Default Atomic Speedway 27 days away (hard to believe with all this snow)

Few changes this season
    Now allowing 6 pack soft sided coolers only
    Senior age dropped to 60
    Family Section now located by the playground in section E.
    Regular shows 12 & under -FREE,Seniors 60+ $10. 13 thru 59-$12

Regular show will be Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods

Saturday March 14th - Test N Tune w/ Enduro

Friday March 20th - Lucas Oil "Buckeye Spring 50" $10,000 to win Late Models plus Modifieds

Saturday March 28th - UNOH All Star Sprints $10,000 to win plus Late Models and Sport Mods

Saturday April 4th - "AdverTax Night" OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods

Saturday April 11th - "Miller/Coors Night" OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods plus Enduro

Saturday April 18th - "Dr. Anthony Philips Night" OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds and Race Saver 305 Sprints

Saturday April 25th - "Graphic Creations Night" OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods

Saturday May 2nd - Dan Reno Memorial - AMRA Late Models/AMRA Modifieds $2,222 to win plus OVSCA Sprints and Race Saver 305 Sprints

Saturday May 9th - Bob Crace Sr Memorial - AMRA Late Models $3,023 to win, AMRA Modifieds $1,023 to win and Sport Mods $523 to win plus Enduro

Saturday May 16th - Fan Appreciation Night #1 - $5 General Admission - AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds, Sport Mods and Race Saver 305 Sprints

Saturday May 23rd - Hall of Fame Night - OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods

Saturday May 30th - Triple Crown Kids Night - OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds, Ohio Valley Roofers Legends and Enduro

Saturday June 6th - OFF

Saturday June 13th - PEPSI EMPLOYEES NIGHT - OVSCA Sprints, Steel Block Late Models, AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods

Saturday June 20th - RENO & SONS LAWNCARE "DIRT WEEK FINALE" - $5,000 to win Late Models plus AMRA Modifieds, Sport Mods and Enduro

Wednesday June 24th - UNOH All Star Sprint Speedweek $5,000 to win plus AMRA Late Models

Saturday June 27 - 4H Night - AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds, Sport Mods and Enduro

Sunday June 28 - The Kenny Wallace Dirt Racing Experience! For more information visit dirtracewithkenny.com

Friday July 3rd - OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models and Race Saver 305 Sprints

Saturday July 11th - Triple Crown Family Night - AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds, Sport Mods and Enduro - FAMILY NIGHT SPECIAL - 2 Adults and all kids under 15 for only $20

Saturday July 18th - OFF

Saturday July 25th - OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods plus Enduro

Friday July 31st - OPEN WHEEL CHAMPIONSHIPS Night 1- UNOH All Star Sprints $5,000 to win, BOSS Non Wing Sprints, Race Saver 305 Sprints, Mini Sprints

Saturday August 1st- OPEN WHEEL CHAMPIONSHIPS Night 2- UNOH All Star Sprints $10,000 to win plus AMRA Modifieds and Race Saver 305 Sprints

Saturday August 8th - OFF

Saturday August 15th - OFF

Friday August 21st - World of Outlaw Late Models $10,000 to win plus AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods

Saturday August 29th - USAC HPD Midgets, OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models and Brushcreek Legends

Saturday September 5th - Fan Appreciation Night #2 - $5 General Admission - OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods plus Enduro

Saturday September 12th - OFF

Saturday September 19th - Season Championships - OVSCA Sprints, AMRA Late Models, AMRA Modifieds and Sport Mods

Saturday September 26th - OFF

Saturday October 3rd - SENECA ENERGY CORP "FREEDOM 40" - OVSCA Sprints $4,000 to win, AMRA Modifieds, Sport Mods and Race Saver 305 Sprints
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill31; 02-21-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!

Track will be heavy if they run. I'd put my money on no race. Weather shows no signs of changing appreciably from the pattern of the last month. If it doesn't snow, it'll rain.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

I bet the the Spring 50 has the same problems, I hope not but we will see I guess
    A member from back in the day....

Thanks, Atomic , I have not been attending because of your cooler policy. I will be this season sometime, probably multiple times.
    Good luck getting this early race in, odds are not in favor of it happening. With your strong schedule, See you later this summer.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

I sure hope we catch a break and get to see this race. I've been looking forward to it for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    I sure hope we catch a break and get to see this race. I've been looking forward to it for awhile now.
    Yeah. I plan on going, but I'll be very suprised if it gets run then.

I heard they're bringing the guys up from Brushcreek to help prep the track if and when this race happens.

I don't trust weather people for nothing. They can't get anything right one day to the next. There's no way they could even get close to what is supposed to do 3 weeks from now.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I heard they're bringing the guys up from Brushcreek to help prep the track if and when this race happens.

I don't trust weather people for nothing. They can't get anything right one day to the next. There's no way they could even get close to what is supposed to do 3 weeks from now.
    The brushcreek guys really did a good job fixing the holes and beat up track last year for the open wheel championship. I think that's a great plan

The brushcreek guys really did a good job fixing the holes and beat up track last year for the open wheel championship. I think that's a great plan
    What happened to the people that were there under Neir?

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    What happened to the people that were there under Neir?
    I have no idea. I just know the track was extremely rough last year until the brushcreek guys came in for the open wheel race. I sure hope they keep it that way because Atomic/KC is one of the best dirt tracks in the world when it is prepped right.

Trying to race in March in Ohio is krazy. Look at the schedule. Closed down on several summer weekends when the weather is usually good but trying to race in March. Krazy I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Head Wrench25 View Post
    Trying to race in March in Ohio is krazy. Look at the schedule. Closed down on several summer weekends when the weather is usually good but trying to race in March. Krazy I tell you.
    It's not crazy at all. If they get a nice day it will be a slam dunk and they will make a small fortune like Smoky Mountain did with the NDRL show last March. Cabin Fever can be a huge boon for a dirt track if the weather falls their way.

For as long as I can remember kc/atomic had always had a race in early March. Sometimes they get it in and sometimes they dont. It's no different than scheduling a race in late September or early October around these parts...or anywhere for that matter.

I took a friend to kc back a few years ago and watched the early race. The track was rough, but it was a great show. Carrier ended up passing Bloomquist on the high side where no one else had tried. I believe Carrier made a lot of new fans that night.

Even though I've done been to a couple races, I'll be burnt up to go when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It's not crazy at all. If they get a nice day it will be a slam dunk and they will make a small fortune like Smoky Mountain did with the NDRL show last March. Cabin Fever can be a huge boon for a dirt track if the weather falls their way.
    if the weather cooperates, this event will be HUGE for atomic speedway.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

very smart move
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    For as long as I can remember kc/atomic had always had a race in early March. Sometimes they get it in and sometimes they dont. It's no different than scheduling a race in late September or early October around these parts...or anywhere for that matter.

I took a friend to kc back a few years ago and watched the early race. The track was rough, but it was a great show. Carrier ended up passing Bloomquist on the high side where no one else had tried. I believe Carrier made a lot of new fans that night.

Even though I've done been to a couple races, I'll be burnt up to go when the time comes.
    I was there Zac. They usually open in the beginning to the middle of April. This is the earliest I've ever seen them try for. I'll support it, long as it doesn't look like rain. Learned my lesson last year. Track was rough that night, but the racing was pretty good. Second race I seen Eddie win there that was bigger. When he won the KC 100 in like 03', right after he started with Carl, that was his first big race win. And I'll always remember it. Was very special for him and he's a breath of fresh air.

I have no idea. I just know the track was extremely rough last year until the brushcreek guys came in for the open wheel race. I sure hope they keep it that way because Atomic/KC is one of the best dirt tracks in the world when it is prepped right.
    Be a good guess then that Schrader ran them off. Or they didn't get along with Brad possibly. I don't think it's feasible though to try and prep two tracks for a year. And heck ya, when prepped, Atomic is a top tier track. Shame Nier don't want it, he made great strides. Hopefully Brad can gradually make some strides too.