Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default North Ga. Speedway kicks of "Let's get dirty" Weekend!

North Georgia Speedway's
    Lets Get Dirty Weekend!
    Sept 22 & 23 2012
    Chatsworth Ga.

For the weekend show that will feature a concert by Country Recording Artist Cody McCarver here are a few of the details that are in place,
    EVERY CAR WILL QUALIFY!
    Crate's will race for $3000.00 to win!
    Limited will race for $1500.00 to win!
    $30.00 entry fee for each of these 2 classes.
    Qualifying and heats will take place Saturday night!
    With features on Sunday Afternoon! Stay Tuned for MORE!!!!

More detail's later... This bag of tricks is loaded! Just wait for more to come out!
    If they are going to outlaw a plant, shouldn't it be poison ivy??????
    http://topofthebox.wordpress.com/
    the dr........ Not following directions since 1959!

You might want to reconsider the dates. That weekend Dixie has the Monster Trucks and the last few years that has been one of their best crowds each year. The next weekend Dixie isnt racing so not only would you draw Dixie cars you would be able to draw Dixie fans also... JMO

Quote Originally Posted by RacedudeGa View Post
    You might want to reconsider the dates. That weekend Dixie has the Monster Trucks and the last few years that has been one of their best crowds each year. The next weekend Dixie isnt racing so not only would you draw Dixie cars you would be able to draw Dixie fans also... JMO
    the date stands, this is not just a race, its a $3000 to win crate race, with a concert from Singer Cody McCarver. and we are 100 miles north of Dixie, they don't bother us much... they hav lots of people down that want we got a few up here... we will stick with the dtes but thanks!

60 miles

Those two tracks share a pretty sizeable fan base from about Kennesaw north. But then again what do we know we're not doctors.

Hope its a good profitable show.

Fans and drivers have a choice. I'm not seeing a problem here.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by drflavio309 View Post
    the date stands, this is not just a race, its a $3000 to win crate race, with a concert from Singer Cody McCarver. and we are 100 miles north of Dixie, they don't bother us much... they hav lots of people down that want we got a few up here... we will stick with the dtes but thanks!
    according to Google maps it's 60.5 miles and takes 1 hour & 12 mins to drive. If you think that Dixie & N Ga dont draw part of their fans & cars from the same area you are sadly mistaken. I'm sure there are quite a few drivers & fans who make the decision on which track they want to go to on sat according to what is happening at the tracks.

It doesnt matter how much N Ga is paying to win Crates or any other class or the fact there is a concert. There will be some people who will choose to go watch the Monster Trucks at Dixie and will drive by N Ga to get there because the Monster Trucks is something that they dont get the chance to see in the area very often. You may get some people who will go to Dixie fri & sat and then come to N Ga on Sunday afternoon, but probably not a lot since it's hard to pay for 3 nights in today's economy.

My suggestion was based on the fact that the next weekend the drivers & fans who regularly go to Dixie will either have to sit home or find somewhere else to go watch or race. But as BK stated, we're not Doctors so we dont have any clue what we are talking about.

It's not a problem, it's just just that you could have a weekend all to yourself, or you can split up a fan base and make less at the gate. I'm a capitalist, more is better.

I'm not knocking Jason. Lord knows he's got a lot on his plate. I just hope he's listening to the right people.

thank you both for your concerns! hope to see you at the races!

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    It's not a problem, it's just just that you could have a weekend all to yourself, or you can split up a fan base and make less at the gate. I'm a capitalist, more is better.

I'm not knocking Jason. Lord knows he's got a lot on his plate. I just hope he's listening to the right people.
    Exactly what i was trying to suggest BK... I also hope this new promoter makes a go of it. So far they seem to be going in the right direction. I also hope he listens to people who are truthfully wanting to help him & the track and not just people who want to push their own agenda and make themselves look good.

BTW MDB you have posted some really nice pictures. Wish you would come to TST. Glenn Katauskas takes some awesome shots there, but he doesnt come on a regular basis.

need to add 700 to win mod hobby 500 to win b hobby 500 to win stock pony then you will really bring the gate up

I'm all for having NGS prosperous its home, and I love the place. In business you win with people and hard work. You don't with people who are more concerned with being a personality than having actual knowledge of what they are doing.

Jason Jones from what Ive seen is passionate and cares. That's huge, and good luck to him.

I agree about MDB.....great photos.

Quote Originally Posted by RacedudeGa View Post
    Exactly what i was trying to suggest BK... I also hope this new promoter makes a go of it. So far they seem to be going in the right direction. I also hope he listens to people who are truthfully wanting to help him & the track and not just people who want to push their own agenda and make themselves look good.

BTW MDB you have posted some really nice pictures. Wish you would come to TST. Glenn Katauskas takes some awesome shots there, but he doesnt come on a regular basis.
    Last edited by B_K; 08-03-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Monster trucks at Dixie will not effect North Ga at all. Drivers will be off, and the crowd we get at Monster trucks is totally different from the racing crowd.

I agree, and I would imagine that if you have a country artist willing to perform a concert you have to work with there schedule and not Dixie's. So lets get dirty and watch some action packed dirt trackin at its best with a great country artist threw in the mix for a great weekend of excitement!!!

never heard of cody mccarver, but i dont listen to country.
    victim

Cody was with confederate railroad before going out on his own, We have went to see him at the Tivoli in Chattanooga, Tn for six strings at sunset and he was very good. If your a true American dirt track racing redneck than you need to convert and listen to country!! lol

Real dirt track fans don't care about monster trucks...that's kid stuff.

Default Monster truck

Got find some where to go watching racing when Dixie has the M onster truck like the one before me this is kids stuff,

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    never heard of cody mccarver, but i dont listen to country.
    the band primus has a song about racing
    victim

And a big brown beaver.....

Jerry was a race car driver...