Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Car Camara?

What is the best software to use too edit your video fo the go pro?

what do you want for the catch cam does it work or just parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Any idea what Lucas uses for their on-board cameras on their televised deals?
    All are GoPro that are on the cars. You can see them on some of the pictures and videos. They do not use the GoPro mounts though. They have a more ridgid mount and after breaking 3 of the roll bar mounts I'll probably get getting one like they use as well.

These are all of my videos shot with the GoPro:

http://www.youtube.com/user/merc21782

The GoPro 2 (new one) has a WHOLE lot better video than the original, especially at night. I use the R5 setting for all of my shots.

Any more recomendations? Seems like mixed felling between contour and go-pro. Thanks

I was at wal mart getting a menory card and they hae a new system for 89.00 that is slimmer than my go pro and uses the same type mount.I like the go pro but it was a little hard to figure out at first.

i know this is old but curious how many MB SD card most of you are using. We run 20-25 lap races but sometimes turn into a crash fest 30 plus minutes to finish up.

MERC123 did you ever find the other mounts? If so who/where did you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    i know this is old but curious how many MB SD card most of you are using. We run 20-25 lap races but sometimes turn into a crash fest 30 plus minutes to finish up.

I use a 16 GB card.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I use a 16 GB card.
    Same here. Should be good for about an hour at 720p.

Amazon is having a huge same in flash memory right now if you're looking for a card.

8 is bare minimum for a race. I use a 16 on mine but that was because I couldn't find any affordable 32's. I can usually get two races on a 16 GB card just in case I forget to delete the week's prior race.

I have found some other mounts and cases, but the cost of them weren't feasible ($199). Lucas Oil uses a certain kind of arm mount that I saw for I think ~$40. I just haven't bough it. It's not as easily removed like the GoPro roll bar mount because it uses hose clamps. If you pre-mount it, which I always do unless I rent my GoPro out, it shouldn't be a big deal though.

Here's the mount..found it. RAM makes it. Cheapest I found was on Amazon. I'll probably buy this one for next year.

RAM Mounting Systems RAM Mount GoPro Hero ATV/UTV Strap Clamp Roll Bar Mount

Here's the suction cup version:

RAM-B-166-A-GOP1U: RAM Twist Lock Suction Cup Mount, Short Double Socket Arm & 1" Diameter Ball with Custom GoPro Hero Adapter

You could also buy this ball thing and bolt it down to the sheet metal then attach the mount arm to it:

RAM Mounting Systems RAM-B-202AU 1-Inch Rubber Ball Base with 1/4-Inch 20 Stud For Camera
    Last edited by merc123; 12-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Also here is the replacement lenses... I haven't had to replace one yet.

GoPro lens

32GB memory card...it's a class 10 card so it should be perfect
    32GB Memory card

16 GB for half price of the 32
    16 GB memory card
    Last edited by merc123; 12-05-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    For the TWO race nights you raced you would be fine with a 4 or 8gb.
    Thanks for checking the facebook page every view is much appreciated.

Sadly...one of the cameras I rented out only had an 8GB memory card in it. The 45 minute caution they had attempted to extract a racer in a bad wreck caused the feature race to have a total of 4 laps.

It's cheap...you're talking under $50 for a large memory card where people spend $5,000 for 2 extra horsepower.

The AVERAGE size of one night of racing for me was 4 GB. That's hot laps, heat race and feature. Unless you buy the wireless setup or have an on/off button in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, go big or go home. What really sucks is when you run the best race of your life only to find out at the end the memory card ran out of space because you forgot to delete the other race.

Oh, I only had about 12 races this past season and I only finished 2 actual races. Just to save you time in sharp shooting my qualifications. No sense visting my signature links.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I could care less about your stats, maybe if you follow me around on here for a few years yike powerslide talking (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about me youll get on my radar.

What kind of camera did you rent, Ive left mine on from the heat race until I got home... 4-5 hours and it was still recording. Mines a contour roam.
    Well go ahead and like me on FB and follow my twitter.

I rent a GoPro. The Contour is only a 60FPS/720p camera if you have the Roam2. To GoPro's film in full HD, 1080p at a 30FPS rate. It also depends on the video compression codecs they use. 1080p on a GoPro is about 12 minutes per GB. So you should get 96 minutes for an 8 GB memory card on a GoPro, which is pretty close. I get nearly 3 hours with my 16 GB and have ridden all the way home from the races with it on after I loaded up and forgot to turn it off.

The GoPro is a little difficult to turn on/off. I always had someone else do it for me and then make sure the light was flashing. I have mine to start recording as soon as it is turned on. That way as soon as it comes on it's recording without another button push. Eventually I'd like to get the new Hero3 black edition which has the wireless remote. That way my pit crew can do it from the trailer.

I'd look into the Go Pro Hero 3. I have the hero 2 and having that remote on it would be very nice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tag=the00b0-20