Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kankakee county speedway

Are they racing this year??? If so are they going to run late models??? Why cant they get their chit together and post a schedule???

Quote Originally Posted by ugly1 View Post
    Are they racing this year??? If so are they going to run late models??? Why cant they get their chit together and post a schedule???
    I'd like to speak on this but a lot more then what I am but I'm sure one of Tom's track staff personal is watching this forum. I'm not going to bash them due to not having much good to say about the situation there; just state what I've seen happen over the last few years. Kankakee is a track I've liked for a long time but the people currently running the facility are rude, arrogant, cheap when it comes to paying drivers properly, they've runoff drivers at a good rate the last 3-4 years, and a bit more to go with that. I'm interested in seeing what their 2015 schedule looks like too. The current lease is set to expire in 2017 from what I've been told. They used to average about 25/27 Late Models, 30/32 Mods a night, about 30 Street Stocks, and about 25 4 cylinders a night when Tom first acquired the track in mid 2009. After the 2010 season car counts started to decline and last year they could barely get 7-8 modifieds a night. Always like watching the races at Kankakee but it will take some good doing for many drivers to want to come back besides the specials for each class.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

The place is Dead miss the old days there...

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    I'd like to speak on this but a lot more then what I am but I'm sure one of Tom's track staff personal is watching this forum. I'm not going to bash them due to not having much good to say about the situation there; just state what I've seen happen over the last few years. Kankakee is a track I've liked for a long time but the people currently running the facility are rude, arrogant, cheap when it comes to paying drivers properly, they've runoff drivers at a good rate the last 3-4 years, and a bit more to go with that. I'm interested in seeing what their 2015 schedule looks like too. The current lease is set to expire in 2017 from what I've been told. They used to average about 25/27 Late Models, 30/32 Mods a night, about 30 Street Stocks, and about 25 4 cylinders a night when Tom first acquired the track in mid 2009. After the 2010 season car counts started to decline and last year they could barely get 7-8 modifieds a night. Always like watching the races at Kankakee but it will take some good doing for many drivers to want to come back besides the specials for each class.
    Pretty sure they pay $1,000 to win for the LM's just like everyone else...
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by AnothaBenchRacer View Post
    Pretty sure they pay $1,000 to win for the LM's just like everyone else...
    Actually Fairbury pays $1,200. Yeah they do to an extant but 2nd on back is where it gets cheap!
    Nathan Stephens

2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Kankakee Speedway is a great race track.. re-built year's ago by Tom Pauley Sr... I have been going to 3K for year's.. until the last couple of year's.. and anyone in racing know's why !.. If they dont support late model's weekly, I will not support Kankakee..." T S " need's to go back to asphalt ... This guy ruined a great race track !!! IMO !!!!

hasnt been good since the oconners ran it

Yep, I used to think Sherri did a bad job. I was wrong...... Turns out, K-3 would be better off with her!

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    hasnt been good since the oconners ran it
    Lease is up in 2017 so will see what happen when that time gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    I was up there once for the roderick memorial when ocooners had it was a he11 of a track
    Roderick Memorial was always a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD INFLUENCE View Post
    Yep, I used to think Sherri did a bad job. I was wrong...... Turns out, K-3 would be better off with her!
    I agree. Sherri did a good job there
    Nathan Stephens

Lm purse is based off $800 to win purse a sponsor puts up $200 to make it $1000. So yes the pay sucks if you dont win and you are probably going to ruin a tire from all the rocks. It just seems its all take and no give from the promoter.

Races run way too late and the track is terrible

Honestly don't know how you could run a track any worse.

-bad racing surface
    -unfriendly staff
    -bad payout
    -terrible marketing
    -too many classes
    -runs way too late into the night

so sad to have this happen to K3

Seems like "this" happens every 3 or 4 years to K3

Attached Images Attached Images
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

so true so true

Quote Originally Posted by latemodefan View Post
    so true so true
    FairbuRy is the greatest track ever. Its gods gift to the world. Oh fcking please. There's lots of other good racetracks out there. I'm so sick of hearin this. Sure its a good track. Have you been all over the nation watching? Didnt think so. Wisconsin and Minnesota has some really good racing too. Fairbury has made so many racers who went to Lucas oil, woo and nascar like.......? must be why a Shadyhill regular like nick allen has no problem whooping your a$$. You people walking around with a big fairbury boner in your pants need to go home and take care of business. And stfu when you come out. It gets really annoying.
    Last edited by Fredfred Burger; 02-04-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredfred Burger View Post
    FairbuRy is the greatest track ever. Its gods gift to the world. Oh fcking please. There's lots of other good racetracks out there. I'm so sick of hearin this. Sure its a good track. Have you been all over the nation watching? Didnt think so. Wisconsin and Minnesota has some really good racing too. Fairbury has made so many racers who went to Lucas oil, woo and nascar like.......? must be why a Shadyhill regular like nick allen has no problem whooping your a$$. You people walking around with a big fairbury boner in your pants need to go home and take care of business. And stfu when you come out. It gets really annoying.
    I am a FarmerCity fan but Fairbury Has to be ONE of The top 5 there is...FarmerCity has been one of the best and worst in the last 5 years... Me going there makes it the best too me.. if I could go to 2 tracks a week Fairbury would be were i go...Yes I have been all over the nation and if i had too choose were i live for 2 of the Best track I live RIGHT were i live by FarmerCity and Fairbury.. If you think some place is better maybe it is to you.. I respect that but it don't make people wrong that love Fairbury WRONG.. cause it is one of the BEST.......Just like right now KKK is not

As a driver at K3 Tom has never cut the payout except the last night for one class when 4 UMP Mods (there purse was cut I was told but all 4 drivers were ok with the payout) showed up. All other classes were paid the regular payout. Also it rained off and on all night and with almost no one in the stands Tom could have cut all the purses that night but didn't. K3 may not be perfect but Tom is keeping the place open and us up North have a dirt track to race at. You fans and drivers from FALS/FC South have at least a dozen, if Kankakee closes us in the Chicago area have NOTHING, and don't mention LaSalle and Sycamore because they either don't run the same classes or are no better than the promoters at K3.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bbmft View Post
    As a driver at K3 Tom has never cut the payout except the last night for one class when 4 UMP Mods (there purse was cut I was told but all 4 drivers were ok with the payout) showed up. All other classes were paid the regular payout. Also it rained off and on all night and with almost no one in the stands Tom could have cut all the purses that night but didn't. K3 may not be perfect but Tom is keeping the place open and us up North have a dirt track to race at. You fans and drivers from FALS/FC South have at least a dozen, if Kankakee closes us in the Chicago area have NOTHING, and don't mention LaSalle and Sycamore because they either don't run the same classes or are no better than the promoters at K3.
    But paying out the purse is only one thing, and I don't want them to close cause i have friends that live up there.. Its he runs off people.. It a great track it just $ucks that he runs it so bad....He jumped on my a$$ one night... I am still trying to find out what i did wrong.. O and i have not been back in 4 years because of it...I have never been spoken to by someone that bad at a place of business in my life.. I will not spend a dime there while hes there...