Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stormy Scott

Default Stormy Scott

Is Stormy Scott driving for Rowland racing anymore, It doesn't show his name on the schedules for Mods or Late Models and have not seen him on any results for the USMTS the last few races

No, lost his ride.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundNrOUND View Post
    No, lost his ride.

Wow didn't know that.... Stormy was good to......
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Wow didn't know that.... Stormy was good to......
    Wow, maybe they are high!

If this Infact true...... This will be the 2nd time in 2 years they have split.

Husker you are correct,they split 2 years ago a couple days before the first Lucas oil race at lakeside with the USMTS as a support class, then he finished out the year driving for Joey Galloway from Canada... If they did split I hope he puts something together soon because he's a lot of fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by JTB75 View Post
    Husker you are correct,they split 2 years ago a couple days before the first Lucas oil race at lakeside with the USMTS as a support class, then he finished out the year driving for Joey Galloway from Canada... If they did split I hope he puts something together soon because he's a lot of fun to watch
    Yep..... I remember that very well. There was a lot speculation that Stormy was gonna run both cars that week. I was in the pits at Lakeside.....didn't see the cars. Kept wondering if he was gonna pull in. Then I saw stormy in the Galloway pits. I knew something was off.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Yep..... I remember that very well. There was a lot speculation that Stormy was gonna run both cars that week. I was in the pits at Lakeside.....didn't see the cars. Kept wondering if he was gonna pull in. Then I saw stormy in the Galloway pits. I knew something was off.
    So another word, no body knows (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    So another word, no body knows (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!
    I was just recalling what happened two years ago. The storyline sounds really familiar. Scott was supposed to drive the late model more and he wasn't doing that. He supposedly left the team on that Monday before lakeside. This year he has entered 4 events at two tracks in a Late Model since speed weeks. I'm not saying that's what happened this time around. Who knows what happened.

RoundNRound knows his sh!t.

I imagine Rowland will have a replacement driver very soon.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 06-12-2015 at 03:10 AM.

Rowland don't have enough money (again) to run the team and let Stormy and Joe Bob go.. Would be surprised if Owens finished year with him as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bigracer93 View Post
    Rowland don't have enough money (again) to run the team and let Stormy and Joe Bob go.. Would be surprised if Owens finished year with him as well
    As someone who pulls for Owens to do well, I've been nervous about this team since day one. Surprised that Scott and Joe Bob were let go.

Didn't Rowland recently build an additional shop in Iowa? I assumed that was largely for the convienence of the modified team.

I am not surprised with Rowland, he acts like he is made out of money and I do not think he has it to field multiple cars!

A couple years ago Rowland had Jeremy Payne from Springfield, Mo in that car for some select shows before Payne was named the GRT house driver. I thought Payne and Rowland were a good fit and he ran very well and did tear stuff up!

Think about it Rowland is in the oil field and its gone down hill bad, yes they built a huge shop in iowa. Jo bob is still an employee, if yall wanna see the 2s he will be racing this weekend. It is going to surprise everyone when he shows up with a certain someone. But it is only for the weekend nothing long term as of now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMullet117 View Post
    Think about it Rowland is in the oil field and its gone down hill bad, yes they built a huge shop in iowa. Jo bob is still an employee, if yall wanna see the 2s he will be racing this weekend. It is going to surprise everyone when he shows up with a certain someone. But it is only for the weekend nothing long term as of now!!!
    Very intriquing......

BigMullet117,

Maybe Birky at Donnellson tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Very intriquing......
    I'm going to take a guess on the mystery driver and say Brian Birkhofer is driving this weekend

I was told it will be at a Summit Modified race or two for that team.

I took the post above to mean that Stormy will be racing with another team this weekend.

Yes he will be, in UMP instead of USMTS.