Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anti High Maintenance

Thought maybe we could get a thread going with a roll call of people that do not want to hear this guy in the race results thread.
    Maybe if we get enough names, they can keep him in the other section for promoting events, the
    press releases section, thats all he does.
    Dear 4M, before you delete this, you have a section devoted to press releases and pr,
    it says please do not use the other sections, all im asking is you follow your own guidelines.

MF0521
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-14-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    21- The Professor *47 - The Tallahassee Terror *58 -The Magicman
    If they are in the race, Lets face it, the battle is for 2nd !
    Facebook page ,Florida Dirt Late Model Posse

Quote Originally Posted by mf0521 View Post
    Thought maybe we could get a thread going with a roll call of peopler that do not want to hear this guy in the race results thread.
    Maybe if we get enough names, they can keep him in the other section for promoting events.

MF0521
    may be hard for that to happen when he has power on this forum, but i do agree some of his post are not really needed or out of place.

I have had many people say they wont ever go to screven because of him,
    you think someone would realize he is doing more harm than good.

I have had many people say they wont ever go to screven because of him,
    you think someone would realize he is doing more harm than good.
    ill be honest with as much advertisment and talk about screven being the place to be, i wasnt all that impress with the racing at the "winter freeze" i been to screven other times when the racing was better.. maybe it was bc of the cold,wind and the track didnt wanna work with them, the food was good nothing different then any other consession stand, may had some more choices thats bout it. pits where full of cars on fri then on sat you could see the empty spots as some when to wayx or just left. ill go back in july for the summer nationals, im sure the track will be much better

Quote Originally Posted by latemodel28d View Post
    ill be honest with as much advertisment and talk about screven being the place to be, i wasnt all that impress with the racing at the "winter freeze" i been to screven other times when the racing was better.. maybe it was bc of the cold,wind and the track didnt wanna work with them, the food was good nothing different then any other consession stand, may had some more choices thats bout it. pits where full of cars on fri then on sat you could see the empty spots as some when to wayx or just left. ill go back in july for the summer nationals, im sure the track will be much better
    I am thinking about going then too, I do want to check that place out.

Mark, please don't get mad with Screven Speedway because of Duane, he's a promoter, he not Screven Speedway. He does all types of promotions. He gets paid just like me and you, to do our job.

Ditto..........Remember this track owners/promoters.Super dlm racing is very expensive.If I bring sponsors and/or potenetial ones :1)they need a place to sit and be able to hear the announcer,2)they dont want to be in freezing cold due to poor track prep or too many support divisions (3-4 hr shows),3)be stuck in long concession lines for lengthy periods. I applaud Redd for trying but it sounds like from those who went, hes havingn the same issues as before. Hes got a good base if hell invest some more CASH in the facility.

Drttrk244- What has Redd or Screven done to you? Did your favorite driver never fair too well there? I have also toured with a driver for ten years, and Screven's racing surface is one of my favorites. You said he needs to put some cash into it? You must not remember the place when he first started running late models. Yes he needs some bleachers and a little lipstick here and there.

latemodel28- I am not sure how many racing concession stands, if any I have went to that have hamburgers that are better than the one I had Friday night.

Obviously the racers must be pretty happy with him, looks like he is leading the speedweeks car count. Good chance he will win that contest this year.

Quote Originally Posted by macro646 View Post
    Drttrk244- What has Redd or Screven done to you? Did your favorite driver never fair too well there? I have also toured with a driver for ten years, and Screven's racing surface is one of my favorites. You said he needs to put some cash into it? You must not remember the place when he first started running late models. Yes he needs some bleachers and a little lipstick here and there.

latemodel28- I am not sure how many racing concession stands, if any I have went to that have hamburgers that are better than the one I had Friday night.

Obviously the racers must be pretty happy with him, looks like he is leading the speedweeks car count. Good chance he will win that contest this year.
    Speedweeks is only 5 days old..... besides about 11 cars left after Friday programs, technically lowing the car count to 45, barely beating out Eastbay.

If this Duane guy is getting paid, then he should show some professionalism in doing his job. No need to hijack every thread with the same post.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 02-14-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macro646 View Post

My first time there was the Lucas race several years ago. I have not been there in 2 years.If he has made improvements, thats good, because he should.Do you think maybe hes trying to do too much other stuff and not concentrating on the circle track? We southerners like to eat, but we dont need a full course meal at the track. Give me a good burger,corn dog,fries and tea as fast as possible and ill be fine.I go to watch racin, ill eat good later.There again, maybe Redd is trying to do too much there.Hes got a good racy little track, just fix those "tiny" pit stands so everyone in the pits can see the whole track.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    My first time there was the Lucas race several years ago. I have not been there in 2 years.If he has made improvements, thats good, because he should.Do you think maybe hes trying to do too much other stuff and not concentrating on the circle track? We southerners like to eat, but we dont need a full course meal at the track. Give me a good burger,corn dog,fries and tea as fast as possible and ill be fine.I go to watch racin, ill eat good later.There again, maybe Redd is trying to do too much there.Hes got a good racy little track, just fix those "tiny" pit stands so everyone in the pits can see the whole track.
    agree those stands in the pits could be taller, cant really see from the pits, i personally believe the best seat in the house is on the hill in turns 1&2. bc you can actually see the whole track

agree those stands in the pits could be taller, cant really see from the pits, i personally believe the best seat in the house is on the hill in turns 1&2. bc you can actually see the whole track
    True......sat there at the Lucas race.Dang, that clay hurts sometimes...dont it!

Quote Originally Posted by ALASKA54 View Post
    Mark, please don't get mad with Screven Speedway because of Duane, he's a promoter, he not Screven Speedway. He does all types of promotions. He gets paid just like me and you, to do our job.
    I definately hope to go to screven for the southern nationals this year. looking forward to it.
    As far as Duane, I can appreciate him doing his job, I just ask that he dont hijack every thread
    to promote his event and bash others that coincides with his. Simple request.
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-14-2012 at 10:58 PM.

I definately hope to go to screven for the southern nationals this year. looking forward to it.
    As far as Duane, I can appreciate him doing his job, I just ask that he dont hijack every thread
    to promote his event and bash others that coincides with his. Simple request.
    DITTO........With all the hype, i thought Forrest Lucas had bought it, and turned it into another Lucas Oil Speedway. As a business owner, I try to give my customers more than they expect. Theres no way, Red could have lived up to all that hype. JMO

Thought maybe we could get a thread going with a roll call of people that do not want to hear this guy in the race results thread.
    Maybe if we get enough names, they can keep him in the other section for promoting events, the
    press releases section, thats all he does.
    Dear 4M, before you delete this, you have a section devoted to press releases and pr,
    it says please do not use the other sections, all im asking is you follow your own guidelines.

MF0521
    Is this all you have to worry about??? Geez get a life! Don't like it, don't read it.... Some people may not like Duane Goins, but give the man his dues...he is a mover and a shaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Is this all you have to worry about??? Geez get a life! Don't like it, don't read it.... Some people may not like Duane Goins, but give the man his dues...he is a mover and a shaker...
    A mover and shaker of what?????

Its kind of hard not to read when he hijacks every single thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    You mean like Elvis Presley?

Mind if I put in a plug for another Percy Sledge Concert before someone else does?
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 02-15-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Duane has got as much right as any so called keyboard wizard on here . Who the hell died and left your ass boss ???????????? The man is doin his job and this is one of many avenues to do it .
    Last edited by racinred; 02-15-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by racinred View Post
    Duane has got as much right as any so called keyboard wizard on here . Who the hell died and left your ass boss ???????????? The man is doin his job and this is one of many avenues to do it .
    Your exactly right, and they have a section specifically for it.
    Press release section is designed for all pr stuff
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-15-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Okay, I`ll play ...ya drew me out..

Dear Mr 'M'F ...

1. I have already mentioned that I never posted anything about Screven until after someone ELSE had mentioned it.

( ACTUALLY.. I said " opened that line of discovery "..but maybe I overestimated your vocab skills )

You seem to have a thing about beating a dead horse.

As most on here already know, in the past I have deleted stuff back after the event to drop the

threads back to create space for others, but since you chose to go t after me...

I`ll get my money`s worth & just leave it all up there & they can thank you for it .

2. The phone calls w questions & messages for any event contain the same questions that get

covered over& over on the message boards.

Not everyone reads them but it helps reduce the redundancy and opens up time to get other things things done.
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com