Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    It is logical to say that he is getting more power to ground out of the turns. And enough of a traction loss on the inside rear to conpensate and keep the car from being tight.

Just some thoughts.
    Appears a portion of the experts here say it's the steering wheel holder making all the difference. IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Appears a portion of the experts here say it's the steering wheel holder making all the difference. IDK.
    It would be the first time that assessment would be correct
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

According to 4m history driver talent is the smallest variable in the winning equation. The usually quoted keys to success are cheating and equipment.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    According to 4m history driver talent is the smallest variable in the winning equation. The usually quoted keys to success are cheating and equipment.
    Driver talent makes you a guy who sustains some regular success over a career.

It does not make your car 3 tenths faster than every other car for a year or 2. It does not make your car clearly handle different than the rest of the cars either.

Talent makes your lap times more consistent. Consistent over a race. Consistent over a career. I haven't seen a guy yet who gets 3 or 4 tenths more than the best of his peers, year after year.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-03-2024 at 07:43 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

That's just dumb. How come team cars always seem to have 1 car better. I've seen tons of brothers/father sons with the same exact car and 1 seems to be consistently better. Why isn't rtj's brother dominating mods like he did? I've seen track champion racers get in the worst car in their class and win.

Quote Originally Posted by chopter33 View Post
    That's just dumb. How come team cars always seem to have 1 car better. I've seen tons of brothers/father sons with the same exact car and 1 seems to be consistently better. Why isn't rtj's brother dominating mods like he did? I've seen track champion racers get in the worst car in their class and win.
    It's very simple chopter. One guy is better than the other. If it continues to happen. But, they are not the best and 4th best guy in the country. There is basically no skill gap there.

I used the phrase "best of his peers". I didn't compare him to some average guy driving a bomber
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-04-2024 at 06:05 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's very simple chopter. One guy is better than the other. If it continues to happen. But, they are not the best and 4th best guy in the country. There is basically no skill gap there.

I used the phrase "best of his peers". I didn't compare him to some average guy driving a bomber
    Exactly................................ Apples to apples not apples to oranges.

It’s so funny people can’t comprehend this.

Think of it in sports terms.

Driver talent makes you a guy who sustains some regular success over a career. It does not make your car 3 tenths faster than every other car for a year or 2. It does not make your car clearly handle different than the rest of the cars either. Talent makes your lap times more consistent. Consistent over a race. Consistent over a career. I haven't seen a guy yet who gets 3 or 4 tenths more than the best of his peers, year after year.
    This entire thread could and should have been summed up with this post. It simply cannot be said any simpler (and more correct) than this and it's baffling why some people can't grasp this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    This entire thread could and should have been summed up with this post. It simply cannot be said any simpler (and more correct) than this and it's baffling why some people can't grasp this.
    Explain it then. Cause I don't think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    you guys are correct RTJ is an excellent driver. He gets in multiple different types of cars from late models, midgets, micro's, modifieds, stock cars and wheels them all to the front. They are majority owned by other people so the level of equipment and preparation may not be SSI motorsports caliber. I don't think anyone is giving him credit as a driver that also understands the cars and can relay what needs to be done back to the crew. And possibly running all those other classes he has picked up something that he was able to apply to his late model program.

I have also noticed how they don't seem to be as concerned about getting over on the RF so hard and the right side roll appears more balanced or maybe rolling more to the RR and the nose isnt always sealed to the ground. They seem to get the dreaded aero push less than alot of other guys. The whole balance of the car is different than all the other Horns