Thread: Carb main body

Default Carb main body

I have a Quick Fuel Alky 750 with the proform main body.....I want to replace the main body with a new HP main body. Are the main bodys the same between gas and alky or are they diffient????? I can find main bodys for sell but do not said if for gas or Alky. The metering blocks say weather for gas or Alky. Any info is helpful....Thx

Not the same.

Different boosters and bleeds
    It'll be fine

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to change the body?

After talking to a few friends that had the proform main body and put their motors on the dyno due to the motors not running up to the performance of the motors. They found out that the proform main body made 30 to 50 horse less than the hp main body. I was having the same problem as one of them with my carb. they said to change it. Im tried of buying carbs. if i can just change the main body i will use the rest of my carb.

Theres not 30-40hp difference between any main bodys.Maybe in the metering blocks,main jets,power valves,emulsion jets,squirters or whatever but not main bodys.

I was thinking the same thing Perf, I switched out my old non HP style body with the Proform body, with my blocks and a billet base plate and picked up 18. Not sure if the real hp body would have had more or not but there was a slight gain on my behalf