Default Oil and Filters, where to purchase

I'm thinking about buying some oil and filters over the winter in the quanity we normally use during season. Locally its gotten a little more expensive and I might could save a few dollars. Thanks

What filters you use might help...
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Sorry, Wix racing filters for sbc. I will have to look for the number. Thanks

If its a stock location mounted deal I get wix filters from o'rilley auto parts for my daily drivers they stock them good to go no reason with the part numbers they cant get the racing style too but it may be same dont know never crossed part numbers. Said they can also order the 2qt filters that I run with my remote deal with cooler but havent tried cus I have a bunch I got from my local NAPA dealer that can order them too though it took some work to fianlly get them to order that many lol
    Last edited by DANNY; 08-12-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Look your wix number up on e-bay..I buy by the case and can usually find a great deal on there that way.....

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do, thanks again.

Default Wix Racing Oil Filter 51069R

If you have a Bumper to Bumper in your area, they run a promotion every year in the spring on Wix Oil Filters. Around here normally a filter will run you about $11, but during the promotion they have a rebate (where the stores does the paperwork). I believe that I bought them at a little over $5 a filter. I ended up getting 24 for about the same price as I would have got 12. That is where I will be going to get all of my filters from now one. I went later in the promotion and had to wait a week for the store to order them and get them in. But we werent racing yet anyway, so no big deal.

The 51069R is a short filter for a SBC. Im not sure what the part number is for the tall filter, though.

NAPA also offers a filter deal to a customer buying over a certain amount every year...ask them and they might sell you a fitler under a volume account..save alot but racing filters are not part of the program...

WIX Filters - www.rockauto.com

Thank yall very much, will have to check with local stores again in the spring, didn't know they did that.
    Odie42, are those not name brand parts any good or stick to the name brand stuff? Excellent prices for what I looked up that I've bought in the last year. Also the Wix filter was a good bit cheaper. Thanks for all the help.

Default WIX Tall Filter

Quote Originally Posted by washeduptoo View Post
    Sorry, Wix racing filters for sbc. I will have to look for the number. Thanks
    The part number for the tall WIX Racing filter for the SBC is 51061R, and like I put above the short filter is 51069R. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. I finally worked off and will get a chance to see what number is on the car but I think its the short one. Thanks again everyone.

I always stick to the name brand stuff. I buy all my WIX oil and air filters along with NGK spark plugs and FELPRO gaskets from rockauto

Okay and thanks.

I bought 2 cases of the 51060R on ebay from seller "genparts3" last year. Price for everything including shipping ended up being $6.71 per filter. Tough to beat that price!

**I am NOT genparts3, nor do I know this seller...just letting you know it worked out for me last year.

Thanks for the information, that is a great price.

discountfleetsupply.com $73 for case of 12 short wix

If you mail order them, make sure you calculate shipping and handling cost into the price per filter.