Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Florence results?

How many late models and mods they get and who won? I couldn't make. It last night?

Heard 11 lates, Hensley won

Thx Cutman

garrison won crates
    hensley won lates over blair, gerald, lay, burgess, myers, collini, combs
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Awesome car count!!!! For a heat race.

have to wonder how long places like brownstown and florence will keep the late models as part of their program with car counts like they have this year

Quote Originally Posted by WIN-WIN View Post
    Awesome car count!!!! For a heat race.
    Just the way it is now. I think Florence should cut back to twice a month and run 2k to win late models 1k to win mods and increase the purse in the other divisions as well. On the off weeks we could go to other tracks. With the lack of guys racing because of funds, I believe this might be the answer

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    Heard 11 lates, Hensley won
    13 lates. 12 took the green to start the feature
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

I counted around 15 Late Models in practice; some of them didn't make it to the feature though. James and Josh Rice are racing for points at Eldora this year. Ted and Dustin Nobbe were also at Eldora last night and Greg Johnson was winning at Richmond.

The modifieds count was better but maybe the rule change that Florence put in place is keeping guys from racing. Billy Vauhhan won the modifieds feature but was sending a message to Josh King in his victory lane interview. It was about not being able to race every week with the new rules that started this year because of the added cost.

Overall, I thought it was a good night of racing. The car counts were up from the opening race and the track was better.
    Last edited by Gary; 04-19-2015 at 10:55 AM.

It started out the same way last year, with lower counts and slowly came up thru the year. Just like Gary said, a few guys that will normally run Florence ran elsewhere . I don't see any reason to get up tight a couple races into the season.

I think the ownership has a lot to do with it

Too many races, not enough cars to go around. Weekly super shows dying quick.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It started out the same way last year, with lower counts and slowly came up thru the year. Just like Gary said, a few guys that will normally run Florence ran elsewhere . I don't see any reason to get up tight a couple races into the season.
    i agree its early but the counts at florence were not very good all year last year. fans will eventually quit coming to watch just a handful of cars race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I counted around 15 Late Models in practice; some of them didn't make it to the feature though. James and Josh Rice are racing for points at Eldora this year. Ted and Dustin Nobbe were also at Eldora last night and Greg Johnson was winning at Richmond.

The modifieds count was better but maybe the rule change that Florence put in place is keeping guys from racing. Billy Vauhhan won the modifieds feature but was sending a message to Josh King in his victory lane interview. It was about not being able to race every week with the new rules that started this year because of the added cost.

Overall, I thought it was a good night of racing. The car counts were up from the opening race and the track was better.
    I'm pretty sure the rule he was referring to is UMP/Hoosier changing of the Mod A tire. We run UMP mods, the same as pretty much every track from here west and they dictate the rules. The new tire is falling apart and the old A isn't being made any more. No one is happy with the situation, but thats not a Florence only issue. Go read the 4m mod board about the tire. You can see people are mad everywhere.

As for car counts in general, the cost of these cars has reached a tipping point where the tire, shock, and motor guys are on the verge of putting this sport under. Car counts are going to continue to decline if something isn't done. Unfortunately, the people who have the power to do something about it, don't seem to be interested in fixing things. Not that I think that there are easy changes that could fix it, but the sport is in trouble and tough choices are going to need to be made soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JKing View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rule he was referring to is UMP/Hoosier changing of the Mod A tire. We run UMP mods, the same as pretty much every track from here west and they dictate the rules. The new tire is falling apart and the old A isn't being made any more. No one is happy with the situation, but thats not a Florence only issue. Go read the 4m mod board about the tire. You can see people are mad everywhere.

As for car counts in general, the cost of these cars has reached a tipping point where the tire, shock, and motor guys are on the verge of putting this sport under. Car counts are going to continue to decline if something isn't done. Unfortunately, the people who have the power to do something about it, don't seem to be interested in fixing things. Not that I think that there are easy changes that could fix it, but the sport is in trouble and tough choices are going to need to be made soon.
    Thanks for the clarification on what Billy was talking about. I’m ignorant on the rules and didn’t know if the lack of a spoiler had anything to do with the tire wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on what Billy was talking about. I’m ignorant on the rules and didn’t know if the lack of a spoiler had anything to do with the tire wear.
    From what I read on the mod board, the late guys have that tire option too. They skip it because it's a pos. But the mods don't have as many choices.

Quote Originally Posted by JKing View Post

Agreed. Costs are high. It's time to start thinking of ways to do things in a more cost effective manner.

Mr. King have you given any thought to only running lates twice a month or so and upping the purse to something like $2500-$3000 to make up for the weekends there's not a late model show?

Apparently many race tracks have decided that running weekly crates is the answer. First it was modified's and now it's Mods and Crates both taking away from LM car counts.

With this strategy it will get to the point of Lucas, WOO, and a handful of other racing associations cornering the market, and the race fans will see them a time or two locally and have to travel the country to see LM's at specials only.

On the other hand, why are promoters not uniting to set down cost cutting rules to help save the LM class.

Many LM drivers are showing that they would rather save money and race Crates or Mods for a pittance purse and not make a dime, than they would to try and keep up with the outrageous expense of racing a LM.

The ball is in the PROMOTERS hands to step up and do something. It appears UMP is in name only and are more concerned about the Hell Tour, than the reason that they were originally created.

The crowds are falling off quite a bit at regular shows as a result also.

"A" MAIN FINISH 30 LAP

1 21 ROBBY HENSLEY
    2 84 BILL BLAIR, JR.
    3 4 TRIPP GERRALD
    4 33 JESSE LAY
    5 18 ETHAN BURGESS
    6 10 MIKE MEYERS
    7 99 TOM COLLINI
    8 98 MASON COMBS
    9 7p GRAYLIN PRINCE
    10 9b KEVIN BLAIR
    11 OHIO 1 JOHN WHITNEY, JR.