Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bubba Raceway Park, Ocala, 5000 to win, June 1 and 2, UDLMS

Looking forward to this weekend at BRP, 2 nights of racing, 5000 for late models both nights............
    21- The Professor *47 - The Tallahassee Terror *58 -The Magicman
    If they are in the race, Lets face it, the battle is for 2nd !
    Facebook page ,Florida Dirt Late Model Posse

Default Here's the story of The Powell Memorial

http://floridaflagstand.com/2012/05/...-raceway-park/
    Would love to see about 40 late models, each night.

Quote Originally Posted by ALASKA54 View Post
    http://floridaflagstand.com/2012/05/...-raceway-park/
    Would love to see about 40 late models, each night.
    is that possible anymore abround this area? tracks will rather work against each other then with each other. least there isnt a nlms event this weekend. wayx aint running, gis aint runinng. any track running lm this weekend near them? what about nfs? cochran is having a 2k special this weekend start of a new series (american late model series) its a 7 race deal bw cochran and 441. needmore is running this weekend.

Lake City is running this weekend but not late models. You would think with this amount of money it would pull some racers out of Bama, like William Thomas or others from that area.

The stars are lined up to get max participation, all depends on how many of the waycross/gis cars
    head south. Im thinking 30 to 35 cars.

Waycross/GIS cars usually stay close to their home track, don't travel! Some of the cars that raced at Needmore have traveled to Florida before and may this week end. Hopefully some of the cars from around Albany/ Columbus Georgia area will make the trip, especially for 5K each night. Hoping for real good car count.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsgm View Post
    Waycross/GIS cars usually stay close to their home track, don't travel! Some of the cars that raced at Needmore have traveled to Florida before and may this week end. Hopefully some of the cars from around Albany/ Columbus Georgia area will make the trip, especially for 5K each night. Hoping for real good car count.
    hopefully im wrong but i just dont see that many cars. maybe 30. the professor is gonna be hard to beat

Quote Originally Posted by latemodel28d View Post
    hopefully im wrong but i just dont see that many cars. maybe 30. the professor is gonna be hard to beat
    I think you are right, unfortunately. I wish it wasn't a Hoosier only deal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think you are right, unfortunately. I wish it wasn't a Hoosier only deal.
    yea us too

What's the weather look like in Ocala?

Team Outlaw is heading south, I know Shan is driving and I think Randy Weaver may also be running.

heard 27 lm where there

1. 02- nosbisch
    2. 46- padgent
    3. 35- ausperger
    4. 71- allen
    Only 7 cars running at the end whitener was still out there but don't know where he was scored maybe 5th. Lloyd was running 3rd or 4th, stopped on the front straightaway to get a fresh helmet and was d-qed for his dad being the one who exchanged it on the racetrack. Without a doubt the worse race I have ever seen at Ocala they probably won't even have enough cars to make a full starting field tomorrow!!!

[QUOTE=dalexander19;1539168]1. 02- nosbisch
    2. 46- padgent
    3. 35- ausperger
    4. 71- allen
    Only 7 cars running at the end whitener was still out there but don't know where he was scored maybe 5th. Lloyd was running 3rd or 4th, stopped on the front straightaway to get a fresh helmet and was d-qed for his dad being the one who exchanged it on the racetrack. Without a doubt the worse race I have ever seen at Ocala they probably won't even have enough cars to make a full starting field tomorrow!!

Heard dent was dqed for both nights, was they any other altercation that went down when he stoped? Heard track was awful.

[QUOTE=latemodel28d;1539209]
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexander19 View Post
    1. 02- nosbisch
    2. 46- padgent
    3. 35- ausperger
    4. 71- allen
    Only 7 cars running at the end whitener was still out there but don't know where he was scored maybe 5th. Lloyd was running 3rd or 4th, stopped on the front straightaway to get a fresh helmet and was d-qed for his dad being the one who exchanged it on the racetrack. Without a doubt the worse race I have ever seen at Ocala they probably won't even have enough cars to make a full starting field tomorrow!!

Heard dent was dqed for both nights, was they any other altercation that went down when he stoped? Heard track was awful.
    He refused to follow the black flag for several laps. Then he stopped abruptly on the frontstretch with I think Ausberger hitting him. He argued with an official who approached the car and he got out with the official right there in his window. I don't know if there was any contact between them or what was said?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

That race was something else.
    More like an enduro race.
    Track will probably be good tonight, but who knows how many cars will race due to last nights carnage.

Per Ivedent Lloyds Fan Page: tonite will be the last Powell Memorial in history!!! To much info to tell the whole story just go to his page and read it! All I can say is way to go Bubba u sure done it this time!!! On Facebook.

The rules at MANY tracks state that if a crew member sets foot on the track for any reason the driver is DQ'd. Ivedent has raced enough to know that that is a rule. If his dad walked onto the track to give him a helmet then that is the correct call. I would commend the track for not allowing one person to ignore the rules because of who they are. I have see WAY to many tracks run Friday/Saturday shows where you qulaify on one day and race the next. The tracks make a bunch of money and they drivers get paid once even thhough they pay 2 times for everyone to get into the track. With our team and a $30 per person pit enterance fee it was $120 to get in each night. If it was a 2 day event where you qualify and then race the next night that is $240 just to get thru the gate and not even enter the event, there is CONSTANTLY people saying they wish a track would run 2 events and pay both nights, Bubba decides to pay both nights and someone gets upset about it??? Ask the drivers if they would rather pay for 2 nights and get paid for one OR pay for 2 night and race for both, then ask the fans if tehy would like to pay for 2 nights to see qualifying one night and racing another or if they would rather pay 2 and watch 2 complete events. I think it is a no brainer that the drivers AND fans would rather have 2 full events, make the drivers and fans happy and they will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by dalexander19 View Post
    Per Ivedent Lloyds Fan Page: tonite will be the last Powell Memorial in history!!! To much info to tell the whole story just go to his page and read it! All I can say is way to go Bubba u sure done it this time!!! On Facebook.
    FYI, if the track ownes the rights to the event they can have it every year even without the familly involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    FYI, if the track ownes the rights to the event they can have it every year even without the familly involved.
    Yea bud got no problem with what happened rules are rules and if ure gonna dq 1 person u better do it for all, reguardless if u are the most popular driver at the track. But I do agree with the powells on the format of the race it's been the same for the past 16 years until bubba changed it. How the hell u gonna run a memorial race and have 2 different winners. It about respect and honor of those people's names, if that's how they want it run that's how it should be. Bubba has got lots of other two day shows paying $ to win both nites.