Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the bars are all free i check that all the time, thats a pet peeve of mine. well im going to move the lr coilover to in front of the rearend and put the spring back over the axle and shock behind on the rr. im going to leave the straight bar on but get a longer one so i can drop it down a hole and get more pinion.
    then im going to mover the right upper bar down. i would love to change the pull bar but we dont have one handy or the money really this week. um any suggestions on anything else i should do for this weekend. oh and if i put turns in the right front , like putting more pressure on the spring, how will that effect the car? thank you guys again so much.

your right side is clamped also.Put it back on top of the tube, or change birdcages to put it on the cage. What you have will drive the rr and unload the lr which will kill your traction when slick. It ought to go good on the hammer down stuff though.

I would put a steel straight / panhard bar on there with jam nuts on both ends. I wouldn't trust the way you have it now.
    Spring ahead on LR and on top RR will help the car a bunch, and I wouldn't change anymore than that to start with. Should be much better without any other changes.

Cool

The mounting of the LR coilover is your problem.
    If mounted solid to the axle it must be in front so the spring will load under acceleration.
    If you keep it behind it must be floated on the birdcage. The way
    you have it mounted it will unload the rear spring "or take away bite" while you're on the throttle.
    Once you change that you'll be looking for ways to loosen the car insted of tightening it !

Okay guys. i love all the help im getting. i would never get this help from guys around here. so i just got in from the garage and heres all the things i did. i put the left rear coilover in front of the axle with a 200 spring. then on the right rear i put the spring over axle with a 175 and the shock behind the reared.
    then i moved my right rear lower bar back down one hole, also moved the right rear upper bar back down one hole ( so back to our base set up). then the left rear lower bar back up a hole.
    then i took off my straight bar and got a little longer one so i could add some pinion angle.
    ill go out tomorrow night and see how she does. i really appreciate all the help guys. ill be back sunday to let you know how it went.
    and if i need anything else ill be back cause you guys are awesome and made me realize so much on this car! thanks for teaching.

hey guys. first off i want to thank you for getting me my first ever modified heat win! it felt great. but after the heat my car got really loose well after the feature me and my dad
    caught the fact that our left rear birdcage slid over and moved the rearend to the right which is what im guessing made us so loose. but well get it back and go again. but again
    guys i want to thank you so much for getting me that win. it had been a long time coming and i finally got to show my talent as a driver. you dont know how much holding that
    checkered flag meant to me and my dad. even though it was just a heat it felt like a feature win to me and its all because you guys. thanks!

yeah if anything you want the axle to go left as it slicks.

I also don't recommend those light weight aluminum tubes for panhard; however I've seen guys run them on Lates and not have a problem. We always use the Aluminum Hex tube, it's plenty strong and light.

Now... on the birdcage deal; it really shouldn't change your lateral positioning on your axle. That's what the Panhard bar is for. If your birdcage moves it could still effect your handling, but not from changing the lateral on the axle.

You've got more room on the frame and pinion; drop that straight bar down when it slicks. keep your rake the same though since it was good for the heat; see how far you can go down on the frame first, and then pick the appropriate hole on the pinion to keep rake same. further down the better for slick. If you're not increasing rake much, i'd say go clear down on pinion and as far down as you can on frame. worst case you'll be too tight, and sounds like you haven't had that problem yet.

birdcage did not actually move but the rearend did somehow. nothing seems bent so im going to check to see if anything is binding up.
    as for us getting looser as the night went on. it seems "somehow" our left front weight jack got loosened and it had taken turns out as i raced.
    so that is what im guessing caused us to get so loose. any other ideas you guys have to help me out next race weekend?

Put the J bar back on centered on the pinion with 5.5" split between mounting points.
    With the spring on the housing you should have a 200+ spring
    Short panhard bars are to inconsistant.