Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstown Speedway View Post
    As the promoter of Brownstown Speedway I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to all the fans for the lackluster feature at the Icebreaker. In hindsight I now know what went wrong, in a effort to supply the racers with a smooth surface we simply over did it. But I'm not here to make excuses but to let the fans know that I am 100% to blame. Lucas Officials approached me before feature with a recommendation but I refused. So please do not blame the LODLMS in any way. I learned a valuable lesson at the fans expense and will do everything in my power to never let it happen again. Once again I am solely to blame and truly sorry. Thank you for your support,Jim Price
    This post in itself speaks volumes..........manning up , admitting his mistake and making efforts to not let it happen again.

Brownstown deserves a second look for all the naysayers.........good post Jim.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

As the promoter of Brownstown Speedway I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to all the fans for the lackluster feature at the Icebreaker. In hindsight I now know what went wrong, in a effort to supply the racers with a smooth surface we simply over did it. But I'm not here to make excuses but to let the fans know that I am 100% to blame. Lucas Officials approached me before feature with a recommendation but I refused. So please do not blame the LODLMS in any way. I learned a valuable lesson at the fans expense and will do everything in my power to never let it happen again. Once again I am solely to blame and truly sorry. Thank you for your support,Jim Price
    I appreciate the apology, and will now be back for the hell tour opener. thanks jim.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Touring teams like it slick and smooth, easy on delicate equipment and strained budgets, tip toe is preferred to hammer down. Many fans, not all, like it tacky and fast even if it's somewhat rough as a result. Don't kid yourself into thinking the fan gets more input than the traveling teams. The series has to cater to their traveling troupe week in and week out, they only have to appeal to a race fan for one event, or a limited few events, during the course of a season.
    Last edited by kazual; 03-24-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    This post in itself speaks volumes..........manning up , admitting his mistake and making efforts to not let it happen again.

Brownstown deserves a second look for all the naysayers.........good post Jim.
    Still gonna need proof in the pudding, but it's a good start.

Thank you Mr. Price for addressing my issues. I will be back to see more racing in the future. I truly hope Brownstown Speedway has a fantastic year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Goff View Post
    Thank you Mr. Price for addressing my issues. I will be back to see more racing in the future. I truly hope Brownstown Speedway has a fantastic year.
    Wow, you got your apology and now you'll be back. You really thought they weren't doing all they could to provide a good track? Why people seem to feel so entitled to have the best experience of their life and then complain when it's not is beyond me. What a cry baby. Everyone is an expert these days. Don't pis em off or they will complain and you'll have to do the politically correct thing. What a douche. Try asking questions next time instead of jumping to conclusions.

It has to be hard to run a track. One mistake wipes out ten atta boys. Some what like being a good husband. You can be handsome, rich, buy her presents and say all the right things, but pat the neighbor's wife's fanny, just once and you lost all trust. That seems to be where Brownstown is right now, with some of it's fans. It took their money and didn't preform up to expectations. Now they have a trust issue. You can apologize but they are just words. Till you have a show, that they are sorry they missed, the trust issues continue.

I don't have issues with Brownstown, but I do with one of these early scheduled tracks that rubbered down last year. The second chance, they called the show for rain, but not in enough time to save a two hour trip and when I got there, the sun was shining and not all that wet. I'll be skipping that show until I miss one there, that I wish I would have went to. Maybe two. It's hard work to keep the trust of the fans. It's harder to get it back, once lost.

Some would say, "if you don't like it, don't go. It's only one person." It may be one person out of ten and you lost 10% of your gate. I don't see any business surviving that. I don't envy that job, but that is the job they took. Any job worth doing, is worth doing well. This is a wake up call to all tracks. The entertainment dollar is hard to come by, these days.

kudos for admitting fault... Tough to get that anymore

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Just one question if I may, I feel it is relevant here... What did Lucas Officials recommend you to do that you refused? Thanks.

I want to thank you Mr. Price for the apology, and have hopes that you truly mean well in an effort to have better track prep as a weekly effort at Brownstown. As a fan that attended races there weekly starting in 1975 I remember in those days and into the early eighties that the track was almost always tacky all night, and dust was an issue that happened maybe just a time or two a season. The racing was consistently excellent back then also, so I have something to compare with "too" many seasons starting in the early eighties when the track prep has been terrible for so many years. I know the dust is something that can't be eliminated totally and that sometimes it can happen due to circumstances, but sometimes not only does the racing suffer but also the fans can too. It is hard to enjoy the racing with so much dirt flying into your eyes and speaking for myself the sinus infections are also an issue that has made my friend and I travel elsewhere.

I remember one night the announcer (Bedford Mayor John Williams) apologizing for dust on a hot windy night back in about 1976. He said that they had put 36,000 gallons of water on the track that day in total, so we knew that the water was soaking deep into the track for sure.

Last season We had hopes that you were turning around this long lasting track prep issue as the track prep was obviously better than it has been in many years. So I'm hoping that you will be the one to return this track to what it once was. Good luck sir.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 03-24-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Just one question if I may, I feel it is relevant here... What did Lucas Officials recommend you to do that you refused? Thanks.
    Captain, I believe that "misting" the track again would have been pointless as it had been done once earlier and the only results from it was to set the track up to take on a lot more rubber. Once the track got to the condition it was in by the time hot laps were over. There was nothing that really could be done about the nights tracks conditions other than cutting the entire surface up and that would have been pretty time consuming.

I can generally read a track before the cars even get on it, and I knew we were in for a bad night as soon as we got there.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinyUnbound View Post
    Wow, you got your apology and now you'll be back. You really thought they weren't doing all they could to provide a good track? Why people seem to feel so entitled to have the best experience of their life and then complain when it's not is beyond me. What a cry baby. Everyone is an expert these days. Don't pis em off or they will complain and you'll have to do the politically correct thing. What a douche. Try asking questions next time instead of jumping to conclusions.

Not one person has said, nor implied, that they are entitled to have "the best experience of their life".

What I, as well as every other paying customer is entitled to is the best effort put forth by the promoter to provide a quality product.

This is a direct quote, "we told him to till it up and water
    And he didn't want to"

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    This is a direct quote, "we told him to till it up and waterAnd he didn't want to"
    Lol, Lucas said that??? I really find that one VERY hard to believe, but if you say so, I have no reason to question it... Just don't see them saying that!!

That's the information I was given.

It happens, this much is for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    That's the information I was given.
    People want to believe this theory that Lucas controls the track prep at every race. Especially when there happens to be a bad race like at Brownstown. I've caught a lot of sh!t in the past for saying that wasn't the case. I've seen with my own eyes, heard with my own ears that Lucas doesn't control the prep. The track crew controls the prep. I've seen bad races at tracks that have good prep. And I've seen bad tracks have great races. Sometimes that's just how it happens.

Lucas just like any series wants to put the best show on for the fans. Why would they want anything different?

Mother nature has the last word in any situation at any track. I personalty haven't taken the time to do the research of when Lucas races have been at their best just after a good rain, but this has been the way it goes from my observations only. I do believe tho Lucas does have a big impact on track prep for if no other reason you can't run hammer down week in and week out and still maintain the cars they have every week!!

They suggested we scratch the bottom lane with the rottera. No water.

They suggested we scratch the bottom lane with the rottera. No water.
    Thanks!! We know you did what you seen right...