Thread: Low car counts

Default Low car counts

Is it just early and guys don't have their cars ready or is this the sign of the times. I have been reading of low car counts at several tracks this year. Is 10 to 15 going to be the norm on car counts at some of these tracks this year and if so what is it going to take to turn things around before tracks close or drop the class. I know some tracks are doing better then others but, there seems to be more and more every year getting less and less cars. What's everyone thoughts?

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

9 lates at La Salle last night. It's early, and with there always being a chance of rain this time of year (especially after the winter we had) many guys can't take the chance. Sign of the times? Sure!! Again... guys aren't taking a chance with a tight budget.

After a few more weeks, we'll start seeing higher car counts hopefully...
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

I think it going to be a sad year hope I 'm wrong

I think it's early here in the Midwest( as it is snowing in April) But a guy I help out has decided to sit out this year another switched from ump open to imca sportmod,I'm in no hurry to finish my new car the cost is just nuts and the tracts can not put enough a$$es in the seats to offer larger pay outs.even when they do the counts are to low to cover the classes. Few years ago a $1,000 to win mod show might get 40 cars now it's 15 to 20 with half being b-mods or sportmods.

Still haven't gotten a race in and with the snow we got today I don't see us getting a race in this week either so not really sure how the car count is going to be. I think it will be just like any other year, there will be tracks that struggle to get by and other tracks that have great counts

not sure why car counts are down but i see where they raised admission at my home track from 10 to 12 dollars. it don't sound like much but is enough to keep me from going on regular nights. times are still tough and two dollars more is two dollars i don't have. why raise prices when they stated they had a profitable year last year.

its that mean guys from texas oh whats his face lol

Our racing out here has been fair, I think we had 20+ at Canyon, near 30 at Kings, near 30 at Bako the first time and 17 the second time.... Got another show at SMS this coming Sat. Nite...we'll see what happens.... Our numbers were down to 12 to 14 at the end of last year....heavy tracks can eat motors and a lot of the guys racing out here don't have spares so if ya pop one your done for a while. A couple of our regular runners got laid off from their jobs in this booming economy (cough spit choke) so we'll be plenty thin in a few months...

Quote Originally Posted by osborne5 View Post
    not sure why car counts are down but i see where they raised admission at my home track from 10 to 12 dollars. it don't sound like much but is enough to keep me from going on regular nights. times are still tough and two dollars more is two dollars i don't have. why raise prices when they stated they had a profitable year last year.
    Anywhere from 14 to 22 out here, depending on the show...DLM's are usually around $16 on Bako and probably $18 in SMS. Pit passes are 40 to 45 depending on the track with memberships 35 to 40....