Default whos going to create the new hagerstown/quad-state area forum?

now that va dirt lovers is gone. i think the community large and established enough to keep a localized forum going without having to weed through the national scene.

Hopefully someone will step in, wish I knew how to. The question is why did JW take down the board? I am guessing that someone posted something negative about the love of his life Hagerstown and he chose to kill the messenger instead of just deleting the post.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened. When you are a fan of dirt track racing it is difficult to watch people have a negative impact on it. If you think anything positive comes out of bashing a track like Hagerstown or Winchester then I don't know what to tell you other than you are probably part of the reason the board isn't there anymore. We are blessed with two great tracks that provide great racing and the only thing that happens is half the people complain about one and the other half complain about the other. If everyone would just shut the hell up and go to whatever track they wanted to I'm sure the board would still be there.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

reasoning is neither here nor there...much like the board itself...i took away the promotion and information. for me, that far outweighed the difference of opinion which exists no matter what.

They did cite legal issues as another reason for taking the forum down. I'm not sure what happened but I would take it down too if that were the case. I'm sure they were not making money hand over fist, especially not enough to deal with legal issues as a result.

Thank you,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
    Hopefully someone will step in, wish I knew how to. The question is why did JW take down the board? I am guessing that someone posted something negative about the love of his life Hagerstown and he chose to kill the messenger instead of just deleting the post.
    That's the murican way buddy.

Just look the other way instead of addressing the problem, it will go away after a while.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Missing it already...was great for checking results, learning about upcoming shows, and finding out all the local news and rumors that you don't find anywhere else.

Why not just use the WG forum? http://www.williamsgrove.com/forum/index.php

same reason i dont go to williams grove to see racing at winchester...

in the meantime heres a primitive board until someone comes up with something else... as i have free time i'll tinker with it but right now theres only one user so its up to you to build on it. feel free to spread the word or disregard as you so desire folks...

http://4stateracing.free-forum.net/

Question

I go on vacation and this is the kind of crap that happens...

A very sad day...Very sad indeed...
    Opinions may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by Okfine View Post
    That's the murican way buddy.

Just look the other way instead of addressing the problem, it will go away after a while.
    About the complaining, how will a track truly know how they are doing if no one comments? sure, butts in seats say a lot, but not the whole story.

So folks complained that Hagerstown scheduled against Winchester just about every extra purse race. That is a fact.

Folks complained about the ill conceived MD-VA Chase, too many races and scheduling against Speedweek.

Someone must have really laid out an anti Hagerstown post for JW to just wave the white flag. The two complaints I mentioned are certainly not 'kill the board' worthy.

What the heck, let's give Swami's board a go, seems a little tidbit has emerged, need more though.

I'm with doomsday. Let's give the 4stateracing forum a try. Thanks to th3Swami for his efforts.

Do you think that Bozo guy was the reason they took down the ol' VA Dirt Lovers site?

Signed on also, I'm sure it'll take off pretty quick... Kudos Swami!
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Way to go Mudweiser! Seriously, the 4 state area can benefit from a local blog. Big sites like 4M.net have all the top stories, but it's nice to be able to see what the little local tracks and drivers are doing. Pass the info onto other previous VA dirt lovers that you know.
    The new site is http://4stateracing.free-forum.net/