Default Water leak from header bolts

What is the best to use? Thread tape, thread sealer or just hi-temp silicone?

Hi-Temp silicone is what I use and have'nt had any problems with it

Default water leak

I always use the teflon thread sealer without any problems.

How are you getting water from the header bolts, are they too long and busted into the water jacket in the head. There is usually not any water from the jacket to header bolt holes.

I would remove the headers and put a pressure test on the radiator from auto-zone and find out the problem before it becomes a bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post
    How are you getting water from the header bolts, are they too long and busted into the water jacket in the head. There is usually not any water from the jacket to header bolt holes.

I would remove the headers and put a pressure test on the radiator from auto-zone and find out the problem before it becomes a bigger problem.
    not uncommon at all. especially on world heads. i cant believe such an expert in your field with years of experience didnt know of such a common issue. maybe the dumb racers know more than what the "expert" thinks...lol

yea c'mon...

SC5,
    Been a long time since I have seen a pair of "TURD" World heads. Most decent manufacturers don't send out leakers, especially from header bolt holes. If it was my customers stuff I would call Worlds customer service and tell them I had another leaker and make them send me out a good pair that don't leak.

If I had to keep the heads I would drill and tap them with a taper tap for a short height set screw and install with green lock-tite and seal the problem for good.

Never said anything about "dumb racers" but sounds like you have the normal fix, just wad up some silicone or thread tape on it rather than fix it right.

and its even in worlds instructions...lol

http://www.worldcastings.com/product...df_file-26.pdf

"ATTENTION:
    ALL EXHAUST, VALVE COVER, INTAKE AND ROCKER STUDS AND/OR BOLTS MUST HAVE SEALER APPLIED TO THEM AS SOME OF THEM
    GO INTO WATER."

keep on keeping on "expert"
    Last edited by stockcar5; 05-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.

How dumb do you have to be to purchase brand new heads and let the builder warn you that they might leak so you might have to patch them???

Keep on buying that junk that you have to patch up once you get it !!!

Default easy now!

How dumb do you have to be to purchase brand new heads and let the builder warn you that they might leak so you might have to patch them???

Keep on buying that junk that you have to patch up once you get it !!!
    ease up, if he's running a wissota car its the only heads we can run! ( not saying they're good, just saying why we got 'em) i'll agree there's way better heads out there for the same money. all these parts with "stickers" on them are screwin' up racin'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeltjen View Post
    ease up, if he's running a wissota car its the only heads we can run! ( not saying they're good, just saying why we got 'em) i'll agree there's way better heads out there for the same money. all these parts with "stickers" on them are screwin' up racin'!!!
    He got proven wrong again and got upset about it, it happens often.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    He got proven wrong again and got upset about it, it happens often.
    That is the post of the year!

I used Red Silicone and all seems to be fine.

You all are definitely the folks Jeff Foxworthy talks about.

I have done work in both cylinder head manufacturing plants WPi and Dart. The heads you are talking about are called Blems or Seconds.

First line heads should pass 30psi pressure test. No leaks anywhere!!!

They are not intentionally sold to the public and will be replaced for free if you ship them back.

As far as being wrong I have been 1000 times and I'm not scared to admit it but about something as stupid as leaking exhaust bolt holes in Chevy heads that is a pile of crap. I could care less what you think of my post, what I can tell you if you are dumb enough to buy and run leakers you deserve what you get.

I don't care what your head options are, the owners of both Dart and World Products will gladly replace heads that leak water, I should know I have sent complete pallets back when I used to build a spec engine using Darts and World heads.

Lol, now youve had pallets of them to send back... Above you were too smart and NEVER would buy heads with the warning or had any leakers, bla bla bla.

I like how your retarded azz avoids threads

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?247...89#post1537889

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Lol, now youve had pallets of them to send back... Above you were too smart and NEVER would buy heads with the warning or had any leakers, bla bla bla.

I like how your retarded azz avoids threads

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?247...89#post1537889
    Jeff look at the time stamps on this and his reply to the thread you linked. Atook him 30 min to think of a reply! Then he had to make claims that were lies again, gladly Steve Hendren posted proving him wrong again.

You all are definitely the folks Jeff Foxworthy talks about.

I have done work in both cylinder head manufacturing plants WPi and Dart. The heads you are talking about are called Blems or Seconds.

First line heads should pass 30psi pressure test. No leaks anywhere!!!

They are not intentionally sold to the public and will be replaced for free if you ship them back.

As far as being wrong I have been 1000 times and I'm not scared to admit it but about something as stupid as leaking exhaust bolt holes in Chevy heads that is a pile of crap. I could care less what you think of my post, what I can tell you if you are dumb enough to buy and run leakers you deserve what you get.

I don't care what your head options are, the owners of both Dart and World Products will gladly replace heads that leak water, I should know I have sent complete pallets back when I used to build a spec engine using Darts and World heads.
    Wrong. World knows that they go into water and it says it right in their instructions. Seal it, plug it, not a big deal.