has compared the 360 crowd to the late model crowd. Some say the 360s out draw LMs by a whisker.

My mailing it in comment was probably too harsh. Just my general feel on the event.
    I'd say the 360's had a big increase this year (especially for the prelim nights).

Another consideration that I didn't even think of until just now as well. Many of the part-time staff that help with marketing, sponsors, etc. are teachers and coaches in the local school district. They all went back to their regular jobs a week after the sprint nationals ended, many of the part timers that help with signage (banners, etc.) went back to college the Sunday following the sprint nationals as well.

The timing of this event actually hurts it locally. The part time staff is no longer able to put in the time that they do for the other events as their "real jobs" take back over.

Personally I think this is one of the best races of the year at Knoxville, but it'd be better served being in June IMO.