Default Switching to a belt drive fuel system

I have always used block mount alcohol pumps with the C&S style regulator on the log. Finally tired of replacing pumps so we are switching over to a Jones belt drive system. Can I use the same regulator setup or should I switch to the diaphragm style? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by circle dirt View Post
    I have always used block mount alcohol pumps with the C&S style regulator on the log. Finally tired of replacing pumps so we are switching over to a Jones belt drive system. Can I use the same regulator setup or should I switch to the diaphragm style? Thanks
    You will want a regulator with a return line to the pump. We tried several other styles and always ended up back with a return line.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    You will want a regulator with a return line to the pump. We tried several other styles and always ended up back with a return line.
    I take it ,you meant a Return line to the cell,,,,, Thats what I have now. # 10 to the pump ,#8 to the log and #8 return off the linkage valve regulator back to the cell. I know that I have to run a return but didn't know if there was a better choice as far as style of regulator. Linkage style or diaphram.
    Last edited by circle dirt; 05-11-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by circle dirt View Post
    I take it ,you meant a Return line to the cell,,,,, Thats what I have now. # 10 to the pump ,#8 to the log and #8 return off the linkage valve regulator back to the cell. I know that I have to run a return but didn't know if there was a better choice as far as style of regulator. Linkage style or diaphram.
    Yes, Cell, to many late nights at work. We have used both and it is really seems to be builders choice. The linkage ones are hard to beat but must be set correctly, We used a pill style and had no issues.

The linkage bypass won't work with a belt drive. We went to the diaphram bypass and blocked off the pill in the KSE pump.