Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

The best thing LITE-INN/big.ed/$LITE-INN$ can do for all of us is go flush himself so we don't have to smell his stink.
    out where the wind ALWAYS blows!

you just can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    you just can't fix stupid
    I must be psychic "you just can't fix stupid = FFFaaarrrrrrrrttttttttt!"

I got tired of Lite Inn by page 3 and put him on the ignore list. Everybody should do the same and get back to the original subject..

I'll attempt to get this back on topic. Raced at Central Arizona raceway last Saturday. 32 imca mods showed up. Of the top ten finishing cars, 8 were crate motors. The winner was a open motor, guy buy the name of rc Whitwell who recently moved back home after touring the country racing late models for the past couple years. After him the next 8 cars all had crates. Track is a big 3/8ths with steep banking. Crate motors obviously aren't invincible, but I think rc would have won with a crate as well. It takes a really good setup and a very soft foot to beat these crates.

I havent been paying too much attention lately and things have died down a little bit since the Clash. We are down to one night a week as Iowa State Fairgrounds closed because of the fair starting up. IMCA thought about doing something to level the field because of the crate domination the week of the Clash but what they found is that it isnt really dominating across the country. It is just at select race tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    A guy here practiced with spoiler and without and was .10 faster without it.
    A different guy ran heat and king of hill with spoiler on car with his open motor and it didn't help him at all.

Winners will always win.
    At are home truck we can run 3 inch Spoiler Or a 5 inch spoiler with 2bbl IMCA rules Adams County Speedway ia you cant just bolt on a spoiler, you have to put less rear % ,more springs ,Higher bars angle, Its the most fun we had in years . we had 10 race 9 different winers frst time guy last week and close racing ,
    We had 2 crate came and raced and did ok (top 10) but didt not dominate like they do at I 80 Ne
    oh and are tire don't were and we burn 5 gal of gas a night

Fun

Jeff, you are right about Havlick, he attempted to run with out a spoiler and did ok. But he was also at a stop and go racetrack where the spoiler didnt really matter. He also a half a spoiler with a tiny motor at DSM and couldnt pass Billy F'in Davis. What is your point. Bring your crate for the next 4 weeks to Boone at a stop and go track and see what happens. You seem like a hell of a nice guy, but lets be honest your crate is only good in certain circumstances and Boone is not the answer. Strickler said it best that a crate wont matter at SN until Saturday night at 30+ laps even than I will still take the open over the crate. If I am wrong so be it, but Boone has tried its (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)est to let a crate win this year and it still wont happen. Ya a crate has won every other special of the year but Boone is a different animal and you know it. This whole equal money bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) is just that bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). A crate doesnt belong in IMCA and every other sanctioning. Some dude in Mexico trying to build on the same levels as the guy in whatever city in USA trying to make a buck. Last time I checked this is America and the whole point of business is to make money. You run your own business, so what if you lost money because someone decided to stack the rules against you? What if IMCA decided that each stock car manufacturer had to build 20+ cars a year what would you say? Oh sorry, I can only build 3. Although it may save you money and I/my family are on food stamps, atleast you saved money and were able to move up a class and also allow the driver to be taken out of the equation. We are talking about losing drivers/engine builders who have won the best of the best. Why because IMCA feels the cost of the their POS rules are out of control. Although every other sanctioning body is spending twice the amount of money for motors on a weekly basis. The "low budget" everyone is equal bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) has got to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Modlitefan0 View Post
    Jeff, you are right about Havlick, he attempted to run with out a spoiler and did ok. But he was also at a stop and go racetrack where the spoiler didnt really matter. He also a half a spoiler with a tiny motor at DSM and couldnt pass Billy F'in Davis. What is your point. Bring your crate for the next 4 weeks to Boone at a stop and go track and see what happens. You seem like a hell of a nice guy, but lets be honest your crate is only good in certain circumstances and Boone is not the answer. Strickler said it best that a crate wont matter at SN until Saturday night at 30+ laps even than I will still take the open over the crate. If I am wrong so be it, but Boone has tried its (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)est to let a crate win this year and it still wont happen. Ya a crate has won every other special of the year but Boone is a different animal and you know it. This whole equal money bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) is just that bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). A crate doesnt belong in IMCA and every other sanctioning. Some dude in Mexico trying to build on the same levels as the guy in whatever city in USA trying to make a buck. Last time I checked this is America and the whole point of business is to make money. You run your own business, so what if you lost money because someone decided to stack the rules against you? What if IMCA decided that each stock car manufacturer had to build 20+ cars a year what would you say? Oh sorry, I can only build 3. Although it may save you money and I/my family are on food stamps, atleast you saved money and were able to move up a class and also allow the driver to be taken out of the equation. We are talking about losing drivers/engine builders who have won the best of the best. Why because IMCA feels the cost of the their POS rules are out of control. Although every other sanctioning body is spending twice the amount of money for motors on a weekly basis. The "low budget" everyone is equal bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) has got to stop.
    Modlitefan, you have a definite opinion on Crate motors in racing, and while I see your point, I also have to applaud IMCA on trying to control the cost of modified racing. The Modified class is designed (not WAS designed) to be an entry level class where every-day working people can afford to race. Brett and his people have a huge task when taking on racers who at every turn will pay for any advantage that they can get. You mention that "every other sanctioning body is spending twice the amount of money for motors on a weekly basis" and while this is true with UMP and USMTS, they are slowly pricing themselves out. Look around at the UMP sanctioned tracks and what the car counts are. In Texas for example, 10 years ago there were numerous tracks that ran UMP modifieds on a weekly basis. Now, there are only a handful that run them at all, and of those, most run them either once or twice a month. Would you like to go race the same 2-3 guys each week because no one else can afford to race with you? Would the fans like to pay their hard-earned money to watch the same 2-3 guys each week? THIS is what D40 tires and huge engines do to a class with no tech and no enforcement of rules. IMCA does their best to steer clear of this and for that I applaud them. I love racing my IMCA modified with the 9" ford rear, steel heads, no stud girdles, no spoiler, and hard tires. If crates make sense from a cost stand-point so be it. My only wish is that they would allow Ford and Mopar crates as well so we weren't forced to run chevrolet. Just my opinion as a racer and car owner/driver.
    Last edited by modracr41; 08-10-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Jeff-1. I guess you are right. 2 former Supernational Champions could never be fast and havent tried the crate at Boone this year. There must be plenty of people who care about Boone as the stands are packed every week and they are one of the few tracks that still run B's on a weekly basis. 2. Never worked in an engine shop and never will. 3. Will never run a crate once I make the plunge into racing. Got to get life sorted out before I can start racing. Hopefully within the next 5 years I will be on the track. Modracr 41- I do agree with you on IMCA letting people run more than just the GM crate. The point has been brought up to Brett about making one of Fords crate motors legal but since they have (dont quote me here) 15HP more than the GM crate they cannot run.

Quote Originally Posted by modracr41 View Post
    Modlitefan, you have a definite opinion on Crate motors in racing, and while I see your point, I also have to applaud IMCA on trying to control the cost of modified racing. The Modified class is designed (not WAS designed) to be an entry level class where every-day working people can afford to race. Brett and his people have a huge task when taking on racers who at every turn will pay for any advantage that they can get. You mention that "every other sanctioning body is spending twice the amount of money for motors on a weekly basis" and while this is true with UMP and USMTS, they are slowly pricing themselves out. Look around at the UMP sanctioned tracks and what the car counts are. In Texas for example, 10 years ago there were numerous tracks that ran UMP modifieds on a weekly basis. Now, there are only a handful that run them at all, and of those, most run them either once or twice a month. Would you like to go race the same 2-3 guys each week because no one else can afford to race with you? Would the fans like to pay their hard-earned money to watch the same 2-3 guys each week? THIS is what D40 tires and huge engines do to a class with no tech and no enforcement of rules. IMCA does their best to steer clear of this and for that I applaud them. I love racing my IMCA modified with the 9" ford rear, steel heads, no stud girdles, no spoiler, and hard tires. If crates make sense from a cost stand-point so be it. My only wish is that they would allow Ford and Mopar crates as well so we weren't forced to run chevrolet. Just my opinion as a racer and car owner/driver.
    Well said.......this class is doomed to price out weekly racers just like the Supers. Another thing is when I was a kid a Late model was a camaro all modified out with big tires......now late model is a sophisticated machine costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. The modifieds I watched early on were pieced together from junkyard cars and parts, the motors were hopped up stockers, the tires were hard, and the racing was good....every week! Just like NASCAR should do.......dirt racing sanction bodies should put the stock back into stock car racing at local dirt tracks!

So all of the hours each week getting 2 cars ready means that I am not invested? I mean, if I werent around, my driver sure as (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) would not be able to race every week like he does now. I give up hours at a part time job and spend my Wednesday nights plus all of my Fridays and Saturdays at the shop. So tell me, how is it that I am not invested?

"Stock car to IMCA mod is a lateral move" How do you figure?

drive3b, Because he is retarded. Hey Jeff, no need to buy truck, trailer, car. We are already building truck and trailer to replace the other ones we have. And since when is time free? You must not be a very good business man if you think time is free.

The Ford Crate cost on average 2K more than the 604, that was the main reason what I was told why the aren't allowing it. Also said they wouldn't work with them on the seal bolt program. The extra 15hp is moot because it still weighs about 50# more than the 604. I would be all about the crate engine program if they allowed the Ford to run.

Your time is free, nobodys paying you to work 24 hours a day, your not too bright.

drive3b, Moving from the top stock body class to the top open wheel class seems lateral to me. Both stock cars and mods have touring series in IMCA. Both are the top of their respective type of car and both HAVE a entry level class under them in hobby and sportmods.

And I haven't moved anyways I have both cars still.
    No, Stock car driver, I was with you until this last post. I drove a Street stock then I moved UP to a modified. Much more HP, much faster, more aftermarket parts, more engine, more fabricated parts, and much less "stock parts".

Following my logic above, then next step up would be a Late Model. Much more HP, much faster, more aftermarket parts, more engine, more fabricated parts, NO stock parts.

Just my opinion, but realistically, who cares? If you run a mini-stock or a Lucas Oil Late Model, we're all racers running our cars for the thrill of competition to the best of our ability and $$.

No, Stock car driver, I was with you until this last post. I drove a Street stock then I moved UP to a modified. Much more HP, much faster, more aftermarket parts, more engine, more fabricated parts, and much less "stock parts".

Following my logic above, then next step up would be a Late Model. Much more HP, much faster, more aftermarket parts, more engine, more fabricated parts, NO stock parts.

Just my opinion, but realistically, who cares? If you run a mini-stock or a Lucas Oil Late Model, we're all racers running our cars for the thrill of competition to the best of our ability and $$.
    You guys are wasting your breath on SCD he is gods gift to racing. If you dont believe me just ask him. Man this is the thread that never ends, it goes on and on my friends.

No, Stock car driver, I was with you until this last post. I drove a Street stock then I moved UP to a modified. Much more HP, much faster, more aftermarket parts, more engine, more fabricated parts, and much less "stock parts".Following my logic above, then next step up would be a Late Model. Much more HP, much faster, more aftermarket parts, more engine, more fabricated parts, NO stock parts.Just my opinion, but realistically, who cares? If you run a mini-stock or a Lucas Oil Late Model, we're all racers running our cars for the thrill of competition to the best of our ability and $$.
    interesting you don't say

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    You guys are wasting your breath on SCD he is gods gift to racing. If you dont believe me just ask him. Man this is the thread that never ends, it goes on and on my friends.
    AND drum roll please.. my number one fan shows up!!

Have you got to race that pos mod of yours at all this year? or still just a few times a year for ya?

I raced down your way several times this spring, I cant believe after all the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) you've talked you didn't come introduce yourself. I suppose you couldn't afford the pit pass. bahahaha

AND drum roll please.. my number one fan shows up!!

Have you got to race that pos mod of yours at all this year? or still just a few times a year for ya?

I raced down your way several times this spring, I cant believe after all the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) you've talked you didn't come introduce yourself. I suppose you couldn't afford the pit pass. bahahaha
    You know how to check my facebook to see how many times ive raced.

You failed to remind me you were coming, where did you run? Maybe i could of got a rent a ride in those old junk stocks and beat on you a little.

Again boys its like wrestling a pig...