Thread: Sbc dampener

Default Sbc dampener

Anyone out there have any recommendations for a good dampener for small block chevy race engine turned 8400 rpm. I have a ati super damper on 1 motor just wondering if maybe there was something compareable that was a little cheaper. Engine builder does not like the fluid damper. thanks for the input guys

ATI is the way to go...Do you really want to screw around and try to save $50?? Really??

X2. if you really need to save a few bucks good used ati's can be found for $150-$200

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    X2. if you really need to save a few bucks good used ati's can be found for $150-$200
    Ive been getting ati off ebay for exactly what luke said above.

Thanks for the replies guys. Not necessarily afraid to spend the money just thought there maybe something out there comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by smirk View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Not necessarily afraid to spend the money just thought there maybe something out there comparable.
    Nothing comparable that I know about.

All of my motors run the Powerbond Billet Balancer. I never have any issues and bearings look great at the end of the season. Before this last season we were turning 82-8500 on a regular basis. They are about $150 new. Nice pieces.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.