Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Well the crates dominated at the Clash as we all expected. I texted the winner of the Clash the weekend before and told them if they were going to be competitive they were going to have to buy one and by god by Tuesday they had one in. The crates are dominating the 1/2 mile tracks with ease. We are still trying to beat them at our local 1/2 mile but we arent having any luck. Boone has tried their hardest to get a crate to win before SN rolls around and it still has not happened. They put down woodchips last week and did not water at all during the night which is very uncommon of them. I dont think there was a crate in the top 10 but there were only 2-3 there. Karl is paying $100 extra to the top finishing crate at Boone each week and people still are not dumb enough to buy in. Marshalltown has been figured out now to where a crate hasnt won in awhile. Same guy has won there the last two weeks with an open motor. I honestly think that part of it is figuring the car out to drive with more momentum to keep up with them but when it comes to the 1/2 tracks the open motors do not have a chance.

Stuart is the only small track that I have seen a Crate win multiple times, but they only get less than 10 cars a week. Sobbing dominates my local track SCS, Denison is back and forth between Sobbing and Abelson. I-80 on Friday night NASCAR is dominated by crates unless Berck is driving a modified. Suppose on 1/2 mile tracks the little 3" spoiler makes more of a difference than at 1/4 mile tracks?

And how did the open motors fair once the feature rolled around? I have heard two different stats with crates being 12 of top 13 and someone else said 8 of top 10. Elliot was the only open I noticed in the top 13 too but maybe I missed someone further back. SCD, when are you getting your mod out?

I dont think you guys are giving enough credit to the weight its taking off the nose. With the aftermarket block rule opening up whenever that was, the typical dart head/dart block open cars are carrying around 75-125 pounds more up front vs the crate.(This is a guess i dont race IMCA). Someone else mentioned about the best you can do for weight is vortec heads and then a stock block and you are still probably 50pds heavier up front.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I don't understand how you can complain about the crates being faster in the feature on a slick track... THAT is a slower track time wise so it is already known that the open motors were 4-6 tenths per lap faster in the heats, when the track was fast.IF the open motor guys de tuned their motors so they could hook them up they too would be faster on the slick. I believe if you look at times where there are some GOOD sportmods racing they are almost always faster come feature time than the A mods on slick tracks.Planning to race my mod at Bvr tomorrow.
    duh take plug wire off

Quote Originally Posted by blueracer11 View Post
    He's NEVER lost a race from the stands. He's just another non-racing jerk that sits in the stands and tells himself, "if I was out there, I would kick ALL their butts."
    and you never won a race and your point is

As the old saying goes " the heat race is for show the feature is for the dough". JMO

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrackchamp4x View Post
    As the old saying goes " the heat race is for show the feature is for the dough". JMO
    I am guessing the open motor guys have already tried using a stock block instead of the aftermarket deal to help get the weight down.....

But this is a good point as the aftermarket stuff does add more weight.

to go with a light crank also drives the price up too but this has been tried too i would suspect....

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    I got them all correct I did like owens and bloomer would do I cheated I looked
    why dont you come on to 4m and tell us how to perform brain surgery as well lmao. you have never done that either, so your just as much as an expert in that field too. No one on 4m wants your troll BS on how to setup a car, from a non racing, never driven internet troll.
    Name one car you worked on ever that placed well. that YOU Fred setup. Not some BS link, not another set of questions, but something here in the real life where the rest of us operate.
    Until then please quit hijacking posts where the rest of us are trying learn from "people that actually own cars and go to the track and operate them ".

You race every day lmao you should know the answers ain't that right know it all

Quote Originally Posted by big.ed View Post
    You race every day lmao you should know the answers ain't that right know it all
    big.ed/LITE-INN, it would seem from where I read that YOU are the know-it-all jacka$$. Everyone else is asking questions, and discussing racing issues with racers who race, rather than trying to give advice on something they know NOTHING about. Why can't you see that real racers don't like you hijacking their posts when they want real info from another real racer? Get a clue! Your input is NOT appreciated nor wanted. If the topic is one about opinions from the stands, then by all means, voice away. If the questions are tech-related, please stay out of it.
    Last edited by blueracer11; 07-25-2013 at 08:31 AM.

I gave tech questions and you couldn't answer them and you call yourself a racer lmao

I have to agree with blueracer11 here. I dont know you, maybe you do know something but right now you are just coming off as an A-hole. Maybe you should just stick to the gossip boards and answering/asking questions like....

1. Track with coldest beer?

2. Track with best nachos?

3. Track with best Cheeseburger?

maybe you should look at the tech questions if you don't you get beat by one that knows the answers and that's money in the bank do the research

So I shouldn't have put the 65 lb weight my car needs to make weight over the top of the transmission up at deck height?
    You can by all means put it wherever you like... If it's not in front of the motor plate then it is an advantage.

Having 336 hp to the rear wheels is a advantage, lol..

I raced my crate mod last night, that crate motor is a pooch, my stock car with a 2 barrel dynoes the same and runs harder for sure.
    Jeff nobody else is talking about HP, I can build a claim engine with the same HP and TQ as the crate but that won't do me any good because I won't get a spoiler or the 100# off the nose of the car.

Having 336 hp to the rear wheels is a advantage, lol..

I raced my crate mod last night, that crate motor is a pooch, my stock car with a 2 barrel dynoes the same and runs harder for sure.
    I'm surprised the driveline in a mod costs 100hp. Guys up here are getting 440hp out of the crate on methanol. Did you even have to lift?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by blueracer11 View Post
    big.ed/LITE-INN, it would seem from where I read that YOU are the know-it-all jacka$$. Everyone else is asking questions, and discussing racing issues with racers who race, rather than trying to give advice on something they know NOTHING about. Why can't you see that real racers don't like you hijacking their posts when they want real info from another real racer? Get a clue! Your input is NOT appreciated nor wanted. If the topic is one about opinions from the stands, then by all means, voice away. If the questions are tech-related, please stay out of it.
    yeah hi jacking with real questions that you mr racer lmao don't know the anwers and probably getting beat by some one that knows the answers

Who ran the spoiler? I am assuming it was a 3" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    I'm surprised the driveline in a mod costs 100hp. Guys up here are getting 440hp out of the crate on methanol. Did you even have to lift?!?!
    Guys at Karl's said from the engine to chassis dyno the engine is down 15%. Crate engine dynoed "at crank" on methanol is around 450HP is what I was told.