Default Alcohol questions

What is a better Mechanical fuel pump to use? I hear a lot of people say they have problems with Mechanical pumps and that the belt driven pumps throw belts.... New to the alcohol program...

ProCam pump by Baker is a great pump if you use a mechanical one. Also use a good throttle bypass to set your idle pressure if using mechanical.

CV Products also has good mechanical pumps for alky

I use Pro Cam. I broke 2 of those cheap Renegade pumps in about a months time. Haven't had a problem since going to the Pro Cam. I use the diaphragm bypass that goes on the back of the fuel log and haven't had any problems.

Personally I've had bad and good luck with all different pumps edelbrock,BG,procam and am currently using the cheap speedway pump which in my opinion is the best bang for the buck!The biggest issue I run into is pressure problems when using diaphram bypass's.I treid a bunch of them but always go back to the C&S linkage bypass easy to set and fail safe.The whols setup is 1/2 the cost of the belt system be cause u still have to buy a bypass unless you spend the bucks on a kse system.the ball valve style works with all the carbs provided the base plate secondary shaft is drilled and tapped.

Racepump, Its built in N. carolina by Howard Stewert that use to own Stewart water pumps. Very good piece and I promise you won't find better service. I was passing through N.C. and was going to drop mine off and have in rebuilt but wasn't sure if I was going to make it during office hours. He gave me his cell# and home address just to make sure he got it. Got there in time and he just exchanged it so i didnt have to pay shipping home. Racepumps.com
    Last edited by th_racer; 12-05-2011 at 08:47 AM.

I was going to buy one of the racepumps, but, I was told I had to use there regulator. I didn't want to buy a new regulator.

Yes you do but there only $109 and use a ceramic ball to do the sealing so should last forever

I had good luck with the Pro Cam stuff. I run a KSE tandem pump now and I love it. I've never thrown a belt but I put new belt on every winter. I also check belt weekly as weekly just like a fan belt. Check tension and check for cracks,tears

The thing i really like about the racepump is theres 1 moving part. the ones built after 2005 should last a long long time because they went from an o-ring to a teflon seal and doubled the flow to 450 GPH. If they ever do need rebuilt its $10 for the kit or $50 if you want them to do it which is way cheaper than a kse rebuild. I had a 2005 model and it lasted till middle of this season with an o-ring.

I have a racepump with spare gaskets and regulator for alcohol almost new. Only used a handful of times. I'd like to sell it if anyone is interested.

Save the headaches and just look for a decent used KSE Setup. You'll be money ahead in the long run. You can get the dual setup with the power steering and fuel pump for around $300 used. I've been running the same pump since 2007, and bought it used with 3 years on it. They are simple to rebuild if you ever need to.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

been using the procam for 3 season with no issues.