Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    No they didn't, but that's one man I don't think they could do enough for. I'm sure when the world comes around there will he something special in store.
    Good post!

Earl didn't want a memorial race, or any of the glory. The track is just fulfilling what he requested of them. To carry on the legacy of eldora , not the man but the track.

The track had Earl's spirit all over it last night. Despite what went down... that was one hell of a race!

Quote Originally Posted by DmrFAN View Post
    They didn't do enough. Just my opinion
    At the drivers meeting, Roger Slack stated that Earl did not want them to have a memorial race or make a big deal of it when he passed.

The missing man formation was awesome. Gave us all goosebumps. They did a remembrance during the opening race in April. It was very nice. We thank him every time we crest the hill on Northstar-Ft. Loramie Road and see the track come into view. That feeling never gets old.
    Workin' when I'd rather be dirtin'!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by satrdaynitedreamin View Post
    The missing man formation was awesome. Gave us all goosebumps. They did a remembrance during the opening race in April. It was very nice. We thank him every time we crest the hill on Northstar-Ft. Loramie Road and see the track come into view. That feeling never gets old.
    That ain't no sh!t man, crest that hill and you are in dirt tracking Heaven.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    At the drivers meeting, Roger Slack stated that Earl did not want them to have a memorial race or make a big deal of it when he passed.
    Nice to know frye. Earl shouldn't have struck anyone as the type to want some long drawn out fancy ceremonial circus type memorial. Keep improving Eldora, keep it dirt, keep the fans happy, and never forget the man who built it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.