Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    with all the accessories under ten k and tweaked at a motor builders shop for under 10k and if was go great wouldn't you see more drivers using them the 602 and 604 are legal
    Wow all the answers...what motor do you run in your mod ?

well you can be to smart I look at on the www found the 10 k but you can't and you call yourself a racer

well you can be to smart I look at on the www found the 10 k but you can't and you call yourself a racer
    lol funny stuff coming from someone that does not have a mod, trailer, engine or any of the above, just go away troll, so actual car owners can discus actual issues, not the BS you dream up from what you read online.

If 10k is such a great deal then buy it and tell us all when what track you are gonna be at so we can all see how its done, until then please just go away no one needs your BS and guessing.

lol LITE-INN is a genius! you serious got a bridge to sell? I need one. Plus i got a crate u can have for under 10k. dont know where you can up with that number lmao u claim to know whats going on??! lol if it aint on 4m u dont know sh!t hahahaha

shockmod x no guess ing some of us actually goto the race track and not to drink beer

shockmod x no guess ing some of us actually goto the race track and not to drink beer
    really....no I think you only go to eat hot dogs and drink beer, cause all on 4m know you dont race and dont have a car so no way you are racing at the track.

Only thing LITE-IN, and whatever other user names he hides behide, is racing is his fingers on the key board!!! Its clear that this person has NO understanding about race cars and just likes to get people stirred up...

Quote Originally Posted by shockmod3x View Post
    really....no I think you only go to eat hot dogs and drink beer, cause all on 4m know you dont race and dont have a car so no way you are racing at the track.
    hear you go smartass People néed to quit calling this crate motor a $7500 motor, because its not. It may be roughly $7500 from GM but by the time you buy the water pump and drive kit to be able to run a fan and all the other parts that don't transfer over from a standard Chevy motor it's closer to 11k. And the oiling system isn't meant to handle sustained high rpm that's the single biggest flaw in this package it might work great on asphalt with a low rpm chip but not so much on dirt At 8??? Rpms. This motor in a 650 hp configuration with a dry sump and a real rebuilder program behind it would be awesome from bigg 88 fan

hear you go smartass People néed to quit calling this crate motor a $7500 motor, because its not. It may be roughly $7500 from GM but by the time you buy the water pump and drive kit to be able to run a fan and all the other parts that don't transfer over from a standard Chevy motor it's closer to 11k. And the oiling system isn't meant to handle sustained high rpm that's the single biggest flaw in this package it might work great on asphalt with a low rpm chip but not so much on dirt At 8??? Rpms. This motor in a 650 hp configuration with a dry sump and a real rebuilder program behind it would be awesome from bigg 88 fan
    IMCA 604's run a 6400 RPM chip. Not sure why any other sanction that would allow them to run any more RPM than that.

The IMCA 604 is $5450 and is chipped at 6400 RPM. They use a standard water pump and most the same accessories as a pre-86 SBC. At worst, you need a new coupler for your direct drive tranny because of the 1-pc crank.

It sure sounds like you are talking about the CT525, which is not an IMCA-legal modified crate motor.

5450 plus all the accessories are what carbs running 11 00 buck headers 300 bucks dizzy wires good oil pan fuel pump you start adding that up and what you have right around 10 k yeah your right it ways talking about ct 525

I can see why Usra nd ump etc came about https://imca.com/brett-roots-column-for-july/

Quote Originally Posted by shockmod3x View Post
    lol funny stuff coming from someone that does not have a mod, trailer, engine or any of the above, just go away troll, so actual car owners can discus actual issues, not the BS you dream up from what you read online.If 10k is such a great deal then buy it and tell us all when what track you are gonna be at so we can all see how its done, until then please just go away no one needs your BS and guessing.
    now go in the the back yard and play with your RACE CARS LMAO

You don't need a new distributor or wires for these engines. Springs and weights can be easily changed. Replacing the oil pan is illegal. Fuel pump is the same as any othe SBC. The carb and headers might be a valid point, but if I bought a bigger motor than what I have now, I'd probably have to get a different carb and different headers, so this is not a valid argument either. If you don't like the idea of crates, that is fine, you've made your point. Just don't expect people to believe that they need $4500 of accessories to change over to one.

Great have the crates take over and allthese motors builders are out of business and also many fans i 'm one them would'nt go across the street to asee a fleet of crates running

love a crate or hate a crate if its what ya wanta do,..but for 5000 bucks(round here) an run it for 2 to 3 full seasons without braking a seal on it is the way to go,..most track round here got 20 to 25 crate models every weekend! an dont worry bout them engine builders,..most are to busy inspecting protested crate motors an building crate motors thay really ant got time to mess with many custom motors to start with...one of our local builders has a hell of a crate carb program and i hear his dyno testing crates several times a day....most OWM on dirt round here running the $3000 buck 602s an people love them...me myself i miss the open motors...but we get several super shows a season an seems to please people just fine..round here!
    white trash motorsports

ti suxs to be you

nope,..i run sportsman,..build ever aspect of what i run with my own 2 hands,...an i enjoy every bit of it just wish i had nuff money to do it better....some folks just miserably with it,at it,around it,..even spread misery bout it over the internet.....
    white trash motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    nope,..i run sportsman,..build ever aspect of what i run with my own 2 hands,...an i enjoy every bit of it just wish i had nuff money to do it better....some folks just miserably with it,at it,around it,..even spread misery bout it over the internet.....
    I think the 602 is a great option for sportsman

I can see why Usra nd ump etc came about https://imca.com/brett-roots-column-for-july/
    you dont know a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about either of those! all you know is your powderpuff ump guys