Thread: Dart Pricing

Default Dart Pricing

I was just informed that Dart will be having a price increase of 3% and on the SHP blocks the increase is 8% and on the SHP heads there will be a 15% increase these increases will take affect January 01/2014.

Get with your Dart dealer to save money before the prices go up.

Also the SHP block and SHP PRO block they will be available with 400 mains in the near future.

The SHP Ford blocks are only going up 3% not 8%

The last price increase Dart had was back in 2011

Any idea when the SHP will be available with the 400 mains? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FF21 View Post
    Any idea when the SHP will be available with the 400 mains? Thanks
    Yes I was told by Dart this morning they are running the 350 main blocks and the 400 SHP main block are next so get with your local dart dealer and get your order in by the end of the year to save 8%

In your opinion where is the cutoff or change over from SHP to little M? I know when you want more strength but 30lbs is a bunch of weight. Is there a rule you have for when to go with the heavier block, est hp wise...

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    In your opinion where is the cutoff or change over from SHP to little M? I know when you want more strength but 30lbs is a bunch of weight. Is there a rule you have for when to go with the heavier block, est hp wise...
    What is your power goal ?

Just in general question, I run open late model (16degree stuff) so using aluminum or little m block, just have wondered about how strong the SHP is, if I were to get a wild hair and build a limited 23 degree steel head motor for example, can I save the 30 lbs and not worry?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    Just in general question, I run open late model (16degree stuff) so using aluminum or little m block, just have wondered about how strong the SHP is, if I were to get a wild hair and build a limited 23 degree steel head motor for example, can I save the 30 lbs and not worry?
    I have prepared the SHP blocks for guys running open wheel asphalt modifieds in the low 600 numbers and no problems and you may want to look at the SHP PRO block with the BBC cam tunnel and .904 lifter bores as that is a big seller of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post
    I have prepared the SHP blocks for guys running open wheel asphalt modifieds in the low 600 numbers and no problems and you may want to look at the SHP PRO block with the BBC cam tunnel and .904 lifter bores as that is a big seller of mine.
    What is the weak point in the SHP block?

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    What is the weak point in the SHP block?
    So far I have not heard of any weak points or any problems.

What about a bigger cubic inch spec head mod motor in the 670 -720 hp range? And how big of a bore and stroke will both take?

Tuesday is the last to put an order before the price goes up!!!Get with your local Dart dealer.

Thanks to those that ordered blocks before the price increase.