Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dear Troy Baird..

I think you may have found you a wheelman in Ross Bailes. The kid was nothing short of impressive this weekend at Golden Isle. It would be one thing if he ran good one night but he was consistently up front all weekend and other than Davenport, he was probably one of the fastest cars all weekend. We may have witnessed the next young star -in Bailes- of the sport this weekend to go along with Brandon Sheppard, Bobby Pierce, Mason Ziegler, Rodney Sanders, Ryan Gustin, Brandon Overton, Chris Ferguson, and Devin Moran. Goodluck this year to you Ross Bailes and Troy Baird!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfTheGame View Post
    I think you may have found you a wheelman in Ross Bailes. The kid was nothing short of impressive this weekend at Golden Isle. It would be one thing if he ran good one night but he was consistently up front all weekend and other than Davenport, he was probably one of the fastest cars all weekend. We may have witnessed the next young star -in Bailes- of the sport this weekend to go along with Brandon Sheppard, Bobby Pierce, Mason Ziegler, Rodney Sanders, Ryan Gustin, Brandon Overton, Chris Ferguson, and Devin Moran. Goodluck this year to you Ross Bailes and Troy Baird!

The kid definitely impressed me thats for sure! And he showed us that he has the talent to run with the big boys! Hopefully Troy Baird will keep him in this ride and not do as he has done with everyone else.. Good luck guys!!

Bailes really impressed me also, young man deserves this ride & hopefully he can keep it. Dont part company with him like you did with Overton.

He had drivers, Bailes bought car, no time to rewrap

There sure is a lot of talk on 4 m...dod....and other sites that said he was driving for Baird for golden isles.

I guess they were all wrong???

Either way, Ross is a good wheelman and good luck to him as the new owner of that ride, or as the hired gun for that ride.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The thing is, Baird had a wheel man with Overton. He has another one with Bailes, hope it doesn't turn out like it has in the past.

Baird has had several good drivers, but for some reason he seems to get bored with them real quick. But, he is paying the bills and can do what he wants with his drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by macro646 View Post
    Baird has had several good drivers, but for some reason he seems to get bored with them real quick. But, he is paying the bills and can do what he wants with his drivers.
    Not only has he had good drivers. hes got a good crew chief making good adjustments.

That ride comes with very good equipment and complex circumstances. When Davenport had it, it was also the Barry Wright house car, so crew was built in. Unless something has changed the equipment has to stay based out of Baird's shop which makes for logistics problems unless you want to live in a truck inside a garage. There's no full time help. Some of the guys at the shop are great guys and help when they can, but the man does run a successful business. Those guys are busy more often than not. Throw in the fact that you never know what your going to get from the guy signing the checks from day to day, and it can become more headache than it's worth.

There's been several that could have made that ride a consistent winner given time and circumstance. Maybe Ross will get the chance. History says otherwise.

Davenport drove it some after William Thomas got out,right before Baird got with BWRC I remember correctly.
    One thing is for sure,he definitely seems to have an eye for talent.

Wasn't Davenport after RLH? Thomas was only in it a couple of races I thought, and that was after JD.

Bailes did not buy the car

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan4ever#3 View Post
    He had drivers, Bailes bought car, no time to rewrap
    Don't know where you heard this but we didn't buy the car. Thank you all for the kind words!
    Lee Killian
    -Ross Bailes Racing

*** Barry Wright Race Cars, Penske Racing Shocks, Felony Farms, Bailes Construction, FK Rod Ends, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, Eagle Manufacturing, B&A Pallet Divison, HNO Hauling,H&M Truck World, D&E Marine, Kelcar Motorsports, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Ron Wallace & Associates, Longhorn Chassis***
    www.rossbailesracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter- https://twitter.com/#!/BailesRacing

Quote Originally Posted by hookedondirt01 View Post
    Don't know where you heard this but we didn't buy the car. Thank you all for the kind words!
    When and where is your next race?

Ross is a very talented racer. I have had the pleasure of being able to watch him race for several years. Fantastic young man with a great attitude and work ethic. Ross is well-mannered and as humble as anyone you will ever meet. He has strong family support and a big local fan base around his Clover, SC home area.

It was after RLH.I tend to him and WT mixed up.Either way,nobody has been in it long but they have all been good drivers.Bailes is doing his part to earn a ride.

Bailes looked solid at GIS. Always seemed like a good dude. Hope it works out well for him.

I have full confidence in Bailes driving ability as I did Overton. But Baird seems to be a little shady (Bi polar). I hope Bailes has his own car for back-up just incase Baird has one of them moments!!! Looking forward to see Bailes Drive all year!

RLH didn't even make it through speed weeks when he was in it before Baird pulled the plug.

Was Baird a driver back in the 90's?