Default Hydraulic camshaft

Has anyone tried the Esslinger 2270 cam with hyd lifters on a 1/4 mile paved track? Car is a '89 mustang with 2300, 500cfm holley, stock oval port head and oval port intake. Rules state it must be hydraulic lift. Want to turn 7000 rpm

im wondering the same thing. just got a high flow D port head with oversized valves and shaved it .100. Ill be running a 350 with efi intake. Rules state stock type lifters only.

if you are running all stock and no port/polish,with that cam i believe it will respond much better,especially up off the corner using a 350 carb
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

no its not stock, i believe its an esslinger iron head. 1.9 valves and a mild cam. if you port and polish it you will only be able to get it to flow another 15cfm or so. ALso what size jets should I be using for that set up with 110 race gas?

Quote Originally Posted by camarofever View Post
    no its not stock, i believe its an esslinger iron head. 1.9 valves and a mild cam. if you port and polish it you will only be able to get it to flow another 15cfm or so. ALso what size jets should I be using for that set up with 110 race gas?
    ryan, that head is not legal at mrp, sds, or orland. you have to watch what you post as there are more people from our area on here then you think.

olin

Olin,hahaha i thought you were the same guy from sprintcarfan.com. Don't see too many guys named olin around. Im still running the stock head on my truck, this new head Im using on a mini stock im building for MRP in the future. Most of the guys there are running that head anyways. -Ryan Cherezian

Quote Originally Posted by camarofever View Post
    Olin,hahaha i thought you were the same guy from sprintcarfan.com. Don't see too many guys named olin around. Im still running the stock head on my truck, this new head Im using on a mini stock im building for MRP in the future. Most of the guys there are running that head anyways. -Ryan Cherezian
    ryan, between the engines those guys run and the economy i haven't run there since 2010. it's hard to justify a 150 mile round trip with my 2300s when they are running 2600-2850s. my mustang has been parked in the driveway since 2009. i keep the pinto running just for some fun or if a friend wants to drive it. i sold my nissan truck in 08 and just cut up my toyota mod for scrap last month. i have been looking into using a toyota pickup frame for a ministock with my mod engine at mrp and chico.

olin

shoot olin my car finished 5th on 3 clyinder and its a 2.3
    just thought i add that

Quote Originally Posted by grydergeyer26 View Post
    shoot olin my car finished 5th on 3 clyinder and its a 2.3
    just thought i add that
    andrew, how many cars were still running and how many were on the lead lap with misty? i finished 4th at chico in 2011 and was the first car a lap down. that was for 20 laps and maybe 8 cars still running. i love to run at mrp but they have to get thier engines under control.

olin

misty didnt run and survial is part of the game thier lost a nose piece cant complain
    and ryan u cant port and polish at either place just nevada
    u have the old 84 truck had good motor too

Quote Originally Posted by grydergeyer26 View Post
    misty didnt run and survial is part of the game thier lost a nose piece cant complain and ryan u cant port and polish at either place just nevada u have the old 84 truck had good motor too
    I have the 84 truck? Do i know you? Ill be at MRP this saturday just to run there once this season. Silver Dollar and Orland have too big of gap :/. And Olin I feel you on that, im about to get wooped at mrp. The mini stocks arnt so "stock" anymore hahahaha. In case you knew Clinto Earl from Orland speedway I bought his truck and thats what im running. -Ryan Cherezian