Default quick fuels e85 carbs

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Also I'm wondering what fuel pump and and size line I need to run. Thanx for any help.

My advice would be to get a good one the first time FWIW. A good carb builder can tell you how to set up the whole thing. Either JDR, Willy's, possibly Stealth.

That makes since. How about a pump? Is a 110 gph going to cut it? And is #8 going to cut it as far as volume goes?
    Last edited by newguy; 09-09-2012 at 12:05 PM.

E-85 uses 35% more fuel than racing gas. Hopes that helps you.

I have been running quick fuel e85 for a couple seasons. Have a 750 and an 850. Alcohol pump with regulator set at 6 to 6.5 psi.
    We found we use only 10% more fuel than Racegas and a lot less than when we ran methanol. Runs so cool we have to run thermostats.
    Lots of myths and badmouthing running e85 out there. We have had nothing but good luck with the 850, the 750 stumbles little probably do to a lean idle circuit but not enough to spend the time to play with it.
    We run limited and superlatemodels. And about 70-75 race nights on each carb.
    Last edited by westlingracing; 09-18-2012 at 09:39 AM.

is there a compression limit on e85

My e85 carb builder said 14:1 is the limit. www.e85carbs.com

Wrestlingracing is 100% correct here. I run a Quick fuel carb for certain reasons at the drag strip on E85. Its a great carb. I have a DaVinci 850 for other classes as well but have NEVER had an issue with the QFT

I ran a friends Quick fuel 750 e85 carb earlier this season and had no complaints with it. It wasn't as smooth as my e85 carb but wasn't bad. It did use more fuel than what I normally burn with my carb so I'm guessing they must set them up fairly rich. I thought it was a decent piece for the price.

If "o.k." and "cheap" (drag racers) is all you want the bar is set low and you'll be o.k.. If you use a good one sometime you'll see what you're missing. Been there.

Dont know if I should take that as an insult or not, was only stating that the QFT carb worked fine. I assure you theres nothing cheap about my program.

It's not an insult but the low buck offshore stuff most bracket racers use wouldn't last a weekend in a dirt car. If they idle and run wide open they're fine for most, but wouldn't be competitive for circle track and it's going to come apart. We're talking about two different groups of people and parts. If it works for you, that's good.
    Last edited by 50j; 10-01-2012 at 02:37 PM.

You dont have to explain dirt car reliability, I have built several with many wins. Secondly, a carb, engine, or chassis set up is only as good the guy setting the thing up. All of our carbs are ran in on the Dyno, nothing comes out of the box and is ready to run. DaVinci, has been the closest to date, I wouldnt own a Barry Grant carb to save my life, they just flat out suck. I personally have both the QFT and DaVinci set up to drive and be smooth. There is more to drag racing then just punching the throttle, the mid range capabilities are just as important as the WOT, I dont like seeing the AFR go red for any reason. The better an engine runs across the board, the faster you will be, its that simple.

Just talk to this guy. http://jdrperformance.com/

We ran his E-85 carb on 3 different engines,a 12.1 377 a 13.7 388 with steel heads, a 13.1 406. This last year we did buy our own E-98 and blend it with unleded vp racing fuel. Only because it was to far for us to drive to get the pump E-85.
    No difference, was noticed by the driver. We only burned 10% more then vp racing fuel.Our engine guy had us put one pint of marvel mistry oil in a 55 galon drum. He said it just give it some more lube. Cheep insurance. Talk to JD he knows his stuff about E-85. Driveability in a carb is better then the 2 to maybe 10 hp in something thats only good for wide open throtte. Our driver rarely gets to run wide open all the time. tracks are slick.
    BUSTING OURS TO KICK YOURS