Thread: Brake floaters

Default Brake floaters

Has anyone ever tried it ? Pros and cons ? Any help would be appreciated ! Rocket blue front

Had them on both sides of a 4 link in 1996. Leaf cars long before that. It is another adjustment.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

So it's just something that can complicate these cars even more then they already are? Is it worth it or just not really needed

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket5353 View Post
    So it's just something that can complicate these cars even more then they already are? Is it worth it or just not really needed
    I like them. There are different reasons to use 1 or both. But certainly not a necessity.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Awesome I appreciate the info !! I willHave to call rocket and see what they recommend for bar lengths and such!

I agree with mastersbuilt, I used one on the left rear for a long time to help hike the left rear up to get rear steer and help the car turn, but when I started using soft right front springs and bump stops, and then went to a 2 stage rt front spring, I found it disrupted the car to much and didn't need anymore, I would say if your racing on a tacky track and on a conventional rt frt set up, its great.

by the way, I like port city,s one the best, they first built this one for jimmy owens 10 years ago, that's the one I used.

fastford had a question not really related to thread, inbox full

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsman08 View Post
    fastford had a question not really related to thread, inbox full
    sorry about that, its clear now.

How about RR floater mounted on top or below? What is a general angle starting point you use top mount vs below? Do we want it going past 0 degrees during travel? Mounting height from centerline of axle effects? Spring cgabges on front and rear with 2 brak floaters? pinned or not pinned in frint end? tacky vs dry adjustments? track shape adjustments? why none, 1, or 2? whos winnig with them? who's the most consitent? Thoughts opinions on any of that?